- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Relationship between Interpersonal Relationship Ability, Interpersonal Relationship Satisfaction, Stress and Department Satisfaction of Dental Hygiene Students
일부 치위생과 학생들의 대인관계 능력, 대인관계 만족도 및 스트레스와 학과만족도와의 관련성
- Choi, Mi-Hyun (Samsung Family Dental Office) ;
- Lee, Hye-Jin (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Dong Pusan College)
- Received : 2019.12.30
- Accepted : 2020.02.20
- Published : 2020.02.28
The purpose of this study was to identify dental hygiene students' interpersonal relationship ability, interpersonal relationship satisfaction, stress levels and to develop positive measures for adapting to university life through the investigation of their relevance to the departmental satisfaction. It was conducted by using the convenience sampling of students enrolled in the dental hygiene department and a self-reported survey. Collected data were analyzing by using SPSS Statistics version 22.0 program (p=0.05). The correlations among their interpersonal relationship ability, interpersonal relationship satisfaction, stress and department satisfaction were examined to show that interpersonal relationship ability have a positive correlation with department satisfaction, while stress has a negative correlation with the latter. Both department intelligibility and interpersonal relationship ability, as factors influencing their department satisfaction, have positive effects on department satisfaction, indicating that the factors influencing that the factors influencing dental hygiene students' department satisfaction are interpersonal relationship ability and department intelligibility. Although this study is limited to generalization by conducting research on some dental hygiene students, it is deemed necessary to develop and apply interpersonal relationship ability and department-related information programs as a way to increase department satisfaction.
- H. K. Yoon, M. S. Choi & J. H. Lee. (2014). The structural relationship that self-elasticity of student in dental hygienic influences study satisfaction and Life adaptation of college. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(5), 335-343. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2014.12.5.335 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.5.335
- Y. H. Kim, M. S. Yang & H. R. Park. (2015). A study on a relationship between unversity students life stress and suicidal ideation: mediating effect of mental health. Journal of digital convergence, 13(11), 291-301. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.291 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.291
- Y. J. Son, E. Y. Choi & Y. A. Song. (2010). The Relationship between Stress and Depression in Nursing College Students. Korean Journal of Stress Research, 18(4), 345-351.
- M. S. Yoon & H. J. Jung. (2017). The effect of stress reaction on the resilience among dental hygiene students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 18(6), 486-493. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.6.486 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.6.486
- H. W. Kwak & S. W. Hwang. (2017). A comparative study on interpersonal relationship, self-difficacy, and department satisfaction of students majoring in nursing: focus on a four-year technical college and university. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(2), 239-249. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.239 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.239
- J. R. Lee, H. J. Kim & H. J. Ko. (2014). The effects of self-esteem, interpersonal relationship abilities on department satisfaction in the dental hygiene students. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 14(1), 39-47. DOI : 10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.01.39 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.01.39
- Y. S. Song, S. B. Kwon, K. S. Ahn, Y. N. Kim, S. H. Kim & M. J. Cha. (2003). A study on the department satisfaction of the students majoring dental hygiene at K-college. Kyungbok college, 7, 297-316.
- Y. J. Jung. (2019). Self-esteem and school life satisfaction affect the stress of college student. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 19(8), 707-714. DOI : 10.35873/ajmahs.2019.9.8.063
- B. G. Guerney. (1977). Relationship enhancement. skill-training program for therapy, problem prevention and enrichment. San Francisco : Jossey-Bass.
- S. M. Moon. (1980). A study on the effect of human relations training of university students. Journal of Gyungsang National University, 19, 195-203.
- H. S. Jang & B. Y. Choi. (2009). The effect of adolescent's background, family self-esteem, interpersonal relations disposition on etiquette implementation. Journal of Family Resource Management, 13(2), 23-41.
- H. G. Eun. (1999). Does self-regulatory group counseling improve adolescents' interpersonal abilities: Self-awareness, other-awareness, interpersonal skills and interpersonal satisfaction? Doctoral dissertation. Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- H. J. Jang & Y. J. Jeon. (2016). The effect of introversion.extroversion and interpersonal satisfaction on smart phone addiction perceived by university students. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 25(2), 137-152. DOI : 10.5934/kjhe.2016.25.2.137. https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2016.25.2.137
- J. H. Park & Y. S. Seo. (2010). Validation of the perceived stress scale (PSS) on samples of korean university students, Korean Journal of Psychology, 29(3), 611-629. DOI : 10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.01.39
- K. H. Kim & H. S. Ha. (2000). A study of department satisfaction factors of undergraduate students. Korea Journal of Counseling, 1(1), 7-20.
- H. M. Kwon & H. S. Han. (2018). Perception toward happiness and department satisfaction in nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 19(1), 527-536. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2018.19.1.527. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2018.19.1.527
- S. L. Lee. (2019). Convergence relationship of self-esteem, empathy ability and interpersonal relationship ability in dental hygiene students. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 10(7), 87-92. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2019.10.7.087 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2019.10.7.087
- M. J. Park & D. N. Oh. (2017). Effects of communication skill on interpersonal satisfaction and subjective happiness among college students. The Korea Contents Association, 17(11), 423-434. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.11.423
- S. W. Ahn. (2014). A study on the mediating effects of rejection sensitivity and unconditional self-acceptance in the relationships between adult attachment and interpersonal satisfaction. Unpublished master' thesis, Sookmoung Women's University, Seoul.
- J. R. Lee & S. Y. Kim. (2018). The effects of life stress on university life satisfaction and major satisfaction Convergence Era. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(6), 21-29. DOI : 10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.6.021
- H. J. Ju, H. S. Jun & M. K. Park. (2019). The stress, self-efficacy, and self-control of university students impact on smartphone addiction. Journal of Digital Convergence, 17(11), 395-407. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2019.17.11.395
- G. W. Jang, J. Y. Lee & M. K. Jeong. (2013). A study on motivation for major choice ane major adaptation among some dental hygiene students. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 13(2), 335-342. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.2.335