- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Relationship among Positive Psychological Capital, Physical Health Status, Depression, Interpersonal Relationship and Learning Flow in Nursing Students
간호대학생의 긍정심리자본과 신체적 건강상태, 우울, 대인관계 및 학습몰입의 관련성 연구
- Kim, Dong-Ok (Department of Nursing, Gyeongbuk College of Health) ;
- Lee, Hae Jin (Department of Nursing, Gyeongbuk College of Health) ;
- Lee, A Yeong (Seoul Metropolitan Children's Hospital)
- Received : 2019.10.21
- Accepted : 2020.01.20
- Published : 2020.01.28
This study is a descriptive study designed to identify the relationships among positive psychological capital, physical health status, depression, interpersonal relationship and learning flow. The subjects were 181 nursing students and the data collection was from May 8 to June 20, 2019. Data analysis methods were descriptive statistics, t-tests, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients, and stepwise multiple regression, using the SPSS 22.0 program. Positive psychological capital showed statistical differences according to age, grade, motive for major choice, major satisfaction and subjective health status. Positive psychological capital was correlated with depression(r=-.454, p<.001), interpersonal relationship(r=.611, p<.001) and learning flow(r=.452, p<.001). The factors affecting learning flow were positive psychological capital(β=.414, p<.001), major satisfaction(β=.177, p=.014), and grade(β=-.150, p=.026), which explained 24.4% of the variance. Therefore, it is necessary to develop and apply educational programs that can promote positive psychological capital in nursing students.
- L. H. Freeman, R. R. Voignier & D. L. Scott. (2002). New Curriculum for a New Century: Beyond Repackaging. The Journal of Nursing Education, 41(1), 38-40.
- A. Alzayyat & E. Al-Gamal. (2014). A Review of the Literature Regarding Stress among Nursing Students during Their Clinical Education. International Nursing Review, 61 (3), 406-415. https://doi.org/10.1111/inr.12114
- I. S. Kim, T. B. Seo, B. N. Kim & A. R. Min. (2015). The Effects of Positive Psychological Capital, Organizational Commitment, Customer Orientation in Clinical Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration. 21(1), 10-19. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2015.21.1.10 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.1.10
- F. Luthans, K. W. Luthans & B. C. Luthans. (2004). Positive Psychological Capital: Beyond Human and Social Capital. Business Horizons, 47(1), 45-50. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2003.11.007
- C. M. Youssef-Morgan & F. Luthans. (2015). Psychological Capital and Wellbeing. Stress and Health, 31(3), 180-188. https://doi.org/10.1002/smi.2623
- F. Luthans, F, C. M. Youssef-Morgan & B. J. Avolio. (2006). Psychological Capital: Developing the Human Competitive Eedge. Oxford Scholarship Online.
- J. B. Avey, T. S. Wernsing & F. Luthans. (2008). Can Positive Employees Help Positive Organizational Change? Impact of Psychological Capital and Emotions on Relevant Attitude and Behaviors. The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 44(1), 48-70. https://doi.org/10.1177/0021886307311470
- T. D. Nguyen & T. T. M. Nguyen. (2012). Psychological Capital, Quality of Work Life, and Quality of Life of Marketers: Evidence from Vietnam. Journal of Macromarketing, 32(1), 87-95. https://doi.org/10.1177/0276146711422065
- H. Y. Jang. (2012). Implications of Positive Psychology for the Field of Lifelong Education. Andragogy Today: Interdisciplinary Journal of Adult & Continuing Education. 15(1), 141-169.
- S. H. In, M. J. Kim & K. I. Chung. (2016). The Effects of Positive Psychological Capital on Their Service Recovery, Service Quality and the Customer Relationship Quality in Food Service Industry. International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, 30(2), 63-76.
- T. H. Lim, Y. S. Lee & Y. R. Kim. (2014). Change of Positive Psychological Capital and Heart and Blood Lactate from Exercise Intensity and Duration. The Korean Journal of Physical Education, 53(4), 181-190.
- M. Y. Lee & K. H. Kim. (2012). Influence of Head Nurses' Transformational Leadership on Staff Nurse's Psychological Well-being, Stress and Somatization-Focused on the Mediating Effect of Positive Psychological Capital. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 18(2), 166-175. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.166 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.166
- J. O. Ko, S. K. Park & M. H. Lee. (2013). Factors Affecting Burnout among Clinical Nurses According to Positive Psychological Capital. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 19(2), 304-314. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2013.19.2.304 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.2.304
- J. Travelbee. (1966). Interpersonal Aspects of Nursing. Philadelphia: F. A. Davis Company.
- Y. M. Kim. (2016). Mediation Effect of Positive Psychological Capital Between Self-Leadership and Learning Flow of Nursing Students. Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 17(7), 112-122. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.7.112
- G. O. Noh & Y. S. Im. (2017). The Influence of Perfectionism and Positive Psychological Capital on Job Stress of Nursing Students. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 19(3B), 1655-1668. https://doi.org/10.37727/jkdas.2017.19.3.1655
- Y. K. Kim, S. H. Kwon & H. G. Son. (2018). The Influence of Perceived Stress, Depression, and Positive Psychological Capital on Quality of Life among Nursing Students. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 20(3B), 1579-1593. https://doi.org/10.37727/jkdas.2018.20.3.1579
- S. N. Lee & J. A. Kim. (2017). Concept Analysis of Positive Psychological Capital. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 23(2), 181-190. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2017.23.2.181 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2017.23.2.181
- K. H. Kim & K. H. Kim. (2011). Anger, Depression and Self-esteem among Female Students in Nursing College. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 20(3), 233-241. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.3.233
- J. C. Perry. (2008). School Engagement among Urban Youth of Color: Criterion Pattern Effects of Vocational Exploration and Racial Identity. Journal of Career Development, 34, 397-422. DOI : 10.1177/0894845308316293 https://doi.org/10.1177/0894845308316293
- B. C. Luthans, K. W. Luthans & S. M. Jensen. (2012). The Impact of Business School Students: Psychological Capital on Academic Performance. Journal of Education for Business, 87(5), 253-259. https://doi.org/10.1080/08832323.2011.609844
- J. S. Kim. (2013). An Exploratory Study on the Effect of Psychological Capital on Employment-Preparation Behavior of College Students. Andragogy Today : International Journal of Adult & Continuing Education, 16(4), 31-59.
- K. R. Shin. (2000)., A Study on the Health Status of Island Community People in Island. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 12(2), 296-310.
- K. K. Chon, S. C. Choi & B. C. Yang. (2001). Integrated Adaptation of CES - D in Korea. The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 6, 59-76.
- S. Schlein, B. Guerney & L. Stover. (1971). The Interpersonal Relationship Scale. Unpublished Doctoral dissertation. Pennsylvania State University.
- A. Y. Kim, H. Y. Tack & C. H. Lee. (2010). The Development and Validation of a Learning Flow Scale for Adults. The Korean Society of Educational Psychology, 24(1), 39-59.
- Y. M. Kim. (2017). The Educational Implications for Positive Psychological Capital and Psychological Well-being of Emotional Intelligence of Nursing Students. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 7(7), 112-122. DOI : 10.14257/ajmahs.2017.07.17
- M. K. Hong. (2015). The Impact of the University Student's Self-Leadership on the Learning Flow: Focused on Mediating Effect of Psychological Capital. The Journal of Business Education, 29(6), 1-23. https://doi.org/10.34274/KRABE.2015.29.6.001
- M. S. Kang & E. R. Bang. (2015). The Influence of Undergraduate Students' Self-Directedness and Major Satisfaction upon Career Exploration Behavior and the Mediating Effect of Employability. The Korean Journal of Human Development, 22(2), 21-46.
- S. J. Lee. (2011). The Effect of Flow on Learning and Self-efficacy on College Adaptation and Academic Achievement in Undergraduate Students. The Korean Society of Educational Psychology, 25(2), 235-253.
- J. H. Kim. (2017). The Development and Effectiveness of the Positive Psychological Capital Enhancement Program for Nursing Students. Doctoral Dissertation, Gyeongsang National University.
- H. S. Kim, W. J. Park & T. H. Ha. (2006). The Influencing Factors of Interpersonal Relationship in Nursing Students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 12(2), 229-237.
- S. H. Sok, D. S. Shin & K. B. Kim. (2006). A Study of Correlation between Interpersonal Relationship and Self-efficacy of Nursing Students. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 15(4), 475-481.
- S. H. Kwon, H. G. Son & K. M. Kim. (2017). Factors Affecting Depression among Nursing Students, Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 19(3), 1685-1697. https://doi.org/10.37727/jkdas.2017.19.3.1685
- J. H. Bae & K. Y. Jung. (2013). Effects of Positive Psychological Strength Program on the Enhancement of Junior College Students' Feeling of Happiness. Korean Journal of Christian Counselling, 24(3), 113-147.