- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Success Factor Analysis of New Korean Wave 'K-POP' and A study on the importance of Smart Media to sustain Korean Wave
신한류 'K-POP'의 성공요인 분석과 한류 지속화를 위한 스마트미디어 활용의 중요성에 관한 연구
- Park, Hyun-Kyu (Dept of LINC+, Chosun University)
- 박현규 (조선대학교 링크플러스사업단)
- Received : 2020.03.03
- Accepted : 2020.04.20
- Published : 2020.04.28
This study focuses on the phenomenon that K-POP has become spotlight as killer contents which can be spread over the world beyond Asia. In order to identify critical factors of successful impact of K-POP on other cultures, the influence of the change in media on the globalization of popular culture was explored and the related requirements were analyzed. Furthermore, the potential markers for K-POP, a core field of the Korean Wave, were also analyzed and specific factors such as effective infrastructure of among producer of contents, platform subscriber, network provider, terminal enterprise and retailers for building new businesses model were investigated in detail.
- Korea Tourism Organization. (2013). Hallyu Tourism Survey Report. Seoul : Korea Tourism Organization
- The Economics and Humanities and Social Sciences Society. (2007). Utilization of Humanities in Korean Wave. Seoul : The Economics and Humanities and Social Sciences Society
- Y. H. Shin. (2002, March). The Korean Wave in East Asia: Comparative Analysis and Evaluation, Seogang University, Dong-A Research Institute, 42. 8.
- D. Y. Choi. (2011). Development of Korean Wave and National Brand, Prospects and Challenges of Korean Wave, New Media Era, Outlook and Challenges of the Korean Wave. 5, 148.
- M. Y. Byun. (2011). K-POP-led New Korean Wave: the Challenge. Korea Creative Content Agency, 3, 2-23.
- J. S. Park, (2011). Creation of the Korean Wave, Foot, Crisis and New Korean Wave Phenomena. New Media Age, Outlook and Challenges of the Korean Wave. 4. 29-30.
- J. Y. Chae. (2011). Research on policy measures for the development of the New Korean Wave. Seoul : Korea Institute of Culture and Tourism.
- KOCIS, (2011). K-POP: A New Force in Pop Music, 1. 10-11.
- S. R. Seo. (2012). A Study on the Types and Values of TV Advertisements Borrowing K-POP Singers. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Trends, 35. 237-246. DOI : 10.21326/ksdt.2012..35.021
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism Trend Research. (2012). Hallyu: From K-POP to K-Culture. Seoul : Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism Trend Research.
- M. Y. Byun. (2011). K-pop-driven Shinhan Wave: Current Status and Tasks, KOCCA Focus, 31, 20.
- Analysis and Prospect of Culture and Art Trend. (2012.March), Korea Creative Content Agency 4, 38.
- Benjamin, Walter, S. M. Choi. (2007). Art work in the era of technological reproduction; Small history of photography (others). Seoul : Gil.
- J. Y. Go. (2011). Korean Wave, YouTube to South America, Sisa In, 60-63.
- Y. H. Kim. (2011). The Direction of Korean Wave Development in the Social Media Era, New Media Era, Outlook and Challenges of the Korean Wave, 5, 42.
- Korea Creative Content Agency. (2012. May). Culture and Art Trend Analysis and Prospect, Korea Creative Content Agency, 4, 38.
- J. Y. Chae. (2011) Research on policy measures for the development of the New Korean Wave, Korea Culture and Tourism Institute, 15, 21-25.
- Korea Creative Content Agency(2012. Aug). Analysis and prospect of culture and art trend. Korea Creative Content Agency, 5, 46-49.
- K-POP Invasion (4) Korean Wave, Hanging Digital Wings.(2011.01.21) JoongAng Ilbo, 12-20