- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The relationships among college students' life stress, self-efficacy, locus of control, and subjective well-being
대학생의 생활스트레스, 자기효능감, 내외통제 및 주관안녕 간의 관계
- Kang, HyeJa (Dept. of Psychology, Jeonbuk National University)
- 강혜자 (전북대학교 심리학과)
- Received : 2020.01.22
- Accepted : 2020.04.20
- Published : 2020.04.28
The purpose of this paper was to investigate the relationships among college students' life stress, self-efficacy, locus of control, and subjective well-being. A total of 279 college students participated in this study. It was administered a questionnaire consisting of questioned of concerning life stress, self-efficacy, locus of control, and subjective well-being. The correlation analysis and the analysis of mediating effect were conducted on the data. The main results of data analysis showed (1) correlations among life stress, self-efficacy, locus of control, and subjective well-being, (2) significant mediating effect of self-efficacy between life stress and subjective well-being. The direction of a further study was suggested.
- J. S. Lee & S. Y. Lee. (2016). The relationship between life stress and depression in university students: Mediating effect of self-efficacy. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 10(4), 239-248. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2016.10.4.239
- J. K. Lee, Y. S. Jang & P. R. Jung. (2006). The relationships among locus of control, depression, and stress coping behavior of college students. Korean Psychological Association Annual Conference, 1, 468-469.
- H. K. Jang & S. K. Kang. (1996). Stress and mental health. Hakjisa: Seoul.
- R. S. Lazarus & J. B. Cohen. (1977). Environmental stress. Plenum, New York.
- H. Selye. (1956). Stress and Psychiatry. American Journal of Psychiatry, 13(5), 423-427.
- R. S. Lazarus & S. Folkman. (1984). Stress, appraisal, and coping. New york: Springer.
- J. Y. Park & J. K. Kim. (2014). The effects of life stress on university student's suicide and depression: Focusing on the mediating pathway of family and friend's support. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 21(1), 167-189.
- V. R. Wilburm & D. E. Smith. (2005). Stress, self-esteem, and suicidal ideation in late. Adolescence, 40(157), 33-46.
- H. J. Kang. (2012). Procrastination, stress coping strategies, and subjective well-being of college students. Discourse 201, 15(1), 67-92. https://doi.org/10.17789/discou.2012.15.1.003
- N. M. Kim & S. S. Kim. (2013). Mediation effects of social support and resilience between life stress and psychological well-being among korean college students. Korean Journal of Counseling, 14(2), 1125-1144. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.14.2.201304.1125
- O. H. Lee. (2012). The influence of life stress, ego-resilience and social support on psychological well-being among college students. Korean Journal of Counseling, 19(1), 29-57.
- N. E. Kim. (2011). The relationships among stress, resilience, and quality of life in college students. Korean Journal of Youth Welfare, 13(4), 1-19.
- M. Shi, X. Wang, Y. Bian & L. Wang. (2015). The mediating role of resilience in the relationship between stress and life satisfaction among chinese medical students. A cross-sectional. BMC Medical Education. 15(16), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12909-014-0281-2
- C. Segrin, A. Hanzal, C. Donnerstein., M. Taylor, & T. Domschke. (2007). Social skills, psychological well-being, and the mediating role of perceived stress. Anxiety, Stress, & Coping, 20(3), 321-329. https://doi.org/10.1080/10615800701282252
- H. Kang. (2018). The effects of college students' life stress on psychological well-being: Mediating effects of resilience. Master's thesis. Ewha Womans University. Seoul.
- A. Bandura. (1977). Self-efficacy : Toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological Review, 84, 191-215. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- J. H. HA & H. I. Jo. (2006). The relationships among perfectionism, stress, the ways of stress coping, self-efficacy, college adjustment. Korean Journal of Counseling, 7(2), 595-611.
- J. B. Rotter. (1966). Generalized expectancies for internal locus of control of reinforcement. Psychological Monographs, 80(1), 300-303.
- K. M. Chang. (1984). The study on the internal-external locus of control and self-concepts of normal adolescents and juvenile delinquents. Master's thesis. Sookmyung Women's University. Seoul.
- K. K. Chon, K. H. Kim, & J. S. Lee. (2000). Development of the revised life stress scale for college students. The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 5(2), 316-335.
- M. Sherer, J. E. Maddux, B. Mercandante, S. Prentice-Dunn, B. Jacobs & R. W. Rogers. (1982). The self-efficacy scale: Construction and validation. Psychological Reports, 51, 663-671. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.19126.96.36.1993
- H. Y. Hong. (1995). The relationships of perfectionism self-efficacy and depression. Master's thesis. Ewha Womans University. Seoul.
- J. H. Cha, J. J. Kong & C. S. Kim(1973). Construction of the locus of control scale. Research Note, 2, 263-271.
- D. Watson, L. A. Clark & A. Tellegen. (1988). Development and validation of brief measures of positive and negative affect: The PANAS scales. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 54, 1063-1070. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.523
- J. S. Lee. (1991). Effects of interaction between extrovert and neuroticism on subjective well-being. Master's thesis. Korea University.
- E. Diener, R. A. Emmons, R. J. Larsen & S. Griffin. (1985). The satisfaction with life scale. Journal of Personality Assessment, 49, 71-75. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa4901_13
- Y. J. Lyu. (1996). Effects of personality and the level of needs on subjective well-being. Master's thesis. Yonsei University. Seoul.
- R. M. Baron & D. A. Kenny. (1986). The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51, 1173-1182. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2063