- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Convergence Factors Affecting Interpersonal Competence of among Dental Hygiene Students
일부 치위생과 학생들의 대인관계 유능성에 영향을 미치는 융합적 요인 분석
- Seong, Mi-Gyung (Department of Dental Hygiene, Masan University) ;
- Lee, Yu-Hee (Department of Dental Hygiene, Masan University) ;
- Yun, Jung-Won (Department of Dental Hygiene, Dong-Eui University)
- Received : 2019.11.26
- Accepted : 2020.02.20
- Published : 2020.02.28
Dental hygienists students are required to be able to interact and maintain relationships with dentists and patients. Therefore, the purpose of this study was to identify the relations affecting interpersonal competence of some dental hygiene students, and to provide the necessary data for nurturing competent dental hygienists. The survey was conducted on 293 dental hygiene students in M university. The level of significance was .05 and the statistical program was SPSS win 25.0. As a result of interpersonal competence according to general characteristics and interpersonal characteristics, significant results were found in the degree of human relations and new environmental adaptability. As a result of correlation analysis between subvariables of interpersonal competence, all showed significant positive correlation. Factors affecting interpersonal competence showed significant positive effects on the degree of human relationship(p=.019) and the new environmental adaptability(p=.001). Interpersonal competence are important in the clinic. Therefore, a convergent analysis of the factors influencing is required.
- H. Y. Kim. (2017). A study on the relationship between university student's objectified body consciousness, body esteem, appearance management behavior, interpersonal competence and subjective well-being. Master's theses, Graduate school of Hanyang University. Seoul.
- H. K. Kim. (1992). The effects of group counseling program on the reduction of social anxiety of college students. Doctoral dissertation, Chonnam National University, Kwangju.
- Y. H. Han. (2012). The relationship of parents' language control type with young children's language expressiveness and social ability. Master's theses, Graduate School of Education Keimyung University. Daegu.
- S. J. Ju. (2012). The effect of human relationships class on university students' interpersonal problem level and interpersonal competence. Korean journal of youth studies, 19(7), 79-99.
- S. J. Lee. (2009). The effect of sense of social connectedness and autonomy on college adjustment and subjective well-being among university students: Testing a mediation effect of interpersonal problems. The Korean Journal of School Psychology, 6(2), 229-248. DOI : 10.16983/KJSP.2009.6.2.229 https://doi.org/10.16983/kjsp.2009.6.2.229
- C. B. Lee & H. S. Jeon. (2015). The Effect of Family Differentiation on Interpersonal Competence of College Students: Mediating Effect of Self-Concept. Korean Journal of Counseling, 16(6), 465-483. DOI : 10.15703/KJC.16.6.201512.465 https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.16.6.201512.465
- C. S. Lee et al. (2012). Influential job-related characteristics for the job satisfaction and turnover possibility of dental hygienists. Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, 12(6), 666-674.
- H. R. Ko. & J. H. Kim. (2014). The relationships among emotional intelligence, interpersonal relationship, and job satisfaction of clinical nurses. J Korean. Acad Soc Nurs Edu, 20(3), 413-23. DOI : 10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.3.413 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.3.413
- J. H. Yoo & J. H. Kim. (2016). A study on the satisfaction and stress factor of clinical practice for dental hygiene students. J Dent Hyg Sci, 16(1), 62-9. DOI : 10.17135/JDHS.2016.16.1.62 https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2016.16.1.62
- H. W. Cheon, M. S. Yu & M. J. Jun. (2018) The convergenced influence of character on adjustment to college life in dental hygiene students: focused on the mediating effects of interpersonal relation. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(6), 49-57. DOI : 10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.6.049 https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.6.049
- J. S. Lee & H. J. Chung. (2016). The relationships of parent-child relationship and self-differentiation with interpersonal competence among college students. Korean Association of Family Relations, 21(1), 99-121. DOI : 10.21321/jfr.21.1.99
- H. J. Jeong. (2014). The effects of interpersonal problems on depression in university students: Mediating effect of experiential avoidence and ambivalence over emotional expressiveness. Master's thesis, University of Daegu Catholic, Gyeongsangbuk-do.
- E. J. Lim & M. H. Lee. (2019). Convergence relationship among interpersonal competence, clinical stress and clinical competence in nursing students. Journal of Digital Convergence. 17(5), 279-286. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2019.17.5.279 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2019.17.5.279
- S. J. Kim & H. H. Kim. (2013). Impact of communication competence and empathy abilities on interpersonal relationship abilities among dental hygiene students. J Dent Hyg Sci., 13(3), 304-313.
- M. H. So & Y. Y. Cho. (2016). Relations between interpersonal ability, social support, and clinical practice satisfaction of some dental hygiene students in Gyeonggi province. The Journal of Korean Society for School & Community Health Education, 17(3), 117-129.
- D. Buhrmester, W. Furman. & M. T. Wittenberg. & H. T. Reis, (1988). Five domains interpersonal competence in peer relationships. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 55(6), 991-1008. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1991
- N. R. Han & D. G. Lee. (2010). Validation of he Korean version of the interpersonal competence questionnaire in Korean College Students. The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy. 22(1), 137-156.
- C. D. Ryff. (1989). Happiness is everything, or is it explorations on the meaning of psychological well-being. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 57(6), 1069-1081. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.529
- M. Argyle, M. Martin & J. Crossland. (1989). Happiness as a function of personality and social encounters. In J. P. Forgas, & J. M. Innes (Eds.), Recent advances in social psychology: An international perspective, Netherlands, North-Holland: Elsevier, 189-203.
- Y. E. Kwon, S. Y. Kim. (2019). Factors influencing communication competency of nursing students who have experienced clinical practice. Journal of Leaner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 19(3), 967-981. DOI : 10.22251/JLCCI.2019.19.3.967
- H. K. Cho. (2018). The Influences on the self-regulated learning ability due to nursing students' interpersonal competence and self-determination motivation. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(12), 475-483. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.12.475 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.12.475
- J. H. Lim, E. Y. Jo, Y. K. Oh. & W. Y. Yun. (2016). The effects of dispositional gratitude and cognitive flexibility on the interpersonal conpetence of college students. Studies on Korean Youth, 27(2), 93-120. DOI : 10.14816/SKY.2016.27.2.93 https://doi.org/10.14816/sky.2016.27.2.93
- H. R. Ann. (2011). Differentiation of self and conflict resolution strategies between dating partners among college students. Korean Parent Education Association, 8(1), 87-114.
- K. H. Seo & S. Son. (2014). Relationships between gratitude disposition and psychological well-being: Focus on the mediating effects of interpersonal competence. Korean Health Psychological Association, 19(2), 619-635. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2014.19.2.010
- S. M. Bae. (2015). Validation of the interpersonal competence questionnaire in Korean adults. Korean Counseling Association, 16(3), 51-65.