- Volume 33 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Bridge Monitoring System based on LoRa Sensor Network
LoRa 센서네트워크 기반의 무선교량유지관리 시스템 구축
- Park, Jin-Oh (Institute of Technology, Dong-Il Inc) ;
- Park, Sang-Heon (Institute of Technology, Dong-Il Inc) ;
- Kim, Kyung-Soo (Institute of Technology, Dong-Il Inc) ;
- Park, Won-Joo (Long Span Bridge Management Center, KISTEC) ;
- Kim, Jong-Hoon (Long Span Bridge Management Center, KISTEC)
- 박진오 (동일기술공사 기술연구소) ;
- 박상헌 (동일기술공사 기술연구소) ;
- 김경수 (동일기술공사 기술연구소) ;
- 박원주 (한국시설안전공단 특수교관리센터) ;
- 김종훈 (한국시설안전공단 특수교관리센터)
- Received : 2020.01.02
- Accepted : 2020.01.10
- Published : 2020.04.30
The IoT-based sensor network is one of the methods that can be efficiently applied to maintain the facilities, such as bridges, at a low cost. In this study, based on LoRa LPWAN, one of the IoT communications, sensor board for cable tension monitoring, data acquisition board for constructing sensor network along with existing measurement sensors, are developed to create bridge structural health monitoring system. In addition, we designed and manufactured a smart sensor node for LoRa communication and established a sensor network for monitoring. Further, we constructed a test bed at the Yeonggwang Bridge to verify the performance of the system. The test bed verification results suggested that the LoRa LPWAN-based sensor network can be applied as one of the technologies for monitoring the bridge structure soundness; this is excellent in terms of data rate, accuracy, and economy.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Park, J.O., Park. S.H. (2018) A Study on the Application of Bridge Maintenance System using LoRa LPWAN Wireless Communication, J. Korea Inst. Struct. Maint.& Insp., 23(1), pp.138-146.
- Vilajosana, X., Pere, T.P., Martinez, B., Watteyne, T. (2017) Understanding the Limit of LoRaWAN, IEEE Commnication Mag..
- Ahmed, A., Kumar, Y. (2016) Structural Health Monitoring: Inter of Things Application, IEEE 59th International Midewest Symposium on Circuits and Systems.
- Carmelo, S., Paolo, F.S., Francesco, L., Renato, S.O., Comenico, L.C. (2018) IoT Structural Health Monitoring, IEEE Instumentation & Measurement Mag., pp.4-14.
- Ferran, A., Xavier, V., Pre, T.P., Borja, M., Joan, M.S., Thomas, W. (2017) Understanding the Limits of LoRaWAN, IEEE Communications Magazine, pp.1-7.
- Kim, J.H., Park. W.J. (2018) LoRa LPWAN Sensor Network for Real-Time Monitoring and It's Control Method, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 31(6), pp.359-366. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2018.31.6.359
- Kim, J .T ., S im. S.H., Cho, S .J., Y un, C.B., Min, J .Y. (2016) Recent R&D Activities on Structural Health Monitoring in Korea, Struct. Monit. & Maint., 3(1), pp.91-114. https://doi.org/10.12989/smm.2016.3.1.091
- Lim, J.Y., Lee, J.M., Kim, D.H., Kim, J.D. (2017) Performance Analysis of LoRa(Long Range) according to the Distance in Indoor and Outdoor Spaces, Journal of KIISE, 44(7), pp.733-741. https://doi.org/10.5626/JOK.2017.44.7.733
- Lora Alliance (2015) A Technical Overview of LoRa and LoRa WAN, pp.8-11.
- Lora Alliance (2018) LoRaWAN 1.0.3 Regional Parameters, pp.53-57.