- Volume 33 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Characteristics of Railway Structures under High-Speed Train Loading
고속열차 주행 시 동적하중을 받는 철도구조물의 진동 특성
- Rhee, Inkyu (Department of Civil Engineering, Chonnam National Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jae Min (Department of Civil Engineering, Chonnam National Univ.)
- Received : 2020.01.09
- Accepted : 2020.01.29
- Published : 2020.04.30
The purpose of this study is to investigate the distribution patterns of displacement and acceleration fields in a nonlinear soil ground based on the interaction of high-speed train, wheel, rail, and ground. For this purpose, a high-speed train in motion was modeled as the actual wheel, and the vertical contact of wheel and rail and the lateral contact, caused by meandering motion, were simulated; this simulation was based on the moving mass analysis. The soil ground part was given the nonlinear behavior of the upper ground part by using the modified the Drucker-Prager model, and the changes in displacement and acceleration were compared with the behavior of the elastic and inelastic grounds. Using this analysis, the displacement and acceleration ranges close to the actual ground behavior were addressed. Additionally, the von-Mises stress and equivalent plastic strain at the ground were examined. Further, the equivalent plastic and total volumetric strains at each failure surface were examined. The variation in stresses, such as vertical stress, transverse pressure, and longitudinal restraint pressure of wheel-rail contact, with the time history was investigated using moving mass. In the case of nonlinear ground model, the displacement difference obtained based on the train travel is not large when compared to that of the elastic ground model, while the acceleration is caused to generate a large decrease.
Supported by : 에너지기술평가원
- ABAQUS (2019) Analysis User's Manual, Version 6.19, Dassault Systemes Simulia, Inc.
- Choi, C.Y., Jung, J.H. (2018) Study of the Long-Term Behavior Characteristics of Roadbed on Concrete Track of High-Speed Railway, J. Korea Aca. Indus. Co. Soc., 19(4), pp.8-16. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2018.19.4.8
- Eum, K.Y., Lee, S.H., Kim, J.W. (2013) Study on Dynamic Characteristics of Structure Approaches According to the Train Moving Loads, Proc. Korean Soc. Rail., 16(4), pp.298-304. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.4.298
- Helwany, S. (2007) Applied Soil Mechanics, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., p.385.
- Hong, G.Y., Kim, D.S., Kang, Y.S. (2013) Evaluation on the Effect of Railroad Structures Affecting on Wheel Load Fluctuations, Proc. Korean Soc. Rail., 13(3), p.10.
- Jang, S.Y., Yang, S.C. (2012) Assessment of Train Running Safety, Ride Comfort and Track Serviceability at Transition between Floating Slab Track and Conventional Concrete Track, J. Korean Soc. Rail., 15(1), pp.48-61. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.1.048
- Karoumi, R. (2019) Recent Research in Railway Bridge Dynamics, Int. Sem. Rail. Brid. & Tra. Int., 33.
- Kim, Y.H., Jeong, S.S., Seol, H.I., Han, Y.A. (2008) Analysis of Allowable Settlement on Tracks of High Speed Railway, J. Korean Soc. Geotech., 24(11), pp.25-34.
- Lee, I.W., Lee, S.J., Lee, S.H., Kang, T.H. (2010) Evaluation of Deformation Characteristics for Bridge/Earthwork Transition Reinforcement Methods Considering Moving Load, J. Korean Soc. Rail., 13(3), pp.298-303.
- Rhee, I., Kim, J.M. (2019) 3D Train-Rail-Soil Dynamic Interaction Analysis, COSEIK Annual Conference.
- Rhee, I., Roh, Y.S. (2015) Dynamic Analysis of Railway Structures using Multibody Contacts, J. Korean Soc. Haz. Mit., 15(6), pp.293-299. https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2015.15.6.293