- Volume 33 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Retrospective Study of 463 Patients who had Funduscopy Examination at Korean Medicine Ophthalmology
한방 안과에 내원하여 안저 검사를 시행한 환자 463명에 대한 후향적 연구 보고
- Lee, Ma-Eum (Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Jeong, Mi-Rae (Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Kim, Chul-Yun (Saengki Korean Medicine Clinic) ;
- Kwon, Kang (Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Seo, Hyung-Sik (Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital)
- 이마음 (부산대학교한방병원 한방안이비인후피부과) ;
- 정미래 (부산대학교한방병원 한방안이비인후피부과) ;
- 김철윤 (생기한의원) ;
- 권강 (부산대학교한방병원 한방안이비인후피부과) ;
- 서형식 (부산대학교한방병원 한방안이비인후피부과)
- Received : 2020.03.27
- Accepted : 2020.05.08
- Published : 2020.05.25
Objectives : The purpose of this study was to analyze and report status of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology patients who did funduscopy examination. Through this, we hope that the development of our diagnosis and treatment. Methods : From June 1, 2010 to May 31, 2019, Based on the electronic medical records of patients who had funduscopy examination at Korean Medicine Ophthalmology, Busan University Korean Medicine Hospital, the gender, age, visiting motives and paths, diagnosis, examination number of years, other eye examinations and treatments method were summarized and analyzed. Results : 463 patients were able to check the electronic medical records. They were 283 females and 180 males. The mean age of the patients was 51.5 years and elderly patients who 50s and 60s were 49.3% of whole patients. The most common motives for Korean Medicine Ophthalmology visitation was 'combination treatment with other department in Korean Medicine Hospital'. Outer eye diseases were 283 cases, inner eye diseases were 198 cases. Dry eye syndrome, asthenopia, visual discomfort, conjunctivitis, and eye discomfort were most common in the outer eye diseases. Cataracts, Vitreous floater, Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma and Ocular Pain were most common in the inner eye disease. The most common parts of outer eye diseases were Conjunctival, lacrimal gland, paralytic, corneal, eyelid and front uveal, scleral disease and then in inner eye diseases parts, Retinal, lens, vitreous, glaucoma, optic nerve, behind uveal, choroid disease were most common. The number of funduscopy examination was ups and downs. Herbal medicine was the most common used. Conclusions : The funduscopy examination is essential for diagnosis and treatment of eye disease. We hope that the use of fundus examination and other ophthalmologic examination will be expanded soon in Korean Medicine Ophthalmology.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology & Dermatology. Ophthalmology: Examination of eye. 1st ed. Gyeonggi-do: Globooks. 2019:378.
- Yu HG, Lee JH. Funduscopic Examination: Method of Funduscopic Examination. 1st ed. Gyeonggi-do: Naewaehs. 2013:3.
- No SS. Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology & Dermatology: Development of Ophthalmology. 3rd ed. Seoul:EIBC. 2007:30-374.
- Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine[Internet]. Orientalmedicine classic DB. [cited 2019 Dec 18]. Available from: https://mediclassics.kr/.
- Gang SW, No SS. Literatural study of the cause and mechanism of Eye Disease. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 1992;5(1):27-44.
- Wang GD. Jeungchijunseung: Chilgyu Capter. Beijing: Inminwuisaeng. 2006. 266-316.
- Healthcare Bigdata Hub[Internet]. Statistics of Frequency Disease. [cited 2019 July 19]. Available from: http://opendata.hira.or.kr/home.do.
- Jin MN. Euibujeonrok: Jangbusinhyeong Capter. Seoul: Daebosa. 1982. 1031-280.
- Lee HJ. The Content Analysis on Korean National Newspaper Coverage of Age-Related Macular Degeneration and Glaucoma. Graduate School of Public Health, Yonsei University. 2015;12:1-57.
- Heo J. Dongeuibogam: Oehyeong Chapter. Beijing: Joonggukjoongeuihak. 1998. 200-28.
- Seo HS, Lee YK, No SS. A Leteratual Study on the external treatment of eye disease. J Oriental Medical surgery, Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology. 1997;10(1):185-208.
- Lee CW, Park IB, Kim SW, Ahn CB, Song CH, et al. The Clinical Study on Chronic Conjunctivitis or Xerophthalmia treated with The Hwangryunhaedock-tang Herbal Acupuncture Therapy. J Korean acupuncture & moxibustion medicine society. 2003;20(4):77-84.
- Jeon GJ. Pharmaceutical composition of Velvet Antler. J Korean Deer. 2002;7(10):60-4.
- Park SW, Lee JW, Lee JH, Ha IH, Byun JH, Jung BH, et al. Identification of Standard Compound of Ja-ha-guh Pharmacopuncture and Validation of Analytic Methods. J Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2016:26(1):33-40.
- Seol H, Sin MS, Song BR, Yook TH. Effects of Jungsongouhyul Herbal Acupuncture(JSO) Multi-treatment for Whiplash Injury by Traffic Accident. J Korean pharmacopuncture institute. 2005;8(1):59-65.