- Volume 33 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Case of Recurrent Aphthous Stomatitis Improved by Korean Medical Treatments - Focus on the effectiveness of Chungyeoldodam-tanggagam and Dangguisoo-san Plus Yuhyangjeongtong-sangagam
한방 치료로 호전된 재발성 아프타성 구내염 치험 1례 - 청열도담탕가감(淸熱導痰湯加減)과 당귀수산합유향정통산가감(當歸鬚散合乳香定痛散加減) 사용효과를 중점으로
- Kim, Tae-Jun (Dept. Of Korean Medical Ophtalmology & Otolaryngology & Dermatology, College of Korean Medicine, Semyung University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Min (Dept. Of Cosmetic Sciences & Beauty Biotechnology, Semyung University) ;
- Kim, Hee-Taek (Dept. Of Korean Medical Ophtalmology & Otolaryngology & Dermatology, College of Korean Medicine, Semyung University)
- Received : 2020.04.10
- Accepted : 2020.05.08
- Published : 2020.05.25
Objectives : The purpose of this study is to report the effectiveness of korean medical treatments on recurrent aphthous stomatitis(RAS) diagnosed as excess pattern(實證) based on symptoms of damum(痰飮), blood stasis(瘀血) and fire-heat(火熱). Methods : We treated a 61-year-old male patient who has RAS by korean medicine, pharmacopuncture and acupuncture treatment. These treatments were performed from 2020.01.22. to 2020.02.29. We have confirmed the improvement of ulcer lesions and pain. We recorded images that include change of symptoms. Results : After the treatments were done, the scores of numeric rating scale(NRS), oral health impact profile-14 (OHIP-14), oral assessment guide (OAG) and world health organization oral toxicity scale (WHO OTS) were decreased. The NRS score was decreased from 7 to 1. The OHIP-14 score was decreased from 30 to 14. The OAG score was decreased from 17 to 9. The WHO OTS score was decreased from 2 to 1. And ulcer lesions were clearly decreased. Conclusions : According to the result, korean medical treatments such as korean medicine, pharmacopuncture and acupuncture treatment, that are targeted at excess pattern(實證) caused by damum(痰飮), blood stasis(瘀血) and fire-heat(火熱) can be effective for the treatment of RAS.
- KDA Textbook Editing Board. Dermatology 6th edition. Seoul:Medbook. 2014:651-60.
- Ahn SK, Jang KH, Jung J, Kim TH, Kang YC, Cheon SH, et al. Common Skin Disease. Seoul:JN Medbook. 2015:746-51.
- Ko WS, Kim KJ, Kim NK, Kim YB, Kim JH, Kim HT, et al. Text of Traditional Korean Dermatology & Surgery. Busan:Seonu. 2007:518-21.
- O G. Uijonggeumgam. Seoul:Daeseongmunhwasa. 1994:214-6.
- Kim JY, Kim JS, Son JH, Seon JK, Kang K, Jang SW, et al. Efficacy of Gamiyukmijihwang-tang on Recurrent Aphthous Stomatitis. Korean J. Orient. Int. Med. 2012;33(2):231-42.
- Ha NY, Lee JH, Lee JE, Nam SU, Ko WH, Hwang MN, et al. A Follow-up study of clinical Characteristics of Recurrent Aphthous Stomatitis patients treated with herbal medicine. Korean J. Orient. Int. Med. 2017;38(5):812-9. https://doi.org/10.22246/jikm.2017.38.5.812
- Huh MH, Song IB. A clinical study of Soeumin Doksamkwankaeijungtang. J. of Sasang. Const. Med. 2000;12(1):240-59.
- Lee HC, Lee SW, Bae EJ, Park SU, Yoon SW, Ko CN. A case report of Recurrent Aphthous Stomatitis resulted from Cessation of smoking in stroke patient. Korean J. Orient. Int. Med. 2003;24(4):967-74.
- Lee HY, Hwang MS. A Case of Sciatica; Did Not Respond to Prolotherapy and Extracorporeal Shock wave Therapy. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2016;11(2):57-64.
- Lee MS, Kim SH, Yang JS, Oh JS, Kim DK. Validity and reliability of the Oral Health Impact Profile in elderly Korean 65+. J Korean Acad Dent Health. 2005;29(2):210-21.
- Kim HS, Choi JE, Yoo HS. The effectiveness of Gargling Hwangryunhaedok-tang on Chemotherapy-Induced Stomatitis. J of Kor. Traditional Oncology. 2011;16(1):1-14.
- Cho NK, Lee YR, Choi HS, Kim KS, Kim SM. A case report of Chemotherapy-Induced Stomatitis clinically improved by Acupuncture treatment. J of Kor. Traditional Oncology. 2017;22(2):25-31.
- Stone R, Fliedner MC, Smiet AC. Management of oral mucositis in patients with cancer. Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2005;9(1):24-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejon.2005.08.004
- Korean Society of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 2nd edition. Seoul:Koonja. 2018:275-8.
- Korean Society of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. Otorhinolaryngology 1st edition. Seoul:Ilchokak. 2006:410-3.
- Ko WS, Kwon K, Kim KS, Kim NK, Kim YB, Kim JH, et al. Korean Medicine Otorhinolaryngology. Busan:Seonu. 2016:110-348.
- Noh SS. Color atlas of Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology 3rd edition. Seoul:Seoul printing. 2012:694-702.
- Park CU. Pharmacology. Seoul:Shinkwang. 2008:320-8.
- Faculties of Korean medical pahology in the Korean Medical Colleges. Korean Medical Pathology. Seoul:Omdbook. 2009:94-313.
- Kim TJ, Kim YM, Kim HT. Effects of Naetakcheongeum-san on Antiinflammatory Activities in RAW 264.7 cells. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2018;31(1):12-21.
- Korean pharmacology Textbook Editing Board. Korean pharmacology. Seoul: Shinilbooks. 2010:124-554.
- Heo J. Donguibogam. Hadong:Donguibogam Publisher. 2006:198-1664.
- Yun YG. Oriental medical prescription and Commentary. Seoul:Eui Seong Dang Publishing Co. 2011:411-764.
- National Korean Medicine University Textbook Editing Board. Traditional Herbology. Seoul:Younglimsa. 2008:184-644.
- Kim MS, Jeong JS, Lee HY, Ju YS, Bae GS, Seo SW, et al. The anti-inlfamamatory effect of Achyranthes japonica on lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory activity in murine macrophages. Kor. J. Herbology. 2011;26(2):51-7.
- Kim JH, Kim TJ, Kim EH, Kim YM. Inhibitory effects of Wisaengtang on Inflammatory mediators in LPS-induced RAW264.7 cells. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2019;32(3):48-57.
- Park JW, Jeong SH. Effect of Dangguisoo-san plus Yuhyangjeongtongsan( Dangguixu-san plus Ruxiangdingtongsan) in the Traffic Accidents Patients with Night Pain. J Korean Med Rehab. 2015;25(1):87-93.
- Jea HK, Ahn JH, Hwang ML, Kim SY, Jung HA. Three case of Nummular Eczema Patient Treated with Cheongshimyeonjaeum Gagambang and Soyeom Pharmacopuncture. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2019;32(2):107-19.