- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Establishment and Application of an Integrated Platform for Navigation Safety Information
항행안전정보 통합 플랫폼 구축 및 활용방안에 관한 연구
- Kim, Do-Hoon (Department of Planning and Operations, Boryeong Coast Guard Station)
- 김도훈 (보령해양경찰서 기획운영과)
- Received : 2020.01.29
- Accepted : 2020.04.27
- Published : 2020.04.30
This study recognizes problems in the current system of providing navigation safety information (NSI), which is centered on merchant ships, to prevent maritime accidents of fishing boats and small vessels in coastal areas. The system proposed in this study is an effective method of providing NSI to support the safe navigation of small vessels such as fishing boats. First, the status and characteristics of recent maritime accidents were examined, and NSI service targets were identified. Second, the limitations of the current NSI system were determined, and measures were proposed to establish an NSI Integrated Platform (NSIP) that ensures the integration, accessibility, and usability of NSI for a substantial portion of the public. Third, to utilize the NSIP, various NSIs are applied as additional information for the electronic chart system used in the e-navigation ship terminals being developed in connection with the Korean e-navigation project. Functions that set the audiovisual alarm function to automatically operate when a ship enters a navigation risk zone is proposed. These functions are technically achieved by reviewing expert opinions of related organizations and professional producers. The results of this study suggest that NSI can be applied to small vessels such as fishing boats, through the Korean e-Navigation project, to prevent maritime accidents caused by the human error of navigators.
- Act on the Investigation of and Inquiry into Marine Accidents(2019), Article 17, http://www.law.go.kr/ (Accessed: December 2019).
- Enforcement Rules of the Ship Safety Act(2019), Article 15, http://www.law.go.kr/ (Accessed: January 2020).
- Jung, C. H.(2014), A Study on the Requirement to the Fishing Vessel for Reducing the Collision Accidents, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 18-25.
- KCG(2020), Korea Coast Guard Homepage, Sea Safety Data, http://www.kcg.go.kr/ (Accessed: January 2020).
- Kim, D. H.(2019), Speed Limit Violation Warning Function in Trade Ports and Fairways - GPS Plotter and ECDIS Enhancements, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 25, No. 7, pp. 841-850.
- KMST(2019), Korean Maritime Safety Tribunal, Annual Report, http://www.kmst.go.kr/ (Accessed: January 2020).
- KRISO(2020), Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engineering, SMART-Navigation, http://www.smartnav.org/ (Accessed: January 2020).
- Lee, B. W., H. T. Kim, C. S. Yang, and Y. H. Yang(2005), Cognitive Experiment on Auditory Sounds for Integrated Ship Bridge Alarm System, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 11-16.
- Park, B. S., H. S. Kim, I. K. Kang, S. J. Ham, J. C. Kim, and I. H. Oh(2013), Study on the marine casualties in Korea, Journal of the Korean Society of Fisheries and Ocean Technology, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 29-39.
- Roh, K. S.(2014), What is a platform?, Communication Books, pp. 01-140.
- Simon, P.(2011), The Age of the Platform: How Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google Have Redefined Business. Motion Publishing, pp. 573-580.
- Song, B. H., K. H. Lee, and W. K. Choi(2018), A Study on the Advancement of the Legal System for Small Fishing Vessels to Ensure Marine Safety, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 24, No. 7, pp. 875-888.
- Yang, Y. H., C. S. Yang, I. Y. Gong, and B. W. Lee(2005), The Basic Study On the Development of Ergonomic Integrated Bridge Alarm Management System, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 17-22.