- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effects of Empowerment and Academic Resilience on Positive Psychological Capital of Nursing Students
간호대학생의 임파워먼트, 학업탄력성이 긍정심리자본에 미치는 효과
- Jung, Mi-Ra (Department of Nursing, Hanyeong College University) ;
- Jeong, Eun (Department of Nursing, Chunnam Techno University)
- Received : 2020.03.20
- Accepted : 2020.06.20
- Published : 2020.06.28
This purpose of this study was to examine relationships among empowerment, academic resilience and positive psychological capital and identify the factors that influence on positive psychological capital in the nursing students. The data were collected from 200 nursing students in the three colleges located Y and S city and 20 April 2019 to 10 May 2019. Data were analyzed by descriptive statistics, T-test, one-way ANOVA, Scheffe test, Pearson's correlation coefficient, and multiple regression using SPSS/WIN 20.0. program. Positive psychological capital in nursing students was significantly correlated with empowerment(r=.610, p<.001) and academic resilience(r=669, p<.001). The result of the multiple regression indicates the academic resilience predict 58.7%(F=19.47, p<.001) of positive psychological capital. Therefore, it is necessary to develop academic resilience increase education program for strategy positive psychological capital in nursing students.
- F. Luthans. (2002). Positive organizational behavior: Developing and managing psychological strengths. The Academy of Management Executive, 16(1), 57-75.
- S. N. Lee & J. A. Kim. (2017). Concept analysis of positive psychological capital. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 23(2), 181-190. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2017.23.2.181
- Y. M. Kim. (2016). Mediation effect of positive psychological capital between self-leadership and learning flow of nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 17(7), 112-122. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.7.112 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.7.112
- E. Jeong & M. R. Jung. (2018). Effects of positive psychological capital, academic stress and academic achievement in nursing student on grit. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(9), 309-317. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.9.309 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.9.309
- Y. M. Kim. (2017). The educational implications for positive psychological capital and psychological well-being of emotional intelligence of nursing students. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 17(7), 309-323. DOI :http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/ajmahs.2017.07.17
- I. S. Park & H. Y. Lee. (2013). The relationship of self-empowerment, academic self-efficacy, learning motivation and outcome among nursing students. Health Service Management Review, 7(4), 13-26. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.18014/hsmr.2013.7.4.13 https://doi.org/10.18014/HSMR.2013.7.4.13
- E. H. Kim. (2016). Relationships of nursing professionalism, self-leadership and empowerment of nursing students. The Journal of Korean Clinical Health Science, 4(1), 532-541. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.15205/kschs.2016.4.1.532
- Y. S. Eo. (2015). Path analysis of empowerment, social support, organizational commitment, burnout, and turnover intention among nurses. Journal of The Korean Data Analysis Society, 17(3), 1683-1697.
- I. S. Choi & Y. C. Chang. (2014). Mediating effects of intrinsic motivation on the relationship between positive psychological capital, psychological empowerment and creativity. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 15(6), 3571-3586. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3571
- J. Y. Park & N. R. Kim. (2009). A study on the development and validity of academic resilience scale for non-traditional student. The Korea Educational Review, 15(3), 215-239.
- J. I. Jin & N. C. Kim. (2017). Grit, academic resilience, and psychological well-being in nursing students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 23(2), 175-183. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2017.23.2.175
- G. O. Noh, (2017). The effects of perfectionism and academic resilience on the level of students' satisfaction with nursing major. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 23(2), 205-213. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2017.23.2.205
- S. H. Shin. (2016). The effect of academic stress and the moderating effects of academic resilience on nursing students' depression. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 22(1), 14-24. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.1.14
- D. O. Kim, H. J. Lee & A. Y. Lee. (2020). A Study on relationship among positive psychological capital, physical health status, depression, interpersonal relationship and learning flow in nursing students. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 11(1), 349-357. DOI : http://dx.doi.org10.15207/JKCS.2020.11.1.349 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2020.11.1.349
- S. E. Jeong & J. H. Han. (2019). The influence of personality characteristics, self-leadership and positive psychological capital on learning flow of nursing students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 25(4), 393-404. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2019.25.4.393
- Y. K. Kim, S. H. Kwon & H. G. Son. (2018). The influence of perceived stress, depression, and positive psychological capital on quality of life among nursing students. Journal of The Korean Data Analysis Society, 20(3), 1579-1593.
- S. Y. Lee & K. H. Lee. (2018). Convergence study of the factors affecting positive psychology capital among nursing students. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(5), 269-279. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.269 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.269
- G. M. Spreitzer. (1996). Psychological empowerment in the workplace: Dimension, measurement and validation. Academy of Management Journal, 38(5), 1442-1465. https://doi.org/10.2307/256865
- B. D. Ku. (1999). Effects to transformation leadership and paternalistic leadership on empowerment and organizational commitment. Unpublished master's thesis, Hankuk university of foreign studies, Seoul.
- F. Luthans & C. M. Youssef-Morgan. (2007). Positive organizational behavior in the workplace: The impact of hope, optimism, and resiliency. Journal of Management, 33(5), 774-800. https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206307305562
- E. Y. Jeong. (2013). The effect of psychological capital on career barriers and career maturity of high school girls. Unpublished master's thesis, Myongji University, Seoul.
- M. R. Jung & E. Jeong. (2019). Effects of empowerment and regarding standard precautions for healthcare associated infection control in nursing students experiencing clinical practice on performances. Journal of Digital Convergence, 17(1), 259-267. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2019.17.1.259 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2019.17.1.259
- H. N. Lee & J. H. Kim. (2016). The influencing factors of ego-resilience and empowerment on nursing professionalism among nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 17(8), 292-300. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.8.292 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.8.292
- K. Y. Lee & J. S. Song. (2010). The effect of psychological capital on empowerment and learning performance. Journal of the Korea Safety Management & Science, 12(4), 289-300.
- S. J. Shin & E. H. Hwang. (2018). Effects of academic resilience and interpersonal competence on the happiness of nursing students. Korean Medical Education Review, 20(3), 156-163. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.17496/kmer.2018.20.3.156 https://doi.org/10.17496/KMER.2018.20.3.156
- S. D. Kang. (2010). Human Resources Development and Colonization of Academia. Historical Criticism, 92, 43-73.
- Y. H. Seo. (2018). The causal relationship among academic resilience, covert narcissism, interpersonal competence and self-efficacy of nursing students. Journal of Oil & Applied Science, 35(4), 1156-1174. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.12925/jkocs.2018.35.4.1156 https://doi.org/10.12925/JKOCS.2018.35.4.1156
- Y. H. Choi & C. S. Jung. (2015). Relationship between self-leadership, self-efficacy and impowerment in nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 16(7), 4604-4613. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4604
- Y. J. Bae & S. Y. Park. (2014). Study on predictors of academic resilience in nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 15(3), 1615-1622.
- K. W. Seo & M. J. Kwon. (2016). Factors affecting academic resilience of nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 6(6), 229-240. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.06.26