- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation on the Expected Purification Efficiency of Air Ion and Analysis on the Generated Amount of Negative Air Ions by Plants for the Purification of Particulate Matter in Air
지표대기 미세먼지 정화를 위한 식물체 음이온 발생량 분석 및 음이온의 미세먼지 기대정화지수 평가
- Oh, Deuk-Kyun (Department of Green Environment System, Konkuk University) ;
- Ju, Jin-Hee (Department of Green Technology Convergence, College of Science and Technology, Konkuk University)
- 오득균 (건국대학교 녹색환경시스템전공) ;
- 주진희 (건국대학교 녹색기술융합학과)
- Received : 2020.03.24
- Accepted : 2020.05.20
- Published : 2020.06.30
This study analyzes the effect of negative air ions on the concentration of airborne particulate matter and evaluates the expected purification efficiency of open spaces for particulate matter by investigating the amount of negative air ions generated by plants. This study establishes a negative air ion generation treatment environment, plant environment, and control environment to measure the purification efficiency of particulate matter under the conditions of each, analyzing the expected purification efficiency by designing a particulate matter purification model. Results show that the amount of generated negative air ion according to environment was negative air ion generation treatment environment > plant environment > control environment; this order also applies to the particulate matter purification efficiency. Moreover, it took 65 min for the negative ion generation treatment environment, 90 min for the plant environment, and 240 min for the control environment to reach the standard expected purification efficiency of particulate matter concentration of 960 mg/㎥ for PM10. For PM2.5, with the designated maximum concentration of 700 mg/㎥, it took 60 min for the negative ion generation treatment environment, 80 min for the plant environment, and more than 240 min for the control environment. Based on these results, the expected purification efficiency compared to the control environment was quadrupled in the negative ion generation treatment environment and tripled in the plant environment on average.
- Hyundai Research Institute, 2019, Public perception survey on fine dust, Weekly Economic Review, 833, 19-10, Seoul, Korea.
- Ji, C. K., 2003, Effect of anion: Living books.
- Jin, S. U., 2005, Anion and Well-being, Seoul of Korea, Human of Earth.
- Kim, H. S., 2018, Yonhapnews, https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20180525110400502.
- Kim, J. H., Lee, S. H., Yoon, Y. H., 2019, evaluation of air ion according to the type of ridge in urban park -focused on Tangeumdae park in Chung, J. Eco. Env., 33(5), 587-595.
- Kim, J. H., Oh, D. K., Yoon, Y. H., 2015, Comparative analysis of negative air ion generation according to vegetation type of green space in summer : targeting to the Yangjae Citizen's Forest in Seochogu, Seoul, Urban Design, 16(6), 1598-0650.
Kim, K. J., Yoo, E. H., Seo, H. W., Ho, S. Y., Lee, J. A., Jung, H. H., 2012, Air anions emission in Cam and
$C_3$plants affected by light intensity, J. Korean Soc. People Plants Environ., 15(4) 281-285.
- Kim, W. G., Kim, S. S., You, S. H., Kil, I. H., Kwon, S. H., Lee, K. N., 2005, A Study of influences caused by far infrared and anion on human body, Kor. J. Ori. Prev. med. Soc., 9(2), 93-106.
- Lee, J. H., 2003, The effect of improving indoor air quality used anion by in door plants, J. Kor. Inst. Interior Landscape Archi., 5(1). 89-98.
- Lee, J. H., 2004, A Study of gereration by indoor plants, J. Kor. Inst. Interior Landscape Archi., 6(2), 53-66.
- Lee, J. H., Yoon, P. S., 2003, A Study on effciency and mechanism of removing indoor pollutants used anion generated by indoor plants, J. People Plants and Environment, 6(4), 81-92.
- Ministry of Environment, 2017, High level fine dust concentration manual for socially vulnerable class, Atmospheric environment policy office, Sejong, Korea.
- Ministry of Environment, 2018, Q&A of fine dust that people want to know, No. 93530, National Institute of Environmental Science, Incheon, Korea.
- National Assembly Budget Office, 2019, Analysis of fine dust response project, Government report (31-9700487-001733-01), National Assembly Budget Office, Seoul, Korea.
- Park, H. S., Shin, C. S., Yeoun, P. S., Kim, J. Y., 2014, A Comparative study on the stress recovery effect of forest therapy, J. Kor. Inst. Forest Recreation, 18(1), 13-24.
- Park, S. H., Lee, Y. B., Bea, G. Y., Kondo, M., 1998, Anion evolution in plants and its involved factors, Horti. Environ. BioTech., 39(1), 115-118. BioTech. 39(1), 115-118.
- R.D.A., 2008, Technology transfer workshop of air purification method using gardening plant, Horticultural Research Institute, Suwon.
- Wu, C. C., Lee, G. W. M., Yang, S., Yu, K. P., Lou, C. L., 2006, Influence of air humidity and the distance from the source on negative air ion concentration in indoor air, Sci. Total Envirion., 370(1), 245-253. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2006.07.020
- Zeng, S. C., Su, Z. Y., Chen, B. G., 2007, Air Negative Ion Concentrations and Their Affecting Factors in Greenbelts of Guangzhou, J. ecology., 26(7), 1049-1053.
- Zhang, Z., Yu, Y., Zhang, M., Du, Q., Chen, J., Mao, F., 2008, Negative air ion concentration and environmental factors for Mount Tianmu of Zhejiang Province. J. Zhejiang A&F Univ., 25(4), 481-485.