- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Reinforcement Effect Analysis of Aging Agricultural Reservoir using Surface Stabilizer
표층안정재를 사용한 노후 농업용 저수지의 보강효과 분석에 관한 연구
- Kim, Jae-Hong (Department of Civil Engineering, Dongshin University) ;
- Kim, You-Seong (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeonbuk National University) ;
- Cho, Dae-sung (Technology Research Center, Zian Co. ltd.)
- Received : 2020.03.11
- Accepted : 2020.06.11
- Published : 2020.06.30
In Korea, small reservoirs have been constructed for the supply of agricultural water, but most of them have been over 50 years from the year of construction. Aging agricultural reservoirs are being investigated for serious defects such as leaks and movements in slope, which are very vulnerable to safety. Accordingly, grouting methods are used to reinforce aging agricultural reservoirs in Korea. However, cement used as a grouting injection material consumes natural resources and generates a large amount of greenhouse gases during production. In addition, there is a problem that sufficient reinforcement is not made due to various factors such as the injection amount, the compounding ratio, the injection pressure, and etc. Therefore, due to these problems, the development of new materials and methods that can replace the grouting method and cement is required. In order to solve these problems, this study conducted an laboratory test on the surface stabilizer used to secure the stability of road and rail slopes. In addition, the program was analyzed and the reinforcing effect was examined when the surface stabilizer was used as reinforcement material for aging agricultural reservoir. As a result of the laboratory test, when the surface stabilizer is mixed, the increase of cohesion is possible up to 9% and there is no change in the friction angle. The results of the program analysis showed that the 1.0m reinforcement of slopes increased the factor of safety by 1.4 times, making it possible to reinforce the aging agricultural reservoir using surface stabilizers. And as a reinforcement method, it was analyzed that it is most appropriate to reinforce the slope and the bottom of slope simultaneously.
- Bhang, I. H. (2016), "A Study on the Behavior Characteristic of Composite Reinforced Earth with Improved Soil Surface and Geogrid-reinforced Backfill", Ph.D Dissertation, Jeonbuk National University.
- Hong, B. M. (2004), "Problems and Improvement Plan of Agricultural Reservoir Construction", Water and Future, Korea Water Resources Association, Vol.37, No.4, pp.29-33.
- KS F 2322 (2015), "Standard Test Methods for Permeability of Saturated Soils", Korean Standard Association.
- KS F 2343 (2017), "Standard Test Method for Direct Shear Test of Soils under Consolidated Drained Conditions", Korean Standard Association.
- Lee, S. J., Kang, H. J., Lim, H. T., Jin, J. H. and Kim, Y. S. (2019), "A Study on Application a Permeable Compacting Grout for Reservoir Impermeability Reinforcement", Proceedings of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers Conference, Vol.2019, pp.161.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (2018), "Statistical Yearbook of Land and Water Development for Agriculture 2017", Government Publications Registration Number:11-1380000-000014-10.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2011), "Dam Design Criteria in Korea".
- Park, S. Y., Shim, H. G., Kang, H. J., Lim, O. B., Sami, G. F. and Kim, Y. S. (2017), "A Study on Hybrid Grout Material for Reservoir Embankment Reinforcement", Journal of Korean Geosynthetics Society, Vol.16, No.3, pp.21-30. https://doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2017.16.3.021
- Shin, E. C. and Lee, J. K. (2012), "Safety Management Improving Way of Small Agricultural Reservoir", Journal of Korean Geosynthetics Society, Vol.11, No.3, pp.53-58. https://doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2012.11.3.053
- Song, C. S. (2019), "Analysis of Deterioration Degree for the Dam Body of Agricultural Reservoir in Chungbuk Area by Management Agency", Journal of Agricultural Science Chungbuk National University, Vol.35, No.1, pp.19-31.
- Song, S. H. and Seo, S. G. (2019), "A Study on the Application of Chemical Grouting Method for Aging Reservoir Reinforce according to the Change of Binder and using Water", Journal of the Korean Institute of Rural Architecture, Vol.21, No.4, pp.45-52.