- Volume 37 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
An Exploration for Direction of the Curriculum Development through the Analysis of Media Information Literacy Competencies and Contents
미디어정보 리터러시 역량과 교육내용 분석을 통한 교육과정 개발 방향 탐구
- Park, Juhyeon
- 박주현 (전남대학교 문헌정보학과)
- Received : 2020.05.26
- Accepted : 2020.06.22
- Published : 2020.06.30
The purpose of this study is to obtain basic information and implications for developing media information literacy curriculum by comparing and analyzing UNESCO's media and information literacy competencies and AASL's key competencies with the 2015 Revised Curriculum and the Library and Information Life curriculum. As a result of the analysis, First, UNESCO's MIL and AASL's key competencies in media information literacy were related to the competencies of the 2015 Revised Curriculum. Second, UNESCO's MIL included more aspects of the composition and competencies of information literacy than media literacy. For this reason, it could be said that media information literacy more appropriately reflects the content pursued by media literacy education than media literacy. Third, UNESCO's MIL included more training content for media literacy than information literacy. Fourth, the contents of media literacy were found to be insufficient in the Library and Information Life curriculum compared to the education contents of library and information literacy. Fifth, the competency standards related to media information literacy and Libraries and Information Life did not present cultural sensitivity competency. Based on the results of the study, It is necessary to develop a media information literacy curriculum that fuses the contents of media literacy beyond the information literacy that use library resources.
- Kang, J. S., Bae, H. S., Kim, J. Y., Park, Y. S., & Yeom J. H. (2019). A study on the improvement of citizen competencies through the operation of media literacy curriculum. Sejong: Ministry of Education.
- Ministry of Education (2015). Ministry of education notification no. 2015-74, general theory of curriculum from the elementary and secondary school and curriculum of each subject.
- Ministry of Education (2019). A plan to support internalization of school media education. Sejong: Ministry of Education.
- 국정기획자문위원회 (2017). 100대 국정과제 목록. Retrieved from http://www.korea.kr/common/download.do?tblKey=EDN&fileId=211947
- Kim, Sung-Jun (2011). A study on the development of information literacy textbook. School Library and Information Literacy, 42(3), 271-292. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.42.3.201109.271
- Kim, Yang-Eun (2005). Study for the conceptual variety of media education. Korean Journal of Communication & Information, 28, 77-110.
- Kim, Jeong-Hyen (2014). A study on the FRBR model of national bibliographic data based on RDA. Seoul: National Library of Korea.
- Min, H., Sin, M., Oh, H., Lee, J., An, J., Cho, J., & Park, J. (2019). Language and media. Seoul: Chunjae Education.
- Park, Juhyeon (2018). A study on the development of conceptualization model for reading, information, ICT, and digital literacy. Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 49(2), 267-300. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.49.2.201806.267
- Park, Juhyeon, Park, Sunghoon, & Kang, Bong-suk (2019). A study on the development of media type according to media concept and classification criteria. Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 36(3), 81-107. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2019.36.3.081
- Bang, M., An, H., Shin, S., Oh, H., Lee, Y., & Kim, T. (2019). Language and media. Seoul: Mirae-n.
- Shin, K., Kim, S., Yoo, S., Park, H., Kim, K., Ko, Y., … & Byeon, J. (2018). Media education support bill. Retrieved from http://likms.assembly.go.kr/bill/main.do
- Yoo, E., Ahn, M., Woo, S., Yoon, S., Lee, S., Jung C., … & Shim, K. (2018). A bill on activating media education. Retrieved from http://likms.assembly.go.kr/bill/main.do
- Lee, Mihwa (2013). A study on consideration in KCR4 through testing the description of content types and media types of ISBD and RDA. Journal of the Korean Library and Information Science Society, 47(3), 119-137. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2013.47.3.119 https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2013.47.3.119
- Lee, Byeong-Ki (2019). A study on the direction of ‘library and information life’ curriculum revision based on ‘2015 revised national curriculum’. Journal of the Korean Library and Information Science Society, 53(2), 49-68. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2019.53.2.049
- Li, Xiaohui, & Lee Kyoungjin (2019). A study on activation of chinese media literacy educationthrough an integrated approach. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergentwith Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 9(2), 291-300.https://doi.org/10.35873/ajmahs.2019.9.2.029 https://doi.org/10.35873/ajmahs.2019.9.12.028
- Jeong, HyeonSeon, Kim, Amie, Park, Yooshin, Jeon, Gyeongran, Lee, Jisun, & Noh, Jayeon (2016). Media literacy as 21st century key competence: Systematizing media literacy teaching and learning contents. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 16(11), 211-238. https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2016.16.11.211 https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2016.16.11.211
- Korea Library Association. School Library Curriculum Committee (2007). Library and information life curriculum standards. Seoul: Korea Library Association.
- American Association of School Librarians & Association for Educational Communications and Technology (1998). Information power: Building partnerships for learning. Chicago: ALA.
- American Association of School Librarians (2018). AASL standards framework for learners. Chicago: ALA.
- Anderson, Lorin W. et al. ed. (2001). A taxonomy for learning, teaching, and assessing: A revision of bloom's taxonomy of educational objectives. New York: Addison Wesley Longman.
- Battelle for Kids (2019). Framework for 21st century learning definitions. Retrieved from http://static.battelleforkids.org/documents/p21/P21_Framework_DefinitionsBFK.pdf
- Bloom, Benjamin S. (Ed.) (1956). Taxonomy of educational objectives, the classification of educational goals, handbook 1: Cognitive domain. New York: McKay.
- Brayan, L. (2018). Media literacy & the AASL standards. Knowledge Quest, 47(1), 39-44.
- Collins (2020). Collins online english dictionary. Retrieved from https://www.collinsdictionary.com/
- Irving S. Gilmore Music Library in Yale University Library (2020). RDA. Retrieved from https://web.library.yale.edu/cataloging/music/rda
- Kymes, A. (2011). Media literacy and information literacy: A need for collaboration and communication. Action in Teacher Education, 33, 184-193. https://doi.org/10.1080/01626620.2011.569445
- Li, Xiaohui, & Lee Kyoungjin (2019). A study on activation of chinese media literacy education through an integrated approach. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 9(2), 291-300. https://doi.org/10.35873/ajmahs.2019.9.2.029
- McLuhan, M. (1969). Understanding media. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- National Planning Advisory Committee (2017). List of top 100 national projects. Retrieved from http://www.korea.kr/common/download.do?tblKey=EDN&fileId=211947
- OECD (2010). PISA 2009 assessment framework: Key competencies in reading, mathematics and science. Paris: OECD.
- OECD (2018). Education 2030 curriculum content mapping: An analysis of the netherlands curriculum proposal. Paris: OECD.
- OECD (2019). OECD future of education and skills 2030-oecd learning compass 2030. Paris: OECD.
- Tyner, K. (1998). Literacy in a digital world: Teaching and learning in the age of information. New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum and Associates.
- UNESCO (2013). Global media and information literacy assessment framework: Country readiness and competencies. Paris: UNESCO.
- Wilson, C., Grizzle, A., Tuazon, R., Akyempong, K., & Cheung, C. K. (2011). Media and information literacy curriculum for teachers. Paris: UNESCO.
- 文部科学省 (1998). 学校図書館司書教諭講習規程の一部を改正する省令について (通知) Retrieved from https://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/shotou/dokusho/link/1327076.htm