- Volume 29 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Extreme Climate Analysis and Adaptation Research on the Response of Climate Change in the Inland Region of the Korean Peninsula - Case of Deagu Metropolitan Area -
한반도 내륙 지역의 기후 변화 대응을 위한 극한기후 분석 및 적응 방안 연구 - 대구 광역시 사례를 중심으로 -
- Yamada, Keiko (Major in Global Environment, Faculty of Environment, College of Natural Sciences, Keimyung University) ;
- Kim, Hae-Dong (Major in Global Environment, Faculty of Environment, College of Natural Sciences, Keimyung University) ;
- Kim, Eun-Ji (Department of Earth Science, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Soon-Hwan (Department of Earth Science Education, Pusan National University)
- 김해동 (계명대학교 자연과학대학 환경학부 지구환경학전공) ;
- 김은지 (부산대학교 지구과학과) ;
- 이순환 (부산대학교 지구과학교육과)
- Received : 2020.06.30
- Accepted : 2020.07.17
- Published : 2020.07.31
In order to protect the lives and property of citizens, the central and local governments are responding by enacting municipal ordinances and regulations as the frequency of extreme weather conditions due to climate change increases and intensity increases gradually. Accordingly, the basic contents and strategies of domestic and foreign policies to cope with cold and heat waves were reviewed, referring to measures suitable for application to the Daegu metropolitan area. In addition, it is intended to provide a policy alternative to Daegu metropolitan area to minimize damage from extreme weather by identifying the current status, characteristics, and future prospects of extreme weather in Daegu metropolitan area. Since the damage caused by the cold wave in Daegu area is not as great as that of other regions, it is urgent to come up with cold wave measures for the health and transportation sectors, and to come up with measures against the heat wave as the damage caused by the heat wave is the most serious in the country. Also we will identify spatial characteristics so that the districts and counties with high vulnerability to extreme weather can be identified and implemented first, and present civic life-oriented facilities and civic action guidelines to overcome cold and heat waves.
- Abair, J. W., 2008, Green buildings: What it means to be "Green" and the evolution of green building laws, Urb. Law., 623-632.
- China Meteorological Administration, 2012, http://www.cma.gov.cn/en/DisasterMitigation/HazardsAndPrevention/201203/t20120320_166805.html.
- Choi, B. J., 2020, Comprehensive countermeasures for snow and cold waves in winter 2019, J. Korean Soc. Hazard Mitig., 20, 9-17.
- Chung, J. H., Lee, Y. G., Lee, J. W., Kim, S. J., 2019, Correlation analysis between Terra/Aqua MODIS LST and air temperature: mainly on the occurrence period of heat and cold waves, J. Korean Ass. Geog. Inform. St., 22, 197-214.
- Daegu International Heat Wave Response Forum, 2017, http://www.hotdaegu.org/.
- Guan, H., Zhu, Y., 2017, Development of verification methodology for extreme weather forecasts. Weather and Forecast., 32, 479-491.
- Hayhoe, K., Sheridan, S., Kalkstein, L., Green, S., 2010, Climate change, heat waves, and mortality pronections for Chicago, J. Great Lakes Res., 36, 65-73.
- He, S., Gao, Y., Li, F., Wang, H., He, Y., 2017, Impact of Arctic oscillation on the east Asian climate: a review. Earth Sci. Rev., 164, 48-62.
- Health Canada, 2018, https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/healthy-living/your-health/environment/extreme-cold.html.
- Heo, B. Y., Song, J. W., 2012, Countermeasures on heat wave related disasters increasing due to climate change, J. Korean Soc. Hazard Mitig., 12, 171-177.
- Heo, I. H., Lee, S. H., 2006, Changes of unusual temperature events and their controlling factors in Korea, Korean Geogr. Soc., 41, 94-105.
- Jung, H. C., Yu, I. S., 2019, Establishment of cold-related health risk maps based on climate change scenarios, Korea Adaptation Ctr. Clim. Change News Lett., 2, 24-29.
- Kalkstein, L. S., Jamason, P. F., Greene, J. S., Libby, J., Robinson, L., 1996, The Philadelphia hot weather-health watch/warning system: development and application, summer 1995, Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 77, 1519-1528.
- Kang, B. J., Hong, C. E., 2018, Paradigm shift of disaster management policy -focusing on fine dust, heat waves and cold waves-, J. Pol. Dev., 18, 79, 122.
- Kim, I. G., Lee, S. W., Kim, H., Lee, D. G., 2020, Evaluating economic value of heat wave watch/warning information in Seoul and Busan in 2016: focused on a cost of heat wave action plan and sample of patients. J. Korea Cc. Assoc., 20, 525-535.
- Kim, J. H., Kim, H. D., 2017, Comparison of several heat stress indices for the 2016 heat wave in Daegu, J. Environ. Sci. Int., 26, 1399-1405.
- Kim, J. S., Kim, H. Y., 2020, Landsat 8 analysis on the characteristics of heat wave vulnerable areas using Landsat 8 data and vulnerability assessment analysis, J. Korean Assoc. Geogr. Inform. St., 23, 1-14.
- Korea Meteorological Administration, 2017, Daegu Metropolitan City Climate Change Forecast Analysis Report, Report, 11-1360000-001559-01, Seoul, Korea.
- Korea Metoeorology Administration press release, 17 Dec. 2018, http://www.kma.go.kr/notify/press/kma_list.jsp?mode=view&num=1193585.
- Kwon, S. H., Park, H. S., Chung, G. H., 2016, Analysis of snow vulnerability and adaptation policy for heavy snow, J. Korean Soc. Hazard Mitig., 16, 363-368.
- Kwon, Y. S., 2018, Estimation and countermeasure of the heat wave cause of Daegu metropolitan basin from the urban structural dimension, Korea Res. Inst. Hum. Settle., 98, 23-25.
- Lavers, D. A., Pappenberger, F., Richardson, D. S., Zsoter, E., 2016, ECMWF extreme forecast index for water vapor transport: a forecast tool for atmospheric rivers and extreme precipitation. Geophys. Res. Lett., 43.
- Lee, H. D., Min, K. H., Bae, J. H., Cha, D. H., 2020, Characteristics and comparison of 2016 and 2018 heat wave in Korea, Atmos., 30, 1-15.
- Lee, J. S., 2015, Counter attack of global warming and extreme cold wave, Natl. Disaster Man. Res. Inst, Future safety issue(4), 11-1750140-000062-14, Ulsan, Korea.
- Lee, S. H., Park, M. H., Kim, H. D., 2008, Study on the variation of nighttime cooling rate associated with urbanization, J. Korean Soc. Atmos. Environ., 24, 83-90.
- Ng, C. F. S, Boeckmann, M., Ueda, K., Zeeb, H., Nitta, H., Watanabe, C., Honda, Y., 2016, Heat-related mortality: effect modification and adaptation in Japan from 1972 to 2010, Global Environ. Change, 39, 234-243.
- Park, M. H., Jung, W. S., Kim, H. D., 2011, A Study on urban environmental climate mapping method for sustainable urban planning in Daegu, J. Environ. Sci. Int., 20, 465-482.
- Park, M. H., Kim, H. D., 2010, Cool island intensity in a large urban green in downtown Daegu: Seasonal variation and relationship to atmospheric condition, J. Environ. Sci. Int., 19, 81-87.
- Public Health England, 2018, The cold weather plan for England protecting health and reducing harm from cold weather, Guidance, 2018518, London, United Kingdom.
- Seoul Quality Inspection Office, 2016, Development of materials and technologies for road pavement for heat and waterproofing(1), 51-6110000-001546-01, Seoul, Korea.
- Woo, G. M., 2019, Analysis of heat related illness surveillance in 2018, Korea Cen. Dis. Cont. Prev., Brief report, 1, Cheongju, Korea.
- Yoon, I. T., 2013, , A Study on extreme temperature disaster management, Natl. Disaster Man. Res. Inst, Report, 11-1312184-000062-01, Ulsan, Korea.