- Volume 11 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Phenomenological Study on Multicultural Adolescents' Family Reconstruction and Maladaptation
중도입국 다문화청소년의 가족재구성과 부적응에 대한 현상학적 연구
- Kim, Min-Kyeong (Division of Child Welfare, Namseoul University)
- 김민경 (남서울대학교 아동복지학과)
- Received : 2020.09.01
- Accepted : 2020.10.20
- Published : 2020.10.28
The purpose of this study is multicultural adolescents' family reconstruction and maladaptation. Six multicultural adolescents living in Seoul, Gyeonggido, Chungchungdo, Jeolado were selected for the in-depth interview. Data were collected from August to December, 2019. This research is Giorgi's phenomenological method. The results provided 10 themes on the essential structure of experience and 4 theme clusters. The final 10 themes were unintentional choice: immigration, unfamiliar family relationship forming, unacceptable dissatisfaction and anger, absence of belonging and promising, missing homeland, keeping close relationship with old friends, difficulty of learning, following Korea culture, identity crisis and wandering, difficulty in adaptation : addiction to games and misdemeanour. Therefore, it is suggested to announce importance of family meaning and adaptation in Korea society.
- K. M. Yang & H. Y, Jo, (2012). The Exploratory Study of Psycho-Social Adjustment of Immigrant Youth in Korea. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 19(11), 195-214.
- S. J. Lee & H. J. Kim. (2016). A Phenomenological Study on Family Experience of Immigrant Youth Who were Born and Raised in Their Native Countries. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 23(5), 205-235.
- B. C. Lee & D. Y. Song. (2011). A Qualitative Study on the School Adaptation of Multicultural Family Youth from Accompanied Entry. Korean Journal of Social Welfare, 63(4), 131-154.
- S. H. Park & J. H. Yu. (2017). The Effects of Multicultural Experience on Empathy in Adolescents: Focused on Mediating Effect of Multicultural Acceptance and Cultural Empathy. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(4), 499-510.
- S. J. Kim & C. H. Hong. (2017). The Effect of Discrimination experience and Language Problems on Psychosocial Adjustment in Children with Multi-cultural Family : The Moderating Effect of Ego-resilience and Family Strengths. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 24(1), 195-211.
- Y. J. Park. (2016). Study of Issues and Alternatives for Multicultural education in Korea. Multicultural Contents Research, 21, 297-322.
- K. M. Yang & H. Y, Jo. (2012). A Exploring Study on the Educational Situation and Career Expectation of Youth Migrants in Korea. Journal of Youth Welfare, 14(3), 141-168.
- S. W. Park & H. J. Woo. (2013). How Multicultural Youths Become Koreans: A Grounded Theory on the Adaptation of Immigrant Students. Theory and Society, 2013 Fall/Winter, 211-304.
- M. Y. Um. (2013). Descriptive Qualitative Study on the Factors Affecting the Adaptation of Rejoined Children of Multi-cultural Family. Korean Journal of Family Welfare, 42, 39-82.
- J. B. Kim & S. H. Park. (2017). A Study on School Maladjustment of Adolescents in Multicultural Families: Focusing on the longitudinal mediation effect of ego resilience. Multicultural Youth Panel Conference Resources, 3-26.
- K. A. Tyler, L. B. Whitbeck, D. R. Hoyt & A. M. Cauce. (2001). Risk Factors for Sexual Victimization among Male and Female Homeless and Runaway Youth. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 30(3), 503-520.
- M. K. Kim. (2020). A Phenomenological Study on Multicultural Adolescents' Career Preparation Out of School. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 11(6), 249-258. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2020.11.6.249
- B. H. Nam & J. N. Kim. (2017). A Qualitative Study on the Acculturation Process of Ethnic Korean Adolescents from Uzbekistan. Journal of Region & Culture, 4(1), 63-90.
- A. Giorgi. (1997). The Theory, Practice, and Evaluation of Phenomenological method as a qualitive research procedure. Journal of Phenomenological Psychology, 28, 235-260.
- Y. S. Lincoln & E. G. Guba. (1985). Naturalistic Inquiry. Newbury Park CA: Sage.