- Volume 58 Issue 6
The meaning of Temporomandibular Joint Day Inauguration and the Role of Dentists
턱관절의 날 제정 의의와 치과의사의 역할
- Lee, Sang-Goo (Seoul Mai Dental Clinic)
- 이상구 (서울메이치과의원)
- Published : 2020.05.31
The Korean Academy of Orofacial Pain and Oral Medicine inaugurated Temporomandibular Joint Day in November 9th, 2018 and aimed to emphasize the importance of the temporomandibular joint in maintaining overall orofacial health and celebrates the benefits of proper treatment of its related disorders including temporomandibular disorders to raise awareness of the public on significant temporomandibular joint-related conditions. Three essential statements were made on this memorable day as below: 1) Dentists of Korea are responsible of maintaining a healthy status of the temporomandibular joint of the people. 2) Dentists of Korea strive for the research and management of temporomandibular joint related conditions 3) November 9th is annually celebrated as the Temporomandibular Joint Day in Korea.
- The American Academy of Orofacial Pain, Orofacial Pain: guidelines for assessment, diagnosis, and management, fifth edition Quintessence Publishing Co Inc, 2013:129-130.
- The American Academy of Orofacial Pain, Orofacial Pain: guidelines for assessment, diagnosis, and management, fifth edition Quintessence Publishing Co Inc, 2013:130.
- 정성창, 김영구. 구강안면통증과 측두하악장애 신흥인터내셔널 1996;8.
- 정성창, 김영구. 구강안면통증과 측두하악장애 신흥인터내셔널 1996;9.
- Rugh JD, Solberg WK. Oral health status in the United States. Temporomandibular disorders. J Dent Educ 1985;49:398-404. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.0022-0337.1985.49.6.tb01899.x
- Dworkin SF, Le Resche L. Temporomandibular disorders pain: Epidemiologic data. APS Bulletin April/May 1993:12.
- Schiffman E, Fricton JR, Haley D, Shapiro BL. The prevalence and treatment needs of subjects with temporomandibular disorders. J Am Dent Assoc 1989:120:295-304.
- Greene CS, Marbach JJ. Epidemiology of sign and symptoms in temporomandibular dysfunction: A Critical review. J Prosthet Dent Res 1982;48:184-190. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(82)90110-X
- Dworkin SF, Hoggins KH, LeResche L, et al. Epidemiology of sings and symptoms in temporomandibular disorders: Clinical signs in cases and controls. J Am Dent Assoc 1990;120:273-281. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.1990.0043
- De Kanter RJ, Kayser AF, Battistuzzi PG, Truin GJ, Van'T Hof MA. Demand and need for treatment of craniomandibular dysfunction in the Dutch adult population. J Dent Res. 1992;71:1607-1612. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345920710091201
- 이상구. 국민건강보험 빅 데이터를 통해 본 턱관절 장애 환자의 진료 현황에 대한 고찰 - 노인 환자에서의 변화를 중심으로. Journal of The Korean Academy of Geriatirc Dentistry. Vol.15, No.1, 2019;12-18.
- 대한안면통증구강내과학회 편저. 구강안면통증과 측두하악장애 Dental Wisdom 2016;5-6.
- Gary D. Klasser. Oral appliances in the management of temporomandibular disorders. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology Volume 107, Issue 2, February 2009:212-223. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tripleo.2008.10.007