Go to the main menu
Skip to content
Go to bottom
REFERENCE LINKING PLATFORM OF KOREA S&T JOURNALS
> Journal Vol & Issue
Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education
Journal Basic Information
Journal DOI :
The Korean Association for Research In Science Education
Editor in Chief :
Volume & Issues
Volume 7, Issue 2 - Dec 1987
Volume 7, Issue 1 - Jun 1987
Selecting the target year
An Analysis and Survey on the Status of the Korean Middle School Science Curriculum(II): Students' Cognitive Level and their Achievement
Kwon, Jae-Sool ; Choi, Byung-Soon ; Hur, Myung ;
Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education, volume 7, issue 2, 1987, Pages 1~14
To examine the effect of students' Cognitive level upon their achievement on Science. the students' cognitive levels were tested by using GALT(Group Assessment of Logical Thinking) and examined the Correlation between the cognitive level and achievement According to the results, most students were still in the conerete level. Only 60% of 9th grade students could handle the logic of displacement volume. In case of proportional logic and logic of probability, only 40% of 9th graders could handle them. Only 10% of the students could understand Correlational logic. Cognitive level and students achievement were estimated to be in a very closely related. Students who were in a high cognitive level showed better achievement scores on knowledge, comprehensive, inquiry, and application items than those who were in low cognitive level. Therefore, this study suggests that the content of the current middle school science should be revised in away to match the students' cognitive level.
A Study on Research Trends of Korean Academic Societies Related to Science Education
Kim, Young-Min ; Oh, Jong-Sil ; Han, Yong-Sul ;
Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education, volume 7, issue 2, 1987, Pages 15~20
This study was undertaken to analyze the research trends of Academic Societies related to science education in Korea. In this study ten areas such as historical change of science education, processes of science learning, science curriculum, science instructional method, teaching-learning materials and equipment for science education, evaluation on science education, survey on Korean science education, policy and management of science education, natural science, and etc were chosen by the criteria for the analysis. All research papers in "Phisics teaching" published from 1982 to 1986, "Chemical education" from 1974 to 1986, "Biology education" from 1977 to 1982, "the Journal of Korean earth science society" from 1979 to 1986, and "Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education" from 1978 to 1986 were analyzed. The findings of the study are as follows: 1. About 41% of all research papers are about science curriculum and science instructional method. 2. There are few research stuaies on teaching-learning materials and equipment for science education. processes of science learning. historical change of science education.
Experimental Model for the Biology Curriculum in Junior and Senior High School Using Cells and Animals 1. Sampling and classification of protists
Ahn, Tae-In ; Chung, Hae-Moon ; Kim, Hyun-Chung ; Choi, Ji-Young ;
Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education, volume 7, issue 2, 1987, Pages 21~35
Polyurethane foam was utilized to collect protists from the 2 ponds in Seoul National University and another pond in vicinity of Paldang Dam. The identified protists were 4 species in Cyanophyta, 2 species in Euglenophyta, 19 species in Chrysophyta, 9 species in Chlorophyta, 2 species in Ciliophora, and 3 species in Sarcodian. To test the adoptability of the sampling method for classes in junior and senior high school, frequency of the 25 protists in each observation and in each preparation were calculated. The families which were present at high frequencies were Naviculaceae. Fragilariaceae, Cymbellaceae and Coelastraceae. In an experimental application of the 40 pictures taken from the samples, students in junior classes recognized the protists by their outer morphology, internal structure. color, and colonial types, in decreasing order. Use of the collecting method and the applicability of protists for teaching biology were discussed.
Comparison & Analysis of Algorithms in BASIC
Kang, Seong-Mo ;
Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education, volume 7, issue 2, 1987, Pages 37~43
Computer in one of the most tremendous achievements of the modern scientific technique. Not only in government, business, research and education but in our daily life. computers are widely utilized to assist in solving various problems. With increasing frequency, it is recognized that a right understanding of the computer is necessary: naturally, this recognition places a great emphasis on the computer education. In Korea computer is chosen either as an optional subject or as a kind of group activity in many schools. It is the purpose of this study to compare and analyze the internal sorting algorithms which are used frequently in data processing. and to present the results of program analysis. which will make it possible to choose the appropriate sorting algorithm for each data processing. Generally the algorithms are coded in a language appropriate for structured programming. like PASCAL: however, here the algorithms are expressed in BASIC which is widely used with the personal computers so that the students and the teachers may understand them easily.
A Study of the Development and Using of Teaching Materials for Biology in Japan
Park, In-Keun ;
Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education, volume 7, issue 2, 1987, Pages 45~59
The purpose of the present study is to show the way to develop and use the teaching materials for biology in Japan. This study was mainly carried out in documents. The following suggestions should be taken in moderate consideration: 1. Private enterprises as well as the government make heavy investments and careful considerations for the promotion of the science education including biology education. 2. Among in-service teachers one or two volunteer(s) chosen for special training course managed by the local education center are cultivated as excellent teachers on the development and using of teaching materials through an intensive study and training for six months or twelve months. 3. Most research groups consist of specialists in every field and they carry out studying the development of teaching materials in biology.
A Network Analysis of the Middle School Student's Conceptions about the Force and Motion
Park, Soung-Shik ; Pak, Sung-Jae ;
Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education, volume 7, issue 2, 1987, Pages 61~70
This paper was made for the purpose of examining middle school student's conception about force and motion. Using questionaire method. this research was executed to 180 students at a middle school in Seoul. Questions were as following; 3 questions about relation of the direction of force and that of motion in case of throwing a ball up, 2 questions about parabolic motion. 1 question about inertia. and 1 question about action and reaction. The way of answering was both selecting and explaining the students' thought about questions. Network analysis was used for analyzing students' various responses. Through the analysis. some types of students' thought were revealed. As a result the representation of their response was motion implies force which had been discovered by earlier researchers. Even though students had learned about force and motion in the classroom. their ideas were unchanged or even reinforced wrongly in some case.
A Comparative Study on the Status of High School Science Education
Lee, Moo ; Pak, Sung-Jae ;
Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education, volume 7, issue 2, 1987, Pages 71~87
The purpose of this study is to compare the status of high school science education in 1982 and 1986. The same questionaire was used for the survey of high school science education which was developed by Yu in 1982. The questionaires were responded by the principals. science head teachers. science teachers and students. The major findings are as followings: 1. The perception for the importance of science education has been declined. 2. The support for sciene science education has been reduced. 3. The entrance exanination for university or college is the serious bottleneck of high school science education. 4. It is very hard for science teachers to teach science as inquiry through the true experiment under the current situation of high school science education.
Brief Discussions On The Scientific Creationism Critiques
Yang, Seung-Hun ;
Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education, volume 7, issue 2, 1987, Pages 89~95
Historically, one of the most famous and endless controversies in science and science education is on the origin of life. Since 1859, when the 1st edition of 'On The Origin Of Species' written by Charles Darwin had been published in London. evolutionism had the support of the public and scholars Creationists. however, argue recently that the scientific creationism is supported by the vast geological, biological, palaeontological biochemical and even astronomical evidences. Strong arguments of creationists stirred up the sharpening critiques of evolutionists. In this paper. the author summarizes three recent evolutionary critiques on creationism and refutes them from creationist view. After examing the critiques. we find that they are not based on the decisive evolutionary evidences but considerable conjectures And we show that the majority of critiques stem from the lack of communication in the academic communities.
과학영재의 창의성 계발을 위한 풍요화 교육과정 개발활용
Ryu, Sam-Ryeol ;
Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education, volume 7, issue 2, 1987, Pages 97~104