Go to the main menu
Skip to content
Go to bottom
REFERENCE LINKING PLATFORM OF KOREA S&T JOURNALS
> Journal Vol & Issue
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Journal Basic Information
Journal DOI :
The Society Of Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Editor in Chief :
Volume & Issues
Volume 11, Issue 2 - 00 1999
Volume 11, Issue 1 - 00 1999
Selecting the target year
The Morpho-Imaganary Viewpoints of Lee Je-ma and the Morpho-Imaganary recognitions of Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Song, Il-byung ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 1~13
Lee Je-ma created Sasang Constitutional Medicine from the insight of different congenital formation of Viscera which was based on his own Morpho-Imaganary recognition of human beings. The basic principles to understand human beings are as follows. The first, human beings are morphologically figured based on the human nature. The Second, Morpho-lmaganary recognition was the understanding to all the things including human with the rule of society and the relationships. affairs-mind-body-objects. The Morpho-Imaganary characteristics of Sasang Constitutional Medicine are as follows. The first, Sasang Constitutional Medicine recognize the symptoms and diseases as the aspect of structure and function at the same time. The second, it recognize the symptoms and diseases with the viewpoint of Change.
The Study of Lee Je-ma's Sasang Philosophy
Lee, Eui-ju ; Song, Il-byung ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 15~23
Lee Je-ma define the Mind as Taigi(太極), the mind(or wisdom) and the body(or action) as Liangyi(兩儀), the affair-mind-body-object as Sasang(四象). Sasang(四象) is the method, obtained through combining two different paradigm, by which we can explain existence and phenomenon. The aim of Lee Je-ma's thought is the Wisdom and Action, in other words, the Adjusting Myself through the Wisdom and Action.
Studies on the medical histological point of view of Lee Je-ma's "Hyung Sang"
Ha, Mahn-soo ; Song, Il-byung ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 25~40
View of Lee Je-ma's "Hyung Sang" is one of the methods of classification of Constitution. In this study, I studied the "Hyung Sang" as medical histologically, and get the results as follow; 1. "The book of changes" is classified to the sciences of divination of "Sang-Soo", which is consisted with "Sang (image)" and "Soo (number)", and "Wae-Ri", which explained the meaning of a divination sign as "nature" or virtue of divination sign. 2. Lee Je-ma is accepted the concepts of science of divination of "Wae-Ri" based on Confucianism in the discription of "The book of changes". And also he established the new "Sasang Constitutional Medicine" theory based on the "Joung-Young". 3. "The book of changes" is discribed phenomena as "Sang" and "Soo" involving "Three elements", which are heaven, earth, and individual, and "Yin-Yang". Lee Je-ma accepted the concept of "Sang" in science of divination of "Sang-Soo" and established the "Four elements", which are affairs, mind, body, and objects, constituting "Three elements". 4. In the method of "Sasang" type classifying, Lee Je-ma used "Four elements", which attach importance to structure and function of human body rather than "Yin-Yang", which explain relatively.
The study on the structure of the Lee Je-ma's viewpoint of Morpho-Image
Lee, Jun-hee ; Koh, Byung-hee ; Song, Il-byung ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 41~61
The purpose of this article is to investigate Lee Je-rna'os viewpoint of Morpho-Image. In the first place, I will define the viewpoint of Morpho-Image as the the structure of recognition and study it through bibliographic study on Lee Je-ma's work. The conclusions summarized as follows; 1. The structure of recognition, represented in "Gyukchigo(格致藁)" "Dongyi Soose Bowon Sasang Chobonkyon(東醫壽世保元四象草本卷)", is based on Taigi(太極), Liangyi(兩儀), Sasang(四象). There are the mind of Taigi(太極), the mind of Liangyi(兩儀) separated from Taigi(太極), the mind of Sasang(四象) separated from Liangyi(兩儀). The mind of Taigi(太極) is the mind of center, the mind of Liangyi(兩儀) is the mind of the mind and body(or the wisdom and action). Two axis, the mind(or wisdom) and the body(or action), cross and make Sasang(四象), affair-mind-body-object which classifies all affairs and objects of humans, society, and the universe as four types. 2. Lee Je-ma summarized everything in view of Sasang(四象), Sasang(四象) in view of Liangyi(兩儀), Liangyi(兩儀) in view of Taigi(太極). 3. The procedure of recognition above is described in
. Such is transformed in terms of human body and described in
A bibliographical research of the 『Dongyi Suse Bowon Sasang ChobonGuen』
Lee, Su-kyung ; Song, Il-byung ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 63~77
This research was intended to make the writer and the written times of "Dongyi Suse Bowon Sasang ChobonGuen" clear. Considering the contents of "Dongyi Suse Bowon Sasang ChobonGuen", it was the manuscripts of "Dongyi Suse Bowon". So it was written by Lee Je-ma and it was written when he was in the late of 40s and the beginning of the 50s. The chapter of "The origin of human being" was the manuscript of the "Dongyi Suse Bowon" and it had many clues to understand the view points to recoginze the human being, and the chapter of "The herbology and The prescription" had many drafts of original prescription of the "Dongyi Suse Bowon". 'Bangang-tang' is the original prescription of 'GyejiBanhaSnggang-tang' of "Dongyi Suse Bowon" and 'GumiChyunMunDong-tang' is the original prescription of 'CheongsimYeonja-tang' of "Dongyi Suse Bowon". Compared with the 'The pharmacology' of "Dongyi Suse Bowon", it showed the order when the pharmacology of each constitution was completed. The pharmacology of Soyangin was completed the early ears of his c1inical experience, and secondly that of Taeumin was completed, and that of Soeumin was completed in the end.
A Study on the Cold and Heat Syndromes in Dongyi-Soose-Bowon
Lee, Kyung-ro ; Kim, Kyung-yoo ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 79~102
1. Purpose : This studied Cold and Heat syndromes about Four-form Constitutional Physicalogy. It is for help the comprehension, diagnosis and treatment of physicalogy and pathology about each type. 2. Method : I studied the conception of Cold and Heat sydrome in the existing Oriental Medicine before Constitutinal Medicine, through a few symptoms(constipation, diarrhea, sweat, urine, vomiting) and physicalogy, pathology in Dongyi-Soose-Bowon. 3. Results & Conclusion : In the viewpoint of Pathological Disease and a Chapter Name, Shaoyin has the Exterior-Febrile and Interior-Cold Disease, as the constitutional primary cause of the Interior-Cold Disease, Shaoyang has the Exterior-Cold and Interior-Febrile Disease, as the Interior-Febrile Disease, accoreing to the process of the promote incomings and outgoings of food stuffs of the Spleen and Kidney. By the way, Taiyin is classified into 'One who had had the Cold Disease Primarily and the Febrile', Taiyang has the nature of 'No Cold, No Heat' that is not tendency to The Cold or Heat sydromes, according to promote the respiration of air and fluid of the Liver and Lung. In the viewpoint of a few symptoms(constipation, diarrhea, sweat, urine, vomiting), we are known that cold and heat connception of the each symptome is fixed, according to nature of cold and heat in each type. These express the methood of 'constitutional demonstration'.
Analysis of Inter-Questionnaire Agreement in Determining Sasang Constitution
Park, Seong-sik ; Park, Eun-kyung ; Choi, Jae-young ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 103~117
1. Background and Purpose : Sasang Constitutional medicine is baon dividing individuals' constitutions into four categories. Determination of an individual's constitution, however, can be different according to who he or she consults with since it depends solely on the examiner's own perception and methods. Currently, the use of self-reporting questionnaires is accepted as a general approach in clinical settings, but the results of different questionnaires tend to be inconsistent. In this study, we investigated how different the results of the questionnaires are and what the inter-questionnaires agreement is. 2. Method : 1595 peoples who volunteered our research from 1997 to 1999 and were evaluated disease free were asked to mark out three questionnaires: Sasang Pattern Identification Questionnaire, QSCC I and QSCCII(QSCC I was completed by 348 patients only). 3. Results and Conclusions : Three questionnaires above produced different results as excepted. In Sasang Pattern Identification Questionnaire, the Soeumin accounted for 55.9%. With the modified version of Sasang Pattern Identification Questionnaire, the Taeumin was the majoriy(39.1 %) and, QSCCII also showed similar results(34.8% of Taeumin). In contrast, the QSCC I revealed the majority consisted of the Soyangin (59.1 %). In terms of analysis on inter-questionnaire agreement, Sasang Pattern Identification Questionnaire and its modified version showed the highest agreement of 66.3, followed by 55.6% of QSCCII and the modified version from Sasang Pattern Identification Questionnaire. Therefore, we concluded that the ideal choice to determine an individual's constitution, as far as questionnaires go, is to take results from both the modified version from Sasang Pattern Identification Questionnaire and QSCCII. We found the use of QSCC I can be confusing to reach a satisfactory agreement.
A CLINICAL STUDY OF THE TYPE OF DISEASE AND SYMPTOM ACCORDING TO SASANG CONSTITUTION CLASSIFICATION
Kim, Young-woo ; Kim, jing-weon ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 119~135
The object of this study is 196 patients who had been treated in the Oriental Medical Hospital at Dong Eui Medical Center during 33 months from January 1996,3 to June 1998,11. We proceeded the judgment of Sasang Constitution by 'Questionnaire of Sasang Constitution Classification(I)' and 'Questionnaire of Sasang Constitution Classification II(QSCCII)'. The following conclusion were made in comparison with Sasang Constitution and Questionnaire about disease and style of symptoms. 1. The subject of "increase of the weight of a body(gain weight), sweatier, the body swelled out, a lame pain, more like fat food, more like salty food", has significant differences in sasang constitution classification. The frequency of Taeeum group is more than that of Soeum group and Soyang group. 2. The subject of "the complextion is bas, uncomfortable feeling in the throat, insomnia, loss of appetite, apt to be fatigued easily, gastralgia what is not connected with food, diarrhea, headache, menorrhalgia, less like fat food, more like fresh food", has significant differences in sasang constitution classification. The frequency of Soeum group is more than that of Taeeum group and Soyang group. 3. It has not significant differences, but the frequency of Soyang group is more than that of Taeeum group and Soeum group in the subject of "the cough in the disease of the respiratory organs, hypomotility of the joint in the disease of the musculo-skeletal systems, menoxenia like menorrhagia and menostaxia and itching sensation of genitals in the disease of the gynecological organs, itching or boil in the dermatological disease", and fewer in the cardio-vascular disease, urinary disease and hematic disease. The frequency of Soeum group is more than that of Taeeum group and Soyang group in the subject of "the general disease of the digestive organs, uncomfortable feeling or pain of the throat in the disease of the respiratory organs, the general hematic disease, numbness or pain of the musculo-skeletal disease, psychical disease in the psychoneurotical disease, menorrhalgia, a lump of the breasts, leukorrhea in the gynecological disease, eruption or urticaria in the dermatological disease, the general visual and auditory disease". The frequency of Taeeum group is more than that of Soyang group and Soeum group in the subject of "a hoarseness in the disease of the respiratory organs, A lame pain of the musculo-skeletal disease, neurotical disease in the psychoneurotical disease, eruption or urticaria in the dermatological disease", and fewer in the the gynecological disease.
An Study on the Correlation between Sound Characteristics and Sasang Constitution by CSL
Shin, Mi-ran ; Kim, Dal-lae ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 137~157
The purpose of this study is to help classifying Sasang Constitution through correlation with sound characteristic. This study was done it under the suppose that Sasang Constitution has correlation with sound spectrogram. The following result were obtained about correlation between sound spectrogram and Sasang Constitution by comparison and analysis 1. Soeumin answered his voice low tone, smooth and quiet in the survey. Soyangin answered his voice high, clear, fast and speaking random. Taeumin answered his voice low, thick and muddy. 2. Taeyangin was significantly slow compared with the others in the time of reading composition. Taeyangin was significantly slow compared with the others in Formant frequency 1. Taeyangin was significantly discriminated from Soeumin in Formant frequency 5. Taeyangin was significantly low compared with the others in Bandwidth 2. Soeumln was significantly low compared with Taeyangin in Pitch Maximum and Pitch Maximum-Pitch Minimum. Taeyangin was significantly high compared with the others in Energy mean. 3. In list of specification, the discrimination rate was higher than that by lists of 13 in the results of Multi-dimensional 4-class minimum-distance. The discrimination rate of three disposition except Soyangin was higher than that of four disposition in the results of One way ANOVA and Analysis of dis crimination in SPSS/PC+. In CART, the estimate rate of Sasang Constitution discrimination was higher than any other method. It is considered that there is a correlation between sound spectrogram and Sasang constitution according to the results. And method of Sasang constitution classification through sound spectrogram analysis can be one method as assistant for the objectification of Sasang constitution classification.
Statistical Study on Heredity in SaSang Constitutional Medicine
Kim, Dae-yun ; Lee, Jae-won ; Kim, Dal-rai ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 159~168
Purpose : Sasang Constitutional Medicine explains the pathology peculiar to constitution and suggests treatment for each constitution. In Sasang Constitutional Medicine hwnan beings are classified on four groups; Taeyangin, Taeumin, 5oyangin, Soeumin. These four constitution has their's own symptoms and treatments. In treatment, control of mind inclination, that is to say, moderation takes a very important role. But the study on heredity in Sasang Constitutional Medicine has not done not biological study but also statistical study. So we used several statistical methods and analyzed 163 samples. Methods : We implemented Fishers exact test for adjusting chi-squared test, kappa coefficient to estimate agreement of parent's and children's constitutions, and finally plotted bi-plot using correspondence analysis. Results : From Fisher's exact test result, we could know that parent's and children'S constitution's distribution had significant difference. In kappa coefficient, mother and daughter's estimated value produced highest result. In correspondence analysis we only plotted the case of mother and son for easy interpretation. Conclusion : In the study of heredity of SaSang constitution, we cannot know exactly the heredity of constitution in terms of biology or genetics. But this research can be helpful for further analysis, that is, a study of biological or genetical aspects. And we could conclude that in statistical aspects the heredity in SaSang constitution is meaningful.
Study on Sasang Constitution by Genetic Analysis Using Four Short Tandem Repeat Loci
Kim, Min-hee ; Kim, Kyung-seok ; Chi, Sang-en ; Choi, Sun-mi ; Cho, Dong-wuk ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 169~183
This study was carried out for the objectification and clinical application of the Sasang Constitutional Medicine(四象醫學). So, the Taeum Soyang, Soum groups were classified by diagnostic rules of Sasang constitution, and investigated by Amp-FLP method far genetic difference. The Amp-FLP was one of the most frequently used human genetic analysis methods which adopts STR typing. In this study, 100 genomic DNA samples of Taeum, Soyang, Soum constitution group were analysed by Amp-FLP method. Allele frequencies of four tetrameric short tandem repeat(STR) loci(TPOX, LPL, D21744, and D13S317) were determined in Taeum, Soyang, Soum groups. The heterozygosities and the polymorphism information content(PIC) values of forur STR loci were 0.812 and 0.789 in D3S1744, 0.811 in D13S317, 0.466 and 0.417 in LPL, and 0.625 and 0.561 in TPOX, respectively. The allele distribution of four STR loci was statistically evaluated. It was found out that the allele distribution of four STR loci was not significantly different among different constitutions. But all loci were found to be highly polymorphic in Taeum, Soyang, Soum groups. It was found out in this study that Taeum, Soum groups are genetically more related each other than they are related to Soyang groups.
A study on the Associations between life style of Obese Patients and Sasang Constitutions
Kim, Eun-young ; Kim, Jong-won ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 185~199
Purpose Obesity goes on increasing rapidly because of the change of dietary life, various stresses and convenience of life, that cause heart disease, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, fatty liver, arteriosclerosis these days. As obesity is disease, I think there will be constitution to easily become obese, so I began to study this. Methods (1) Subjects The subjects of this study were 101 female patients visited Nara oriental medical hospital during 2months from April 1 to May 30 in 1999. (2) I determined finally classification of sasang constitution according to diagnosis and questions made in Nara oriental medical hospital. Results (1) 81.2% of obese patients are Taeumin, 15.8% of those are Soeumin, 3% of those are Soyangin. (2) Soeumin has significant difference that it takes over 30 minutes to have a meal. (3) Significant difference is that Soeumin goes to bed earlier in the evening than Taeumin and Soyangin. (4) From obesity of whole body point of view, Taeumin has more significant and from obesity of abdomen and leg point of view, Soeumin has more significant difference.
A Study about modification of Gejitang that showed on sympton and prescription about Soumin
Kim, Jeong-hee ; Song, Jeong-mo ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 201~220
We got these results after studying about modification of Gejitang(桂枝湯) that showed on sympton and prescription about Soumin(少陰人). 1. There are totally eleven prescriptions related to Gejitang appeared on Dongyi-Soose-Bowon(東醫壽世保元). Among them, one is prescription of Danguisayoktang(當歸四逆湯) in prescription of Discussion of Cold Induced Disorder(傷寒論) and another is Gejibujatang(桂枝附子湯) in Won-Myung dynasty period(元明時代). There are nine prescriptions in LeeJae-Ma(李濟馬)'s pre-scription and we can see there are many prescriptions used prescriptions related to Gejitang for Mang Yang(亡陽). 2. Pre-scriptions related to Gejitang has seven prescriptions in Extra-disease(表病證), and two prescriptions in Intra-disease(裏病證) which are analyzed as modified prescription from Gejitang. 3. Although 藿香正氣散, 香蘇散, 芎歸香蘇散, 八物君子湯 etc. are not modified prescriptions of Gejitang, We can see that its are brought up to be on the same with alternative remedy of Gejitang in each step of symptoms. 4. Symptoms are exactly classified in Soumin, the prescription which is used in different symptoms of diseases is similar in raw materials. It's because the remedy of Acending and Descending(升降) is used under the same purpose that maintain Yangnan Qi(陽暖之氣). 5. We could realize that Panax gienseng(人蔘), Cinnamomum Cassia(肉桂) and Aconitum Carrnichali(附子) are commonly important to reinforce Yangnan Qi because the more disease got worse, the more patient lost Yangnan Qi on both Extra-disease and Intra-disease in the Soumin's disease.
The Bibliographical investigation of the mallow, hollyhock, darkpull, sunflower
Kim, Jong-dug ; Koh, Byung-hee ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 221~240
1. Purpose of study In the medical science of 'Sasang', a constitutional examination(diagnosis) and a medical treatment are important however a dietary cure is considered as very important at the medical prevention and treatment. But there has been a confusion due to the different view concerning the constitutional foods in between scholars. There it is necessary for us to bring up the theoretical basis of the 'Sasang' constitutional - dietary cure by means of the bibliographical study in relation to a historic, characteristics, efficiency of the major foods. A mellow as called "Baekchejiju" has been used as a source of adding food materials when we make a boiling soup, which is only in Korea but not other countries case. We also studied a hollyhock, a 'Darkpull', a sunflower together with a mellow, because these plants contains a similar characteristics and same chinese word of 'Gue' at their name. At this study we would like to bring up the basis correcting the evil of the misinterpretation to be translated 'Gue' into 'Sunflower', which would be helpful to the current academic circles studied very rarely for the introduction process of sunflower. 2. Method of study We did a comparative study based on not only 'Bonchoseo - original plants book' but also agricultural books, boos of the same kinds and private books. 3. Result of study 1) A mellow has been changed its inscribed name from 'Abushil' to 'A-uk', to 'A-ok', to 'A-uk'. And a winter mellow is called as 'Dol-a-uk' which means the thing is changed a year. 2) The heliotropism of mellow has been used as the symbol of the loyalty and the intelligence. Its meaning has been interpreted expansively engaging with the heliotropism of a hollyhock, a Darkpull, and a sunflower. 3) Once 'Darkpull' had been recognized as 'one day flower'. But after sunflower come, people have confused and misread 'Darkpull' by 'Sunflower'. 4) The first record of sunflower among the existing bibliographical documents is "Chung-jang-gam-chun-seo" (1795). And It is presumed thal the sunflower had introduced in Korea at the early to mid of the eighteen century. 5) The interpretation for mellow has been made s confusion by a several documentary and dictionary record, but should be corrected to be right.
The Bibiographical Investigation of effect of Acorus gramineus Soland
Jung, Kuk-yung ; Kho, Byung-hee ; Song, Il-byung ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 241~252
1. Purpose and Method : We have many difficulty of using the existing medical Hurbs based on the theory of Em-Yang and the five elements, this is why we still do not explain the Sasang Constitutional medical Hurb Classification and do not have the Sasang Constitutional Pharmacology exactly, so we easily enter into a dispute and confusion. So through literary consideration about Acorus gramineus Soland. I try to objectify Sasang Constitutional Classification of Acorus gramineus Soland and the spirit of using Acorus gramineus Soland and common property of Sasang Constitutional Medical Hurb and try to find out a clue that search the effect of other Sasang Constitutional Medical Hurb. 2. Result : Qi(氣) and mi(味) of Acorus gramineus Soland have aroma and hot taste and have won Qi(溫氣), the using portion of Acorus gramineus Soland is root as medical Hurb. So Acorus gramineus Soland rise from Goonghacho(中下焦) to Sangcho(上焦) and divied impurity and purity and able to remove the turbidity Qi(氣)Ack(液) Acorus gramineus Soland have the effect of progressing the involution of Paeqi(肺氣) and divided impurity and purity of Qi(氣) and ack(液) and improve the fuction and structure of Tae-Em-ln. I think that the method of literay consideration on objectification of Sasang Constitution Pharmacology is of great value.
「성명론(性命論), 사단론(四端論), 확충론(擴充論), 장부론(臟腑論)」을 통해서 본 사상인(四象人) 병론(病論)의 접근
Kim, Gang-San ; Song, Il-Byeong ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 253~269
1. Purpose We know that Sasang Constitution is decided by difference of Sung-Jung(性情). Lee je-ma emphasized that Sa-Sim-Sin-Mul(事心身物) and Sung-Jung is important key. So, this paper is to know that the characteristics of constitutional symptoms also is explained by Sa-Sim-Sin-Mul and Sung-Jung, to find sequence between Sung-Jung and symptoms. 2. Method Through the Sa-Sim-Sin-Mul, decision of Sasang constitution and physiologics of Jang-Bu(臟腑), each the inerior-exterior characteristics of constitutional symptoms were researched. 3. Results It is found that structual characteristics of interior-exterior, in-out(內外), upper-town(上下) and functional characteristics of Warm-Hot-Cool-Cold(寒熱溫凉), ascent-descent-unfast-fast(升降援束), large-small(大小) are based on Sung-Jung and the summarizing spirit Sa-Sim-Sin-Mul.
Lee Je-ma's point of view on the shape and image
Choi, Young-hee ; Park, Seong-sik ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 271~279
1. Purpose : From a viewpoint of Lee Je-ma, We consider the principle of shape(form) and image and try out a share of recognition about shape(form) and image in all its aspects. 2. Method : Especially we compared HeoJun's point of view with Lee Je-ma's point of view. 3. Result & Conclusion 1) The most important thing for an appearance of shape(form) and image is a differential Qi of sorrow- anger-joy-pleasure. 2) Lee Je-Ma chose a point of view from inside to outside in principle. 3) A method of materialism can be used when we give medical treatment. 4) Shape(form) and image is a method of constitutional diagnosis from a viewpoint of Lee Je-ma. 5) Shape(form) and image has a formal(typical) type, but the thing which is fixed do not exist, therefore partial shape(form) and image is possible. 6) We should observe a condition of mind, but objectivity and reappearance always remain.
Study of constitutional difference on man's penis and women's breast
Ryu, Je-hun ; Kim, Dal-rai ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 281~293
1. The backdrop of the study. Accurate diagnasis of the constitution is very important Sasang constitution medicine. This study make research of man's penis and woman's breast, make observation these are significant or not in diagnosis of the constitution. 2. The process. The constitution of the people was diagnosed by QSCCII, specialist, (86 persons, men 39, women 47), the men was taken measure of atony and excited length, thickness of the penis with a rule, thread. the women have a personal interview about her height, weight, the girth of the breast, brassiere cup size. 3.The result. This study shows that Tae-eum-in Is 28 persons(32.6%), So-eum-in 37 persons (43%), So-yang-in 21 persons(24.4%). Man's observation is insignificant statistically, woman's observation is insignificant statistically too.
A Sasang Theoretical1) Study about the Morph & Image of Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Kim, Jeong-ho ; Song, Jeong-mo ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 295~310
Nowadays there are a lot of attempts and approaches in the Study of Oriental Medicine. The Morph&Image is one of them, and its importance is more and more increasing. Likewise, in the Sasang Consitutional Medicine, the Morph&Image is one of the important part too. And it is presented in the
. But that Discourse shows us only the concept and conclusion of Morph&Image, based on classification of Sasang Constitution, without explaining how it is derived. So the author studied the basic theory parts of
Dorgyi Soose Bowon
-those are the
- and wanted to find out the mechanism of Morph&Image concept in the Sasang Constitutional Medicine. The results were as follows. 1. Every portion of human body, can be considered as Morph&Image, in
Dorgyi Soose Bowon
could be explained in the line with the Sasang theory. Morph&Image in
Dorgyi Soose Bowon
contents not only the shape itself but also image, operation, mind condition, nature, emotion and so on. 2. The traditional Oriental Medicine has the Morph&Image categorized by Five elements(五行). And it is used for Oriental medical Diagnosis. But in the Sasang Constitution, Morph&Image is used for Sasang Constitutional classification. 3. The Morph&Image in Sasang could be classified into four groups. Affairs(事)- group(ears, eyes, nose, mouth(耳目鼻口) and so on), object(物)-group(lung, spleen, liver, kidney(肺脾肝腎)and soon), Mind(心)-group(jaw, chest navel, abdomen and so on) and Body(身)-group(head, shoulders, waist hips(頭肩腰臀) and so on) are those. Event and Object groups reflect the congenital conditions of Sasang-Classified human body, and Mind and Body groups reflect mind state, nature, emotion etc..
Understanding of Lee, Je-ma's View of Form and Interpretation of Form of Face
Kim, Hyung-soon ; Choi, Kwang-jin ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 11, issue 1, 1999, Pages 311~327
Lee, Je-ma proposed ways like Chehyungkisang to judge each constitution, so, on the basis of this, we can judge constitution in various ways. Such a theory is based on behavior determinism's way of thinking of Lee, Je-ma. We can know this that form is not recognized as an object reflecting image, but a subjective concept from Tukyonyodun, Yimokbiku(ears, eyes, nose and mouth), Hameokjebok of Sungmyong Theory. Lee, Je-ma thought each part of human body has not only physical function but also complex temperative function. Putting this consideration and Jangbu Theory describing human body directly, together, it can be said that these all have an established theory on Chehyungkisang of constitution judgement. Thus, the following hypotheses are given. From Sadan Theory and Hwakchung Theory, strength of Jangbu of Sasangin is Pe>Bi>Shin>Kan in Taeyangin and Bi>Pe>Kan>Shin in Soyangin and Kan>Shin>Bi>Pe> in Taeumin and Shin>Kan>Pe>Bi in Soumin. The concept of Shinkihyuljung is related with creation of form and spirit of each Jangkuk and Aenoheerak(sorrow, anger, joy, pleasure). From this viewpoint, Sasangin can be classified into; Taeyangin into Shinkijunghyul type, Taeumin into Hyuljungkishin type, Soumin into Junghyuishinki type. Introduced a fixed way to explain of each constitution according to this strength relationship. I hope more lively discussions on Constitutional Medicine will be continued based on this attempt.