Go to the main menu
Skip to content
Go to bottom
REFERENCE LINKING PLATFORM OF KOREA S&T JOURNALS
> Journal Vol & Issue
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Journal Basic Information
Journal DOI :
The Society Of Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Editor in Chief :
Volume & Issues
Volume 17, Issue 3 - Dec 2005
Volume 17, Issue 2 - Aug 2005
Volume 17, Issue 1 - Apr 2005
Selecting the target year
A Study on Xylographica of
Dongyi Suse Bowon
Lee, Kyung-Sung ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 1~11
1. Objectives This study classifies xylographica of
Dongyi Suse Bowon
written by Lee, Je-Ma from 1901 to 1945. 2. Methods Through researching the phrases, I collected and analyzed data from rare book lists for this study 3. Results and Conclusions 1) The first edition of
Dongyi Suse Bowon
was issued in 1901, and the second, the third, the forth, the fifth, the sixth, the seventh, in 1911, 1913, 1914, 1921, 1936, 1941 respectively. 2) The popularized printed editions of
Dongyi Suse Bowon
are not the forth and the seventh, but the fifth and the seventh. 3) The xylographica of
Dongyi Suse Bowon
was mainly issued in Seoul and Hahmhung 4) No further data except the first to seventh editions were found in Korea, although some appear to be in error.
A Study on the Distributional Rate of Sasangin in Korea
Lee, Tae-Gyu ; Hwang, Min-Woo ; Ham, Tong-Il ; Lee, Soo-Kyung ; Choe, Bong-Keun ; Koh, Byung-Hee ; Song, Il-Byung ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 12~21
1. Objectives Though the distributional rate of Sasangin was mentioned in
Dongyi Suse Bowon
, there were few studies on the distributional rate of Sasangin in Korea. So, this study was conducted to estimate the distributional rate of Sasangin in Korea. 2. Methods The medical records of 1,423 subjects who have taken diagnosis of Sasang constitution from January 2003 to June 2003 at a health examination center of a hospital in Seoul were reviewed. Then distributional rate of Sasang constitution were analyzed and age sex-adjusted standardized distributional rate were estimated by direct standardization using a reference population of 2000 aged from 20 to 70 years. 3. Results and Conclusions (1) The total number of subjects were 1,423(Males : 704(49.5%) / Females : 719(50.5%)). And the mean age of the subjects was
). (2) Among the 1,423 subjects, distributional rate of Taeumin, Soyangin, and Soeumin were 46.9%, 29.1% and 24.0%(Male : Taeumin 48.2%, Soyangin 37.9%, Soeumin 13.9% / Female: Taeumin 45.6%, Soyangin 20.4%, Soeumin 33.9%). (3) Age sex-adjusted standardized distributional rate of Taeumin, Soyangin, and Soeumin were 45.4%, 28.2% and 26.4%(Male : Taeumin 50.8%, Soyangin 35.1%, Soeumin 14.1% / Female: Taeumin 39.5%, Soyangin 21.0%, Soeumin 39.4%) (4) The rate of Soeumins was higher than that mentioned in
Dongyi Suse Bowon
,and the distributional rate of Sasangin according to sex was different. (5) So it was thought that the distributional rate of Sasangin in Korea was different from that mentioned in
Dongyi Suse Bowon
The Study of Combinational Using with Constitutional Medicines in Sasang Consitutional Medicine II
Kim, Myeong-Gyun ; Park, Seong-Sik ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 22~30
1. Objectives The purpose of this study is to verify whether one's constitutional medicine can be used for others or not. The results of this study will help us to understand sasang constitutional medicine. 2. Methods In Dong-Mu's writings -
Dongyi Suse Bowon Sasang ChobonGuen
Dongyi sasang shinpyun
-, I found out that one's constitutional medicine has been used for others. 3. Results and Conclusions 1) There are 13 medicines that have been used and mixed with other constitutional medicines in
. 2) There are 3 medicines that have been used and mixed with other constitutional medicines in
Dongyi Suse Bowon Sasang ChobonGuen
. 3) There are 18 prescriptions that have combined with other constitutional medicines in
Dongyi sasang shinpyun
A Study on the Acupoints in the view of Sasang Constitutional Medicine - based on
Song, Jeong-Mo ; Kim, Jeong-Ho ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 31~54
1. Objectives This paper was written in order to understand the function of acupoints as Sasang Constitution. 2. Methods Through the concept of
, we could find out the function of some acupoints as Sasang Constitution. 3. Results and Conclusions 1) Some acupoints could be classified into four groups. These four groups are corresponded with four Sasang Constitutional groups 2) This four groups are supported by the concept of
. 3) The first group is for Soeumin(少陰人). The acupoints are 'Sangwan(上脘, CV13)', 'Chungwan(中脘, CV12)', 'Hwangsu(?兪, K16)', 'chonchu(天樞, S25)' and 'Wisu(胃兪, B21)'. These acupoints all have Seung(升: elevating Gi(氣))-function in their Oriental medical effects 4) The second group is for Soyangin( 少陽人). The acupoints are 'Kichung(氣衝, S30)', 'Choksamni(足三里, S36)', 'Sangohu(上巨虛, S37)', 'Hagoho(下巨虛, S39)', 'Haegye(解谿, S41) and 'hyonjong(懸鍾, G39)'. These acupoints all have Gang(降: descending Gi(氣))-function in their Oriental medical effects. 5) The third group is for Taeumin(太陰人). The acupoints are 'Oje(魚際, L10)', ' Taeyon(太淵, L9)', 'Taedo(大都, Sp2)', 'Taebeak(太白, Sp3)' and 'Nohoe(?會, TE13)‘. These acupoints all have Wan(緩: efferenting Gi(氣))-function in their Oriental medical effects. 6) The fourth group is for Taeyangin(太陽人). The acupoints are 'Kwanwon(關元, CV4)', 'Hawan(下脘, CVlO)’ and ‘Chungjong(中庭, CVI6)’. These acupoints all have Sok(束: afferenting Gi(氣))-function in their Oriental medical effects.
The Study of Sasangin's Face
Sohn, Eun-Hae ; Yoo, Jung-Hee ; Kim, Jong-Won ; Kim, Kyu-Kon ; Kho, Byung-Hee ; Song, Il-Byung ; Lee, Eui-Ju ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 55~68
1. Objectives Recently there have been studied the trials to take out the characteristics of Sasangin's face. But there is not the report of the basis of Sasangin's face. So I want to exchange between Sasang Constitutional Medicine (SCM) and others ; metrology, technology, psychology, ete. 2. Methods I searched documents of Lee Jae-ma and one's junior. I maid a comparative study of each Sasangin's face through them. And I counted each item to find out the major review point of Sasangin's face. 3. Results and Conclusions We found out Sasangin's face has their own characteristics; first impression, forehead, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, voice. And 'First Impression' is the major factor to check the review point of the face for the classification of sasangin through the 9 documents. In the future we have to prove the contents of these clinically. And we have to research the measurement of the face.
A Comparison between Questonnaire of Differentiation of Syndromes and QSCC2
Shin, Woo-Yong ; Park, Un-A ; Yoo, Jun-Sang ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 69~75
1. Objectives This study was to investigate relationship between the diagnosis of Sasang Constitutional Medicine(SCM) and the diffrentiation of syndromes according to the state of Qi, Blood, Body Fluid, Phlegm retention and the five viscera. 2. Methods In-patients and students were investigated through questionnaire of the diffrentiation of syndromes and QSCC2. The results were analyzed statiscally by t-test, one-way ANOVA on SPSS 10 3. Results and Conclusions (1) Soeumin has a high grade on Qi-insufficiency than other consititutions. (2) Soyangin has a high grade on blood insufficiency. And Soyangin who have a disease get a high grade on kidney and get a low grade on spleen.
A Study on the Difference of Responses to the Visual or Auditory Stimulus in Sasang Constitution Groups
Shin, Dong-Yoon ; Kim, Young-Won ; Song, Jeong-Mo ; Yoo, Kyung ; Park, Hyeon-Chol ; Kim, Lak-Hyeong ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 76~81
1. Objectives The purpose of this study is to find the difference of response to visual or auditory stimulus in Sasang Constitutional groups. 2. Methods Continuous performance test (CPT)-ADS program- was measured in 44 females in 20's. The mean and standard deviation of response time were measured and analysed statically in each group of Sasang Constitution. 3. Results There were significant results in the average of response time. The average of the response time to the auditory stimulus in Soyangin was shorter then that of in Soeumin 4. Conclusions The results suggest that there could be differences in the pattern of response to circumstantial stimulus in Sasang Constitution.
A Clinical Study of Sleeping, Stool, Urine According to Taeyangsoyangin(Yangin) and Taeumsoeumin(Eumin)
Kim, Jung-Ju ; Lee, Yung-Seop ; Park, Seong-Sik ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 82~90
1. Objectives : There are many studies on the ordinary symptoms based on Sasang constitution. But there are not quite satisfactory between the types of Sasang constitution. So This study is for learning the characteristics of ordinary symptoms depending on Taeyangin Soyangin(the rest Yangin) and Taeumin Soeumin(the rest Eumin) of the Sasang constitution. 2. Methods : We classified them into the each type of Sasang Constitutional Medicine(SCM) by the well-trained SCM specialist, and assessed their ordinary features by the questionnaire. Binary logistic regression analysis was applied to evaluate the influence of ordinary features to the diagnosis of SCM. 3. Results : There are a result of the binary logistic analysis on the observed questionnaire. 1) Regarding sleeping, Yangin do not dream much as Eumin do when they sleep. The time they are sleeping is not longer, and they usually do not sleep well. 2) Regarding stools, Yangin go to stool more than Eumin do. The constipation does not occur when they are not in a good condition, and they do not feel uncomfortable when they do not go to stool for a day. The length of time taken for emptying the bowels is much longer, and the hardness of their stools is much more, but the hardness does not mean that they have the constipation. 3) Regarding urine, Yangin have much more foam than Eumin. 4. Conclusions: We found that Yangin and Eumin have characteristics of ordinary symptoms, but partly there are not in accordance with ones what Lee Je-ma said in his book. So in future we hope clinical studies are required steadily.
Effects of Hyeongbangpaedok-san and Dokhwaljihwang-tang that Get Weight, Hematology, Biochemistry Change by Wistar Rat's Aging
Ahn, Taek-Won ; Lee, Soo-Young ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 91~102
1. Objectives The purpose of this study is to find out effects of Hyeongbangpaedok-san(HBPDS) and Dokhwaljihwang(DHJH) against decline of physical function as aging. 2. Methods Administrating HBPDS and DHJH to 40-week-old Wistar rat for 10 weeks so, I researched weight change, weight change of internal organs, and hematological and serological changes. 3. Results & Conclusions 1. Both examining groups, which were taken HBPDS and DHJH, got more weight than control group. But that was regardless. 2. Both examining groups got more weight on internal organs than control group. But that was regardless, too. 3. Both examining groups decreased in amount of MDA in serum, as contrasted with control group. But it was regardless. 4. Both examining groups improved on hematological condition. WBC, RBC, Hgb, monocytes and eosinophil rates were decreasing and HCT and PLT were increasing. Especially monocytes(p<0.001) and eosinophil(p<0.05) rate of DHJH taken group was decreased remarkably. 5-1. Both examining groups show decline in each item of functional examination of liver, such as ALT, AST, T-bilirubin, T-protein, ALB, A/G. T-chol, TG, etc. HBPDS taken group showed meaningful decline in Albumin(p<0.01) and A/G(p<0.01) and DHJH taken group showed meaningful decline in T-bilirubin(p<0.01). 5-2. Both examining groups showed decline in items of functional examination of kidneys. Specially HBPDS taken group showed meaningful decline in CRN rate(p<0.05) and DHJH taken group showed meaningful decline in BUN rate(p<0.05). As those results, HBPDS and DHJH are effective against decline of physical function as aging.
The Effects of Hyeongbangjihwang-tang and Sibimikwanjung-tang in Glycerol-Induced Renal Failure in Rats
Lee, Hyung-Sun ; Kim, Il-Hwan ; Kim, Hyo-Soo ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 103~112
1. Objective : The present author have examined the comparative effects of Hyeongbangjihwang-tang and Sibimikwanjung-tang in glycerol-induced acute renal failure, a model for myoglobinuric acute renal failure. 2. Methods : Above two prescriptions were applied to rat ad libitum and serum level of creatinine, glucose and blood urea nitrogen(BUN) were measured. And serum level of
, too. 50%(vol/vol) glycerol at a dose of 10 ml/kg of rat body weight intramuscularly and 1% concentration of prescriptions were applied to rats for 7 days ad libitum. 3. Results : Serum level of creatinine and
significantly increased by glycerol injection, and these showed pre-renal and renal cause of acute renal failure. Hyeongbangjihwang-tang administered group showed decreasing tendency on serum level of creatinine when compared with control groups, but not significant. Sibimikwanjung-tang administered group showed significant increase of serum level of BUN when compared with control groups. 4. Conclusions : Above two prescriptions showed no significant changes on glycerol induced acute renal failure, but Hyeongbangjihwang-tang and Sibimikwanjung-tang showed a little different manner of response.
A Case Report on the Four Taeyangin Female Patients
Kang, Tae-Gon ; Kim, Jung-Ju ; Kim, Myung-Gune ; Bae, Hyo-Sang ; Park, Sung-Sik ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 113~119
1. Objectives Taeyangin is more rare than other kinds of people of the Constitution in number. And there are few references on Taeyangin's diseases, symptoms, and characters. Therefore diagnosing and treating Taeyangin patients are very difficult. We think that out study might be helpful to make it easier to diagnose and treat Taeyangin. 2. Methods Among patients who have visited the Oriental Hospital of Dongguk University, four female patients were classified as Taeyangin. Their symptoms were lessened by treatment that is appropriate to Taeyangin. Thus, we report these four female patients' improvements of their conditions on stool, urine, infertility, menstruation, and skin. We looked over the other reports, in advance, to get more ideas on Taeyangin. 3. Results After treating four female patients with Taeyangin's treatment, we found out that it showed significant changes on stool and urine condition, and infertility, menstruation. After the treatment, urine came out very easily and bowel moved much better than before. Discharge from the womb also remarkably decreased. Even their skin turned out to be softer than before, which we did not expected. 4. Conclusions We obtained great results from treating four female patients with the Taeyangin's treatment. As there are few clinical studies on Taeyangin, more studies on Taeyangin will be needed so that we could get to know more on the mechanism of Tayangin's physiology. We can read the changes of urine and defecation after the Tayangin's treatment in the books written by Dongmu, and we can ascertain it through our study. But more study on Tayangin's physiology might be needed because we found out that the discharge from the womb or the condition of the skin was significantly improved after the treatment, which is not quite well revealed in the books written by Dongmu.
A Case Study about Soyangin Patient suffering from Nausea and Vomiting, treated with Soyangin Superficial Disease
Seok, Jae-Hwa ; Hwang, Min-Woo ; Choi, Kyung-Ju ; Lee, Kab-Soo ; Koh, Byung-Hee ; Song, Il-Byung ; Lee, Soo-Kyung ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 120~127
1. Objectives This case is to report that a Soyangin patient with nausea and vomiting treated by Soyangin's Constitutional medications 2. Methods This patient was treated by several Constitutional medications and acupuncture treatment according to the result of Sasang Constitutional diagnosis with western management. We used Visual analogue scale(VAS) for the assessment of nausea and vomiting. 3. Results and Conclusions This patient's chief complants were nausea and vomiting. So he was treated by Soyangin's Constitutional medications(especially Hyeongbangpaedok-san, Dojeokganggi-tang and Hyeongbangsabaek-san) and showed a positive response about his symptom. But then we consider that studies about that case like this are more needed.
A Case of Taeumin Chorea originated after Cerebral infarction
Jung, Woon-Ki ; Kim, Eun-Yi ; Lee, Sang-Min ; Shin, Mee-Ran ; Choi, Jae-Wan ; Yoon, Ji-Yung ; Kim, Dal-Rae ; Han, Dong-Youn ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 128~134
1. Objectives The primary purpose of this case is to report that a Taeurnin patients with Chorea originated after Cerebral infarction was treated with 'Yeoldahanso-tang(熱多寒少湯)' and then her symptoms improved 2. Methods We diagnosed her as Chorea originated after Cerebral infarction. So we treated her with 'Yeoldahanso-tang(熱多寒少湯)'. 3. Results After we treated her with 'Yeoldahanso-tang(熱多寒少湯)', her symptoms improved. 4. Conclusions 'Yeoldahanso-tang(熱多寒少湯)' may have an effect on Treatment Chorea originated after Cerebral infarction of Taeurnin.
A Case Report of Jaundice in Liver Cirrhosis with Sipymiguanjung-tang gamibang
Han, Dong-Youn ; Park, Jung-Han ; Lee, Jae-Yun ; Kim, Jung-Chul ; Song, Chang-Hun ; Sun, Seung-Ho ; Kim, Eun-Yi ; Cho, Hyun-Seok ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 135~141
1. Objectives The purpose of this case is to report that a soeumin patient diagnosed as liver cirrhosis with jaundice was treated with 'Sibimiguanjung-tang gamibang' and then his symptoms and Liver function improved. 2. Methods We dignosed the patient as Soeumin-Taeum syndrome. So we treated him with Sibimiguanjung-tang gamibang 3. Results After we treated the patient with Sibimiguanjung-tang gamibang, his symptom and liver function was improved. 4. Conclusions Sibimiguanjung-tang gamibang may have an effect on treatment of jaundice with liver cirrhosis of Soeumin.
A Clinical Report of Taeumin Hwa-Byeong Patient with Conversion Disorder
Han, Dong-Youn ; Lee, Sang-Min ; Kim, Min-Jong ; Shin, Mee-Ran ; Yang, Sang-Mook ; Shim, Gyu-Heoun ; Kim, Dal-Rae ; Jung, Woon-Ki ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 142~149
1. Objectives The purpose of this case is to report a Taeumin, who was examined as Hwa-Byeong, received a medical treatment with Cheongsimyeonja-tang and consult of Sasang Constitutional Medicine. 2. Methods We examined this patient as Hwa-Byeong by using Hwa-Byeong Diagnostic Interview Schedule(HBDIS) and we also diagnosed a patient's mental state by using MMPI to understand a human instinct of the patient. Additionally, we used QSCC II and PSCC to distinguish a patient's Sasang Constitution. 3. Results We received a positive result by using prescription as Cheongsimyeonja-tang and consult according to a patient's Sasang Constitutional Medicine. 4. Conclusions We suggested that the patient would receive steady treatments as consult of Sasang Constitutional Medicine and medicinal therapy afterwards.
A Case of Soeumin Mang-yang Syndrome Compared to Cold Syndrome with Pseudo-heat Symptoms
Kim, Il-Hwan ; Park, Hye-Sun ; Lee, Sang-Min ; Kim, Hyo-Soo ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 150~155
1. Objectives This case is aimed to verify the relation of Soeurnin Mang-yang Syndrome and Cold Syndrome with pseudo-heat syndrome. 2. Methods The patient has high fever, general body sweating, thirst and constipitation is diagnosed as Soeumin Mang-yang Syndrome. Mang-yang Syndrome one of the symptoms in the Exterior Febrile Disease induced from the Kidney affected by Heat in Soeumin(少陰人) marked by spontaneous sweating and fever with chills. This syndrome is similar to Cold syndrome with pseudo-heat symptoms in general symptoms and pathologic process. Therefore, We medicate Doksampalmul-tang to this patient who diagnosed as Soeumin Mang-yang Syndrome. 3. Results and Conclusions The symptoms that the patient has fever, sweating, thirst and constipitation are solved after the medication. This means recovery of Yang-Energy in Kidney and the spleen.
A Clinica1 Study on Taeumin's Chilling Syndrome Caused by Iatrogenic Adrenal Insufficiency
Yu, Kwan-Suk ; Lee, Sang-Min ; Joo, Jong-Cheon ; Park, Jun-Young ; Kang, Sung-wook ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 156~162
1. Objectives The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effects of Sasang constitutional medical diagnosis and treatment on Taeumin's Hangueol syndrome, probably caused by Iatrogenic Adrenal Insufficiency. 2. Methods The subject is a 75 years old woman who has a severe chilling symptom without fever, probably caused by Iatrogenic Adrenal Insufficiency, and we had diagnosed her syndrome as Taeumin's Hangueol syndrome and prescribed Sasang Constitutional Medicine. 3. Results The scale of chilling symptom has been reduced. 4. Conclusions This case study shows an effcient results by using Sasang Constitutional Medicine in treatment of Taeumin's chilling syndrome.
A Clinical Study about Soyangin Edema Patient
Ahn, Taek-Won ; Bae, Na-Young ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 163~171
1. Objectives The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effectivity of the Korean herbal medicine therapy which is based on the Sasang constitutional medicine for the Soyangin Edema Patient 2. Methods Patient who diagnosed as Soyangin by physical characteristic, posture and symptoms is evaluated with length of patient' Lt. calf, ankle, foot circumference after medication 3. Results After medicine, 1) Length of patient' Lt. calf was on the decrease from 37.2cm to 34.4cm 2) Length of patient' Lt. ankle was on the decrease from 27.8cm to 25.4cm 3) Length of patient' Lt. foot was on the decrease from 28.0cm to 25.7cm Edema of a Soyangin patient responded well to the treatment with Dojeokgangki-tang 4. Conclusions The case study shows an efficient results by using Dojeokgangki-tang in treatment of Soyangin edema patient.
A Case Report of Soeumin Pneumonia
Sul, Yu-Kyung ; Jeon, Soo-Hyung ; Jo, Hoon-Seuk ; Jeon, Sang-Bok ; Kim, Jong-Won ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 17, issue 3, 2005, Pages 172~178
1. Objectives pneumonia is the infection of the lungs. The typical symptoms of is cough, sputum, fever, chest pain, infiltration of chest X-ray. We have tried researching effect of herbal medicine Soeumin Doksampalmulkeunja-tang(獨蔘八物君子湯). 2. Methods This patient with serious fever, sputum which were caused by aspiration pneumonia was treated by Doksampalmulkeunja-tang(獨蔘八物君子湯), who was diagnosed as Soeumin 3. Results Doksampalmulkeunja-tang(獨蔘八物君子湯) is effective against the fever. sputum symptom of Soeumin. The chest PA test were improved. 4. Conclusions The consitutional treatment with herb-medicine may have effect on fever symptom of Soeumin. Soeumin Exterior febrile Disease must be treated by raising the stagnant yang qi. Further study on Soeumin Exterior febrile Disease is needed.