Go to the main menu
Skip to content
Go to bottom
REFERENCE LINKING PLATFORM OF KOREA S&T JOURNALS
> Journal Vol & Issue
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Journal Basic Information
Journal DOI :
The Society Of Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Editor in Chief :
Volume & Issues
Volume 20, Issue 3 - Dec 2008
Volume 20, Issue 2 - Aug 2008
Volume 20, Issue 1 - Apr 2008
Selecting the target year
The Study on the Formative Process of Taeumin's Dry-febrile Symptom
Kim, Sang-Hyuk ; Kim, Yun-Hee ; Hwang, Min-Woo ; Lee, Jun-Hee ; Song, Il-Byung ; Koh, Byung-Hee ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 1, 2008, Pages 1~14
1. Objectives This paper was written in order to understand formative process of Taeumin's Dry-febrile Symptom. 2. Methods We analysis Taeumin's Dry-febrile Symptom through pathology and prescription in
. And we also analysis before study on pathology of Taeumin. 3. Results and Conclusions SCM was controled by Good-Qi. There was explained the strong and weak of Good-Qi to the number of real life. Slightness and Severeness of disease are dependent on the Health Energy of small viscera. So the interior febrile disease of Taeumin is divided to Liver-febrile symptom and Dry-febrile symptom. Because Liver-febrile symptom is reasonable symptom but Dry-febrile symptom is contrary symptom.
An Approach about How to Solve Problems of Preexistence Sasang Constitutional Acupuncture and Its Meaning of Meridians
Kim, Myeong-Gyun ; Park, Seong-Sik ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 1, 2008, Pages 15~23
1. Objectives This article is about how we can make use of acupuncture and apply meridians in sasang constitutional medicine. 2. Methods We made several studies of acupuncture in sasang constitutional medicine and explored the development course of meridian. 3. Result and Conclusion 1) Meridians were set up by our understanding of human bodies. 2) We cannot make a use of acupuncture and meridians exactly if we don't confirm a usage of 12 meridians. 3) We need many tries of using meridians in other way. Meridians can be used not only treatment but also diagnosis in sasang constitutional medicine.
The Study of Doctor-Patient Relationship in Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Ban, Duk-Jin ; Park, Seong-Sik ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 1, 2008, Pages 24~33
1. Objectives We analyze Doctor-Patient Relationship in anthropological medicine, medical sociology Oriental Medicine and find out solutions about problems of Modern Medicine which are dehumanized through the meaning of Doctor-Patient Relationship in Sasang Constitutional Medicine. 2. Methods We consider various studies which are related with doctor-patient relationship from models of the Doctor-Patient Relationship, anthropological medicine, medical sociology and Oriental Medicine. And we compare and analyze Sasang Constitutional Medicine's meaning of doctor and patient through Sasang Constitutional Medicine's view of treatment and philosophy. 3. Results and Conclusions 1) In various studies, Doctor-Patient Relationship have been dualistic perspective which is divided into doctor and patient, and lay emphasis on relationship between them. 2) In Sasang Constitutional Medicine, anyone might be a patient because they are human being, anyone might be a doctor as cure their own disease. In other words, doctor and patient are not separated but united. A point of regarding human is the core of illness and cure can present new direction that solves problems of dualistic perspective Modern Medicine.
Accuracy of 3D Automatic Face Recognition Apparatus(3D-AFRA) Recognition
Kim, Yun-Hee ; Yang, Chun-Seok ; Lee, Jun-Hee ; Jung, Yong-Jae ; Yoo, Jung-Hee ; Lee, Seung-Hyun ; Koh, Byung-Hee ; Lee, Eui-Ju ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 1, 2008, Pages 34~41
1. Objectives We had been developing a 3D Automatic Face Recognition Apparatus (3D-AFRA) in order to evaluate the external appearances with more objectivity. This apparatus provides a 3D image and numerical data on facial configuration, and this study aims to evaluate the accuracy of 3D-AFRA recognition. 2. Methods Each scanned pictures were pointed with the 3D Automatic Face Recognition Apparatus(3D-AFRA). And the results were compared with data pointed pictures with manual. And we analysed the difference between Automatic and manual by paired -test. 3. Results and conclusions In frontal face, the P-value was more than 0.05. In conclusion, We assessed that accuracy of recognition of 3D Automatic Face Recognition Apparatus(3D-AFRA) is considerably good. But we should develop methods of measurement for lateral face and indistinct points of frontal face.
An Accuracy Analysis of the 3D Automatic Body Measuring Machine
Jeon, Soo-Hyung ; Kwon, Suk-Dong ; Park, Se-Jung ; Kim, Jung-Yang ; Song, Jung-Hoon ; Kim, Hyun-Jin ; Kim, Jong-Won ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 1, 2008, Pages 42~47
1. Objectives The Body Shape and Feature is one of the important standard for classification of Sasang Constitutions. In order to evaluate one's Body Shape and Feature objectively we have been developing the Body Measuring Machine. Now we develop the 3D Automatic Body Measuring Machine(3D-ABMM). So we make an analysis of the 3D-ABMM's Accuracy. 2. Methods By using the 3D-ABMM and Vivid 9i(3D laser scanner, Konica Minolta) we have a surface scan of the three objects which are the upper body of the female and male Manikin and a male model. We overlap each scan data using the RapidForm2006 (3D scan data solution, INUS Technology) and calculate the average distance and standard deviation between the same point of each scan data. 3. Results and Conclusions In the female Manikin, the average distance is 0.84mm and the standard deviation is 1.16mm and the maximum distance is 10.68mm. In the male Manikin, the average distance is 1.12mm and the standard deviation is 1.19mm and the maximum distance is 12.00mm. In the male model, the average distance is 3.26mm and the standard deviation is 2.59mm and the maximum distance is 12.75mm. From the results, 3D-ABMM has good accuracy for scanning body and will be a usable hardware of the 3D Automatic Body Analysis Machine.
A Morphologocal Study of the Angle of Costal Arch according to the Sasang Constitution
Lee, Hee-Seung ; Park, Seong-Sik ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 1, 2008, Pages 48~55
1. Objectives To examine appearances and body shapes is essential of diagnosing Sasang constitution. Although there are many parts and ways to examine appearances, examination of abdomen would be so necessary and important. We focused on angles of costal arch according to Sasang constitution so that we can find some specialty of each constitution. 2. Methods We measured the angles of costal arch of 173 participants who were diagnosed as Sasang constitution after treatments and analyzed by ANOVA and using Scheffe’s t-test or t-test for some independent parameters. 3. Results and Conclusions 81 Taeumin’s mean costal angle is
to be the widest one. 51 Soyangin have
mean angle of costal arch to be the second widest one. The next one is Taeyangin’s mean angle of costal arch as
but the number of them were only 3. The sharpest costal angle which is
is owned by 38 Soeumin. Male participants have wider costal arch than female in all the constitutional groups.
A Study of Decision Making Style according to Sasang Constitution
Choi, Min-Gi ; Yoo, Jun-Sang ; Jung, Myoung-Suk ; Han, Dong-Youn ; Yoon, Ji-Young ; Song, Hak-Soo ; Yun, Woo-Yeong ; Heo, Jae-Beom ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 1, 2008, Pages 56~66
1. Objectives and Methods This study was performed to investigate the relationship between Sasang constitution and decision making style. Subjects were 69 men and 45 women. Decision making style score, physical measurements and results were measured and analyzed according to Sasang constitution. 2. Results Soeumin group had significantly high score in rational score compared with those of Soyangin. Soyangin group had significantly high score in intuitive score compared with those of Soeumin. Soeumin group had significantly high score in dependent score compared with those of Taeeumin. According to binary logistic regression analysis for decision making style score, Sasang constitution were significant risk factors and ORs of Taeeumin were significantly higer than those of Soyangin in rational score, ORs of Soyangin were significantly higer than those of Soeumin in intuitive score, and ORs of Soeumin were significantly higer than those of Taeeumin in dependent Score. 3. Conclusions Soyangin had significantly high score in intuitive score. Soeumin had significantly high score in dependent score. We found many evidences that Soyangin is intuitive style and Soeumin dependent style in the text of
Dongyi Suse Bowon
and other research. But as far as Taeeumin was concerned, the result of Taeeurnin’s was not coincident with other research. More cases and research were needed to confirm the personality and phychological type of Taeeumin. This study result will be an important method that classify Sasang Costitution and consultation of student career decision making and studying attitude.
A Study on the Clinical Characteristics of Atopic Dermatitis According to Sasang Constitutions
Lim, Jin-Hee ; Lee, Eui-Ju ; Koh, Byung-Hee ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 1, 2008, Pages 67~88
1. Objectives The aim of this study was to find out clinical characteristics of atopic dermatitis according to Sasang Constitutions and to help on Sasang Constitutional management and treatment of atopic dermatitis 2. Methods 108patients with atopic dermatitis were involved in the study. The patients had visited C Oriental Clinic from January 2007 to September 2007 and had taken oriental herbal medicine for over one month. They were divided into four groups by Sasang Constitutions and were evaluated the clinical features of atopic dermatitis according to Sasang Constitutions. 3. Results and Conclusions The clinical characteristics for 108 patients with atopic dermatitis was surveyed 1. Soyangin with atopic dermatitis had significantly more Allergic conjunctivitis than other Constitutions, and Taeumin with atopic dermatitis had significantly less Allergic conjunctivitis than other Constitutions. 2. Soyangin with atopic dermatitis had significantly more 'Sleep loss' than other Constitutions. 3. Emotion was significantly more aggravating factor of atopic dermatitis in Soyangin than in other Constitutions. 4. Soeumin with atopic dermatitis had significantly more 'Orbital darkening' than other Constitution. 5. 'Tuna' was significantly more aggravating factor of atopic dermatitis in Soeumin than in other Constitution. The treatment progress for 57 patients with atopic dermatitis was surveyed 6. Soyangin with atopic dermatitis had significantly more improvement than other Constitution and Soeumin with atopic dermatitis had significantly less improvement than other Constitution in Sasang Constitutional Medicine treatment.
A Study on the Sasang Constitutional Characteristics by Obesity Grade
Yeo, Hye-Rin ; Kim, Kyu-Kon ; Lee, Myung-Hee ; Park, Yoon-Chang ; Jeon, Soo-Hyung ; Kwon, Suk-Dong ; Jung, Sung-Il ; Kim, Jong-Won ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 1, 2008, Pages 89~99
1. Objectives The objective of this study is to offer some standards for the distinction of Sasang Constitutions through analyzing the characteristics of their body shapes that are classified by BMI. 2. Methods The subject of this study were 1341 female and 927 male patients who aged from 17 to 80 in Seoul, Pusan, Daeku and Jeonju. They were treated with Sasang Constitutional medicine. 8 circumferences, 5 widths, weight, height of their body were measured with measuring tape, large sliding caliper, scale and anthropometer. Collected 15 anthropometric datas were analyzed by Analysis of Contingency table, ANOVA and Duncan test. 3. Results (1) The Body shapes according to obesity grade are classified Underweight type that BMI is less than 18.5, Normal weight type that BMI is
and Overweight type that BMI is mote than 23.0. (2) Soeumin represents Underweight type and Taeeumin represents Overweight type regardless of gender differences. Soeumin stands for Normal weight type in women and Soyangin stands for Normal weight type in men. (3) In case of Underweight type, 13 measurements are not suitable to estimate Sasang Constitutions regardless of gender differences. (4) In case of Normal weight type, 12 measurements except for W3 in women and W7 in men are suitable to estimate Sasang Constitutions. And there are no gender differences in Soyangin and Soeumin, but there are gender differences in Taeyangin and Taeeumin. (5) In case of Overweight type, 9 measurements except for C2, C5, C6, W7 in women and 12 measurements except for W3 in men are suitable to estimate Sasang Constitutions. And there are no gender differences in 4 Sasang Constitutions. 4. Conclusions From the above results, we have to consider not only gender differences and age groups but also obesity grade when we distinguish Sasang Constitutions.
A Clinical Report of the Treatment for Numbness due to Stress
Lee, Seung-Yun ; Ban, Duk-Jin ; Lee, Hee-Seung ; Han, Kyung-Suk ; Bae, Hyo-Sang ; Park, Seong-Sik ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 1, 2008, Pages 100~108
1. Objectives The purpose of this case report is to evaluate the effects of Sasang Constitutional diagnosis and treatment of two patients who were diagnosed as Taeumin Dry-Heat Syndrome. 2. Methods Two numbness patients were diagnosed as Taeumin Dry-Heat Syndrome based on their Nature & Emotion, physical characteristics and symptoms. 3. Results and Conclusions Two numbness patients who were treated with Chungsimyonja-tang showed improvement in numbness. The necessity of managing the psychological aspects of the pathology through Nature and Emotion is also mentioned.