Go to the main menu
Skip to content
Go to bottom
REFERENCE LINKING PLATFORM OF KOREA S&T JOURNALS
> Journal Vol & Issue
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Journal Basic Information
Journal DOI :
The Society Of Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Editor in Chief :
Volume & Issues
Volume 20, Issue 3 - Dec 2008
Volume 20, Issue 2 - Aug 2008
Volume 20, Issue 1 - Apr 2008
Selecting the target year
A Study on Dongmu's Thoughts about the Eight Items of "The Great Learning(Ta hsueh)"
Lee, Jun-Hee ; Lee, Eui-Ju ; Song, Il-Byung ; Koh, Byung-Hee ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 1~13
1. Objectives This study was purposed to find Dong's thoughts about the eight items of the "The Great Learning(Ta hsueh)" 2. Methods It was researched through comparative and overall study on the Dong-mu's thoughts in "Gyukchigo(格致藁)" 3. Results (1) Dongmu reinterpreted the eight items of the "The Great Learning(Ta hsueh)" as the relations between the subject and the object from the ontologic assumption of Affairs Mind Body Objects as the principle of existence and correlation, summarized into four categories, and classified into the individual and subjective affairs, and the universal and objective affairs. The four categories of the eight items of the "The Great Learning(Ta hsueh)" are correlated with the individual and the universal ethics of behavior, and connected with the element for overcoming the individual inclination of mind and wickedness. (2) After the individual and subjective human was established, the eight items of the "The Great Learning(Ta hsueh)" were classified into two categories, and coupled up with each two items('Being sincere in their thoughts' with 'Extending to the utmost their knowledge', 'Rectifying their hearts' with 'Investigating things', 'Cultivating their persons' with 'Illustrating illustrious virtue throughout the kingdom', 'Regulating their families' with 'Ordering their own states'). Being based on this, 'Being sincere in their thoughts', 'Rectifying their hearts', 'Cultivating their persons' and 'Regulating their families' were understood as four individual and subjective human-basic-essential activity. Especially, mind, heart, body and family(power) were regarded as the four basic element in human existence and activity, and in correlation with universe and society, set up as the subjective element in Dongmu's epistemology, theory of nature and emotion, theory of morality and theory of moral cultivation.
A Study of Soyangin's Delirious Speaking Bad Disease in Exterior Cold Disease induced from the Spleen Affected by Cold
Kim, Sang-Hyuk ; Kim, Yun-Hee ; Jang, Hyun-Su ; Lee, Jun-Hee ; Koh, Byung-Hee ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 14~20
1. Objectives This study aims to establish the concept and classification of the Delirious Speaking Bad Disease in the Soyain's Exterior Cold Disease induced from the Spleen Affected by Cold. 2. Methods Different editions of "Donguisusebowon", including the Gabo version and the Sinchuk version, were compared for differences and similarities in the Soyangin disease. And we discussed other studies done previously. 3. Results and conclusions Soyangin's Delirious Speaking Bad Disease can be understood as shifted symptom of all of Soyangin's Exterior cold disease induced from the spleen affected by cold.
A Comparative Study of "HamsanSachon DongyiSuseBowon GaboGubon" and "SangGyoHyeonTo DongyiSuseBowon"
Lee, Tae-Gyu ; Kim, Sang-Hyuk ; Lee, Jun-Hee ; Lee, Soo-Kyung ; Kim, Dal-Rae ; Koh, Byung-Hee ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 21~39
1. Objectives The purpose of this study was to find out associations between "HamsanSachon DongyiSuseBowon GaboGubon" and "SangGyoHyeonTo DongyiSuseBowon" 2. Methods A comparative study of authors, colophons, tables of contents and texts of "HamsanSachon DongyiSuseBowon GaboGubon" and "SangGyoHyeonTo DongyiSuseBowon" was made. 3. Results and conclusions 1) There was a close connection between "HamsanSachon DongyiSuseBowon GaboGubon" and "SangGyoHyeonTo DongyiSuseBowon", compared their authors, colophons, tables of contents, texts, and so on. 2) It is supposed that "SaSangInByeonJeungRon" of "HamsanSachon DongyiSuseBowon GaboGubon" was not added any touches and "SaSangInByeonJeungRon" of "DongyiSuseBowon" (GyeongJaBon) was not revised. 3) "DongyiSuseBowon GaboGubon BokWonBon" and text of "SaSangUiHak" shold be amended partially.
The Study of Throat Disease's Concept, Pathology and Medical treatment in Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Ban, Duk-Jin ; Park, Seong-Sik ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 40~50
1. Objectives We analyze throat disease focused on Sasang constitutional medicine and find out throat disease's concept, pathology and medical treatment. 2. Methods We consider term, conceuption, symptoms, mechanism and medical treatment of throat disease in "Dongyisusebowon", "Dongyisusebowon Gabogubon", "Dongyisusebowon sasangchobongwon", "Dongyisasangshinpyun" and "Dongmuyoogo" 3. Results and conclusions 1) We find out throat disease's some concept that are refered variety in sasang constitutional medicine. 2) Throat disease's pathology are different according to sasang constitution. In Soeumin throat disease belong to taeeum syndrome and soeum syndrome, in Soyangin throat disease belong to chest heat syndrome, in Taeumin throat disease belong to dry heat syndrome, in Taeyangin throat disease belong to Yul gyuk syndrome 3) In sasang constitutional medicine, medical treatment of throat disease focus on not throat disease but human being and medical treatment of throat disease are almost internal treatment but in Soyangin and Taeumin, medical treatment of throat disease are external treatment.
A Literature Study on the Concept and Classification of Soeumin Janggyeol
Jang, Hyun-Su ; Kim, Yun-Hee ; Kim, Sang-Hyuk ; Lee, Jun-Hee ; Lee, Eui-Ju ; Koh, Byung-Hee ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 51~57
1. Objective This study aims to establish the concept and classification of the Janggyeol(藏結) pathology introduced in the Sasang Constitutional Medicine literature. 2. Methods Different editions of Dongui suse bowon, including the Gabo version and the Sinchuk version, were compared for differences and similarities in the concept, symptomology, pathology, and therapeutics concerning the Soeumin Janggyeol disease. 3. Results and Conclusion (1) In the Gabo edition, Janggyeol(藏結) is introduced in the "Soeumin Interior Stomach Disease" section and the "Soeumin Summaries" section. However, instead of being included in the interior-based pathology, it is proposed as an independent disease category that is similar to and yet separate from the Taeeumbyeong Simhabiman (epigastric congestion) variations of Sugyeolhyung and Hansilgyeolhyung. Further, passages from the "Soyangin Summaries" section outline the underlying pathology in detail to show that this symptomatic pattern can be included in the exterior-based pathology. (2) In the Sinchuk edition, Janggyeol(藏結) is introduced in the "Soeumin Cold-based Stomach Interior-Cold Disease" section. Similarly to the Gabo classification, it is proposed as an independent disease category not necessarily included in the interior-based pathology that can be compared to the Taeeumbyeong Simhabiman(太陰人 心下 滿) category. The detailed pathological explanations in the "Soyangin Summaries" section suggest that this disease pattern is included in the exterior-based pathology. (3) Janggyeol(藏結) can be understood as a Taeyangbyeong Wigasil(太陽病胃家實) pathology in the Gabo edition and as a Taeyangbyeong Wigasil(太陽病胃家實) pathology in the Sinchuk edition.
A Study about Facial General Morphologic Characteristics According to Sasang Constitution
Park, Eun-Ah ; Choi, In-Ho ; Kim, Na-Yeong ; Yoon, Sang-Jun ; Kim, Sun-Hyung ; Shin, Mi-Ran ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 58~69
1. Objective This research looks into the facial characteristics of Sasang constitution. 2. Methods It assigns and measures the length of nine areas of the face using a picture, and calculates the proportions and gives statistical data of these items. It also references the proportion of the items using the contents of "Sanghakjinjeon" ("相學眞傳") Ten face-types as a basis, divides the face into seven types, looks into the similarities between constitutions, and also compares it to clinically and frequently used constitutional facial characteristics. 3. Results and Conclusion After comparing the analytical items between Taeumins, Soyangins, and Soeumins, Soeumins had an oval face due to the fact that the length and width that their lower faces took up was small compared to the entire face. After dividing the facial characteristics of the test subjects using 十字相, there were significantly more Taeumins in Dong(同)_face-type, and Soeumins in Won(圓)_face-type. There weren't any significant group that Soyangins showed up in. After comparing these facial characteristics with that of previous facial characteristics found in books and used clinically, we were able to find corresponding items.
The Study of Sasangin's Face by the Items of Impression
Kim, Jeong-Hyang ; Kwak, Chang-Kyu ; Yoo, Jung-Hee ; Lee, Jun-Hee ; Kim, Jong-Yeol ; Lee, Eui-Ju ; Koh, Byung-Hee ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 70~81
1. Objective Recently we have known 'First Impression' is the major factor to check the review point for the classification of sasangin. And we want to find out the objected data contribute to dignosis of female sasang constitution using Sasangins Face. 2. Methods We analysed the datum collected by multi-center researchers in 2007-2008. And this study analysed the datum of the measurement of the face by 3D-AFRA (3-Dimensional Automatic Face Recognition Apparatus) and the items of impression by SDQ. We used chi-square test to define the relationship between the item and sasang constitutions. We used independent samples t - test with classifying measuring variables of the face. 3. Results and Conclusion We put out specific female sasangin's constitutional measuring variables of face. The measuring variables of count is Taeyangin 30point, Soyangin 15point, Taeumin 32point, Soeumin 21point. There is the need to accumulate more accurate pictures about sasangin's external shape.
A Study on the Diagnostic Accuracy Rate of the Sasang Constitution Questionnaire for Doctors Used in the On-line System
Jeon, Soo-Hyung ; Jeong, Seong-Il ; Kwon, Seok-Dong ; Park, Se-Jung ; Kim, Kyu-Kon ; Kim, Jong-Won ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 82~93
1. Objective The purpose of this study was to develop and upgrade the On-line SSCQ (Sasang Constitution Questionnaire) by making an analysis of diagnostic accuracy rate of Sasang Constitution Questionnaire for doctors. 2. Methods We have collected SSCQ-D(Sasang Constitution Questionnaire for Doctors) from the dept. of Sasang constitutional medicine in the four other university. We classified data according to Sasang constitution, sex, age and BMI and made an analysis using the chiefly discriminant analysis model, additionally frequency analysis, and Cronbach's alpha coefficient. 3. Results and Conclusion 1) Diagnostic accuracy rate of the SSCQ-D was between 71.33 and 95.14%. (1) About the whole subject the accuracy rate was 71.33%. (2) About the whole female the accuracy rate was 73.26%. (3) About the whole male the accuracy rate was 81.41%. 2) The more classification variables we used in this analysis study, the higher the diagnostic accuracy rate increased.
A Study of Relationship between Coronary Heart Disease Risk and Sasang Constitution Based on NCEP-ATP III
Han, Kyung-Su ; Lee, Han-Eol ; Lee, Joo-Yong ; Ahn, Taek-Won ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 94~106
1. Objective The purpose of this study was to prove the correlation between risk factor of cardiovascular disease and sasang constitution. 2. Methods We analyzed the data of 200 patients who visited Cheonan oriental medical hospital from Apr 1, 2007 until September 31, 2007, for medical examination, which includes sasang constitution examination, blood chemistry test and physical examination. And we classified their results into 3 groups based on with NCEP-ATP III diagnostic criterions. 3. Results and Conclusion The results were as follows : 1. The frequency of dyslipoproteinemia(Hypertriglycemia) was significantly higher in Teaumin group than other constitutions. 2. The frequency of Metabolic syndrome was significantly higher in Taeumin group than other constitutions. 3. The risk of coronary heart disease was higher in Teaumin than other constitutions.
A Clinical Report on the Adverse Reactions of Sasangin by the Prescriptions of Soeumin.Soyangin
Kim, Hyo-Jung ; Kim, Jong-Yoel ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 107~117
1. Objective The aim of this study was to survey the adverse reactions by the prescriptions of Soeumin.Soyangin and to compare the tendency of their symptoms according to Sasang constitutional type. 2. Methods The clinical data for this study were based on the medical records of total 91 cases collected from an oriental clinic during 1996-2004. Their constitutional types were diagnosed by a specialist and then confirmed by drug reactions. To evaluate reliability of the analysis, we only analysed the cases above grade C. The target prescriptions were Palmulgunja-tang, Bojungikgi-tang, Hyangsayangwi-tang, Ijung-tang, Hyeongbangsabaek-san, Jeoryeongchajeonja-tang, Yanggyeoksanhwa-tang, Yangdokbaekho-tang and the sorts of Jihwang-tang. 3. Results and Conclusion The prescriptions which were not suitable for their Sasang constitutional type induced indigestion, stomachache and evacuation troubles basically. Besides, the prescriptions of Soeumin caused some fever of the upper body and skin on Taeeumin and Soyangin. And the prescriptions of Soyangin lead to more severe digestive and evacuation troubles on Taeeumin and Soeumin. 4. Conclusion: This study need to be compensated by additional clinical studies which are more systematic and continuous. This way we can make the firm evidence for approving the difference of drug susceptibility according to the Sasang constitutional type.
Knowledge and Attitude of Sasang Constitution Investigators on the Sasang Constitution Clinical Study in Korea
Yoo, Jong-Hyang ; Jang, Eun-Su ; Lee, Hae-Jung ; Kim, Yun-Young ; Kim, Ho-Seok ; Lee, Si-Woo ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 118~132
1. Introduction This study aims to survey knowledge and attitude of Sasang constitution investigators on the Sasang constitution clinical study. 2. Methods We have made up list of 24 Sasang constitution investigators who have conducted Sasang constitution clinical study before. The study has been surveyed for 20 investigators who has been experiencing clinical study bye-mail or interview. 3. Results 1) The recognition degree on clinical study for sasang constitutional investigators was relatively lower than that for non-oriental investigators. 2) Most investigators have difficulty in designing a Protocol and they thought Protocol is most important in clinical study. 3) The investigators has stressed the need of diagnosis guideline on Sasang Constitution in performing clinical study. 4. Conclusions Special course of clinical study for sasang constitutional investigators should be prepared to activate Sasang constitution clinical study. This course may set up the guideline of sasang constitution clinical study and designing protocol. Also it is urgent to develop constitution diagnosis guideline for clinical study.
A Study on the Priority Order of Sasang Constitutional Factors in Oriental Medical Clinics
Jang, Eun-Su ; Lee, Si-Woo ; Yoo, Jong-Hyang ; Lee, Hae-Jung ; Hwang, Ji-Ho ; Joo, Jong-Chun ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 133~141
l. Objectives This study aims to know the coefficient of five Sasang constitution diagnosis factors' concordance in and among Oriental Medical Clinics, which are important to diagnose Sasang constitution, 2. Methods We collected 701 subjects in Oriental Medical Clinics, who were diagnosed by experts, and they marked the priority order of Sasang constitutional factors in paper. 3. Results 1) The concordance of priority order about Sasang constitutional factors was significantly associated within Oriental Medical Clinics. 2) The concordance of priority order of Sasang constitutional factors was not significantly associated among 12 Oriental Medical Clinics, so we find out that each medical clinics has a different point of view of deciding the rank of diagnosis factors. 3) We show that the factor of Sasang constitutional drug response was the most important one to confirm Sasang constitution and factors have a different order according to clinic type and qualification of experts 4. Conclusions Sasang constitution expect has their own view in diagnosis priority order and that was different among them.
The Clinical Utilization of Hyungbangjihwang-tang
Hwang, Ji-Ho ; Jang, Eun-Su ; Yoo, Jong-Hyang ; Kim, Ho-Seok ; Lee, Si-Woo ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 142~150
1. Objective The purpose of this study is to examine the characteristics and the improvement in the symptoms of the patients who administrated Hyungbangjihwang-tang. 2. Methods We examined 793 case report forms(CRFs) from six oriental medical hospitals and three regional oriental medicine clinics. These CRFs are recorded from november 2007 to july 2008. All constitutions of cases were diagnosed not only by Sasang constitution experts but also through clinical experiences. The traits of the patients and the effects of their treatment were examined. 3. Results and Conclusion 1. The chief complaints in which the patients showed improvement were Headache, fatigue, lumbago, dyspepsia. 2. The ordinary symptoms in which the patients showed improvement were insomnia, fatigue, constipation, dyspepsia, headache. 3. The average food intake of the patients was normal(65.2%) and their feces had intermediate hardness (semi-soft). The color of their urine was either clear or yellow. 4. The amount of the patients' sweat was appropriate (39.1%) Their water intake was approximately normal, and they preferred drinking the cold water. 5. Among the diseases that the patients previously had chronic gastritis(19.6%) had the highest frequencies. 4. Conclusion: The above results show that Hyungbangjihwang-tang can be considered beneficial to headache, fatigue, lumbargo, insomnia, constipation, dyspepsia patients whose food intake is normal, whose sweat level is either appropriate, who prefer to drink cold water, and who are suffering from chronic gastritis.
An Experimental Study on the Anti-stress Effect by Soyangin Hyeongbangdojeok-san and Yanggyeoksanhwa-tang
Lee, Seung-Yeop ; Choi, Ae-Ryun ; Ha, Jin-Ho ; Lee, Jung-Hwan ; Kim, Pan-Joon ; Goo, Deok-Mo ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 151~163
1. Objective This study was done to identify the anti-stress effect of Hyeongbangdojeok-san (HDS), Yanggyeoksanhwa-tang(YST) in Soyangin. 2. Methods Experimental animals were composed of YST, HDS+stress groups which were administered each by 200mg/kg, 400mg/kg and the Saline+stress group. On the 1st day, making the rats forced swim and on the 2nd day, applying Forced swimming test to the rats. After FST, the levels of Corticosterone in the blood were measured. For the study of learning retardation, memory ability and anxiety reaction, experimental animals were composed of YST, HDS+restraint stress groups which were administered each by 400mg/kg, no stress group and the Saline+restraint stress group. Restraint stress were applied 2 hours a day for 3 weeks. On the last day of the 3rd week, Elevated Plus Maze(EPM) was applied to the groups and Morris Water Maze(MWM) was applied to the groups for 7 days. 3. Results 1. As the results of measuring FST which reflects depression, the YST+stress group and the HDS+stress group showed significant effect in comparison with the Saline+stress group. The levels of Corticosterone in the blood were decreased only in the 400mg/kg YST+stress group. 2. As the results of measuring how long EPM which reflects anxiety reaction stayed in the open arm, there was the trend which can suppress anxiety reaction in the HDS+restraint stress group bur no statistical significance. But there was any suppression of anxiety reaction in the YST+restraint stress group. 3. According to the result of MWM, the saline+restraint stress group showed the learning retardation which means increased time arriving at goal compared to the normal group at the second and third day of measurement. On the contrary, a learning retardation was significantly decreased in the YST+restraint stress group at the third day of measurement. 4. Among the Probe trial test a memory loss occurred in the saline+restraint stress group, but memory ability was significantly increased in the YST+restraint stress group. 4. Conclusion: As the results above, Soyangin Yanggyeoksanhwa-tang has significant influence to the antidepression effect, the learning retardation, the anxiety reaction and also in the Hormone level. Hyeongbangdojeok-san has significant influence to the antidepression effect, in the Hormone level, bur not to the learning retardation and anxiety reaction. prefer to drink cold water, and who are suffering from chronic gastritis.
Anti-aging and Anti-Oxidant Effect of Bopyewon-tang in liver and Lung Cell of SD Rats
Bae, Jung-Kyu ; Ahn, Taek-Won ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 164~175
1. Objective The purpose of this study is to investigate the anti-aging and anti-oxidant effects of Bopyewon-tang(BPW) in Liver and Lung cell. 2. Methods This experiment was used the tissue of liver and lung cells of 6, 52 and 68 weeks old SD rats. Each age group was again divided into three groups. One group, as normal group, was not-treated cells, another group, as control group, was saline-treated cells, and the last group, as experimental group, was BPW -treated cells. After culture for 48 hours, each groups measured the level of SOD, GSH, MDA and NO in the tissue of liver and lung cells. 3. Results and Conclusion 1. The activity of SOD in liver of in 52 w-BPW group, 68 w-BPW group, and in lung of 68 w-BPW were significantly increased in comparison with those of the normal groups. 2. The levels of NO in liver of in 68 w-BPW group was significantly decreased in comparison with those of the normal groups. 3. The levels of MDA in lung of in 68 w-BPW group was significantly decreased in comparison with those of the normal groups.
A Clinical Study on Strabismus Patient of Abducence Nerve Paralysis in Soyangin Improved with Yangkyuksanhwa-tang
Choi, Ae-Ryun ; Ha, Jin-Ho ; Lee, Jung-Hwan ; Jang, Woo-Seok ; Goo, Deok-Mo ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 176~183
1. Objectives The purpose of this case study is to evaluate the effects of Yangkyuksanhwa-tang which is based on Sasang Constitutional Medicine for strabismus of abducence nerve paralysis. 2. Methods This patient was created by Soyangin's Constitutional Medications according to the result of Sasang Constitutional diagnosis. We evaluated the abduction deficit that described how to use Scott and kraft. 3. Results & Conclusions This case study shows an efficient result of using Yangkyuksanhwa-tang in treatment of Strabismus of abducence nerve paralysis.
A case Report of Soeumin Pneumothorax
Park, Se-Jung ; Kwon, Seok-Dong ; Jeon, Soo-Hyung ; Kim, Jong-Won ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 184~189
1. Objectives Pneumothorax is defined as the presence of air or gas in the pleural cavity causing chest pain and shortness of breath. Primary spontaneous pneumothoraces (PSPs) occur in people without underlying lung disease or trauma to the thorax. We have tried researching effect of herbal medicine Doksampalmulkeunja-rang(獨蔘八物君子湯) in PSPs. 2. Methods This patient with PSPs which size was more than 30% of Rt. lung, who had been experienced the recurrences of PSPs in Lt. lung for three times, was treated by Doksampalmulkeunja-tang(獨蔘八物君子湯) diagnosed by Soeumin. 3. Results Doksampalmulkeunja-tang(獨蔘八物君子湯) was effective against the chest discomfort and shortness of breath. The chest test was improved. 4. Conclusions The treatment with herb-medicine may have effect on PSPs symptom of Soeumin by raising the stagnant yang qi. Further Sasang medical study on PSPs is needed for recurrence prevention.
A Case Study of Taeeumin's Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria Patient
Im, Mi-Kyung ; Song, Jung-Mo ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 190~198
1. Objectives The purpose of this case study is to evaluate the effects of Sasangconstitutional diagnosis and treatment of chronic idiopathic urticaria patient who was diagnosed Taeeumin Dry-Heat Syndrome(煥熱證). 2. Methods Chronic idiopathic urticaria patient was diagnosed Taeeumin Dry-Heat Syndrome(煥熱證) based on their Nature & Emotion(性情), physical characteristics, symptoms. She was medicated Cheongsimyeonjatang(淸心蓮子湯). 3. Results and Conclusions Chronic idiopathic urticaria patient who was treated with Cheongsimyeonjatang(淸心蓮子湯) showed improvement in urticaria symptom and general condition. This case study describe the effectiveness on Chronic idiopathic urticaria symptom by using Cheongsimyeonjang(淸心蓮子湯).
A Clinical Study of the Undifferentiated Somatoform Disorder Improved with Hyangbujapalmul-tang
Kim, Na-Young ; Choi, In-Ho ; Lim, Chang-Sun ; Shin, Mi-Ran ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 199~207
1. Objectives Sasang Constitutional Medicine is Mind-Body medicine and it is based on difference of Nature & Emotion(性情) & real purpose(恒心). The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effect of Hyangbujapalmul-tang for somatoform disorders and is to drive the importance of psychiatric approach home. 2. Method The subject is about 49-year-old Soeumin patient presumed by Undifferentiated somatoform disorder based on his nature & emotion, physical characteristics, symptoms, and we have prescribed Soeumin Hyangsayangyui-tang, Ceongunggyegi-tang, Hyangbujapalmul-tang. Soeumin Hyangsayangyui-tang was prescribed based on oridinary symptoms(素症), Soeumin Ceongunggyegi-tang was prescribed based on real symptoms(病症), Soeumin Hyangsayangyui-tang was prescribed based on Nature & Emotion(性情) & real purpose(恒心). 3. Result and conclusions In result, Hyangbujapalmul-tang based on Nature & Emotion(性情) & real purpose(恒心) showed best positive response. It is necessary to approach to somatoform disorders not only in clinical view but also in psychiatric view based on Nature & Emotion(性情) & real purpose(恒心)
The Clinical Study on 2 Case of Patient with Tremor
Cho, Jae-Seung ; Yun, Chi-Hye ; Kim, Hyo-Soo ; Kwon, Seung-Man ; Kim, Shin ; Kim, Il-Hwan ; Park, Hye-Sun ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 208~217
1. Background Tremor is a rhythmic, involuntary muscular contraction characterized by oscillations (to-and-fro movements) of a part of the body. Tremor is the common symptom clinically 2. Objectives The purpose of this study is to show a case of tremor patient with tremor improved by Oriental medical treatment which is based on the constitutional medicine. 3. Patient & Methods Patients were diagnosed as Taeumin by physical characteristics, posture, and symptoms and were evaluated with an interview and laboratory tests after Sasang constitutional Medicine 4. Result After Yeoldahanso-tang(熱多寒少湯) medication, Taeumin patients were improved the tremor. 5. Conclusions These case-studies show an efficient result of using Sasang traditional medicine in the treatment of tremor.
A Clinical Study of the Treatment Prescribed Kalkunseunggi-tang for Rectal Tenesmus and Constipation Patient
Yim, Chi-Hye ; Cho, Jae-Seung ; Kim, Hyo-Soo ; Kwon, Seung-Man ; Kim, Shin ; Kim, Il-Hwan ; Park, Hye-Sun ;
Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, volume 20, issue 3, 2008, Pages 218~224
1. Objectives Constipation is a common symptom affecting 16.5% of general population in Korean countries. However, many people are looking for constipation due to the hospital. The clinical studies in herbal medicine to cure rectal tenesmus and constipation caused by the stress of the case. 2. Methods We have tried researching effect of herbal medicines(Chungpyesagan - tang and kalkunseunggi-tang) treatments to Stress caused by Taeumin rectal tenesmus and constipation patient. 3. Results A Taeumin patient diagnosed to rectal tenesmus and constipation was treated with Taeumin herbal medicines (Kalkunseunggi - tang treatments) and change of patient's the feces number of times and abdomen discomfort were improved. 4. Conclusions The cause of constipation variety as was treatments is various. The constitutional treatment with Kalkunseunggi - tang may have an effect on management of constipation. So we report the healing process and results of this patient in this study.