• Title, Summary, Keyword: Strepsils (flurbiprofen)

Search Result 1, Processing Time 0.032 seconds

Flurbiprofen toxicity in 2 dogs (두 마리 개에서의 flurbiprofen 중독 2례)

  • Lee, Ye-Hyun;Nam, Eui-Hwa;Park, Seol-Hee;Song, Chi-Youn;Lee, Yong-Uk;Lee, Jong-Myung;Park, Jung-Hoon;Hwang, Cheol-Yong
    • Korean Journal of Veterinary Research
    • /
    • v.53 no.3
    • /
    • pp.177-180
    • /
    • 2013
  • Two dogs were presented with melena, vomiting and depression after accidental swallowing of candy form of Strepsils (flurbiprofen), which is one of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used in human medicine for controlling a sore throat. These dogs had common signs of anemia induced by gastrointestinal ulceration and hemorrhage with azotemia and leukocytosis. The dogs were treated with blood transfusion, fluid therapy, proton-pump inhibitor, antiemetics, mucus protectant and antibiotic. Although most of clinical signs of two dogs were resolved, azotemic problem with evidence of renal injury have remained.