- Volume 22 Issue 6
The effects of growth temperature and nutritional components on the synthesis of poly-3-hydroxybutyric acid, PHB, by filamentation-suppressed recombinant Escherichia coli XL1-Blue (pSYL107) were studied. After culturing XL1-Blue(pSYL107) for 48 hours in complex medium at 30$\circ$C, 7Al g/l of PHB could be obtained with the PHB content and PHB yield of 82% and 0.371 g PHB/g glucose, respectively. Lower concentration of PHB(3.2 g/l) was obtained when cultu- red at 37$\circ$C, which seemed to be due to the instability of this strain having amplified FtsZ activity. The PHB concentration of 3.75 g/l was obtained after culturing 60 hours in R medium supplemen- ted with 20 g/l glucose at 30$\circ$C, which was more than twice higher than that obtained with XL1-Blue(pSYL105). This suggested that the enhancement of PHB synthesis by suppressing filamenta- tion was more significant in a defined medium than complex medium. PHB synthesis could be further enhanced by supplementing a small amount of various complex nitrogen sources. When 5 g/l of beef extract was added to a defined medium, PHB concentration, PHB content, and PHB yield obtained after 60 hours of cultivation at 30$\circ$C were 7.46 g/l, 86%, and 0.375 g PHB/g glucose,respectively.
- Microbiol. Rev. v.54 Occurrence, metabolism, metabolic role and industrial uses of bacterial polyhydroxyalkanoates Anderson,A.J.;E.A.Dawes
- Trends Biotechnol. v.5 Polymer synthesis by microorganisms: Technology and economics Byrom,D.
- Adv. Biochem. Eng. Biotechnol. Production of poly-(hydroxyalkanoic acid) Lee,S.Y.;H.N.Chang
- Biotechnol. Lett. v.14 Production of poly-β-hydroxybutyrate by fed-batch culture of recombinant Escherichia coli Kim,B.S.;S.Y.Lee;H.N.Chang
- Biotechnol. Lett. v.15 High cell density cultivation of Escherichia coli W using sucrose as a carbon source Lee,S.Y.;H.N.Chang
- 생물공학 News v.1 생분해성 고분자 poly(3-hydroxybutyrate)의 분리정제 한세광;장용근;이상엽
- J. Biotechnol. v.32 Construction of plasmids, estimiation of plasmid stability, and use of stable plasmids for the production of poly(3-hydroxybutyric aicd) in Escherichia coli Lee,S.Y.;K.S.Yim;H.N.Chang;Y.K.Chang
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.44 Comparison of Escherichia coli strains for synthesis and accumulation of poly-(3-hydroxybutyric acid) and morphological changes Lee,S.Y.;K.M.Lee;H.N.Chang;A.Steinbuechel
- Ann NY Acad. Sci. v.721 Production of poly(β-hydroxybutyric acid) by recombinant Escherichia coli Lee,S.Y.;H.N.Chang;Y.K.Chang
- J. Environ. Polymer Degrad v.2 Effect of complex nitrogen source on the synthesis and accumulation of poly(3-hydroxybutyric acid) by recombinant Escherichia coli in flask and fed-batch chltures Lee,S.Y.;Chang,H.N.
- Biotechnol. Lett. Suppression of filamentation in recombinant Escherichia coli by amplified FtsZ activity Lee,S.Y.
- Molecular Cloning A Laboratory Manual(2nd ed.) Sambrook,J.;E.F.Fritsch;T.Maniatis
- Nucleic Acids Res. v.16 High efficiency transformation of Escherichia coli by high voltage electroporation Dower,W.J.;J.F.Miller;C.W.Ragsdale