- Volume 8 Issue 4
When hot-rolled wide flanges are used as vertical compressive or bending member, opening web are often to take a space for equipments of pipe or duct. The Web of hot-rolled wide flange steel with opening may be analyzed as a rectangular plate, subjected to in plane force, and the buckling load is governed by the ultimate force of web. The result of the theory showed close agreement with the result of the finite element analysis. It was also shown that the buckling loads of stiffened opening plates could be larger than those of the plate. The stiffened opening plates for the 4-side simply supported case showed more stiffening effect than the Two Opposite Elastic Supports and Two Other Opposite Simply Supports case. In this study, we proposed the effective opening sizes that buckling loads of stiffened opening plate could be greater than those of the plates.
- Principle of Structural Stability Theory Chajes,A.
- Journal of Structural Division, ASCE v.96 no.ST9 Plastic Behavior of Beams with Reinforced Holes Cordon,J.G.;Redwood,R.G.
- Interoduction to Structural Stability Theory Gerard,G.
- Finite Element Programming Hinton,E.D.;Owen,R.J.
- Hand book of Structural Stability Column Research Commitee of JAPAN
- Computers and Structures v.9 Buckling of Webs with Openings Uenoya,M.
- Journal of the Structural Division v.90 no.ST3 Reinforced Requirement for Girder with Web Opentins Segner,E.P.
- 日本造船學會 講演會 論文集 有限要素法による 平板の 彈塑性 挫屈-補强板- 寺澤一雄
- 圓光大學校 工學技術 開發 硏究所 v.8 彈性支持 補强 長方形板의 挫屈解析에 관한 硏究 이용수;오종섭