- Volume 21 Issue 3
In recent, the demand of mobile communication system is increasing rapidly. However, since wireless resources is limitted, the protocol to utilize wireless resource efficiently is needed. Up to now, Slotted CDMA_ALOHA(S_CDMA_ALOHA) and Mini-Slotted CDMA_ALOHA(MS_CDMA_ALOHA) methods are proposed as a CDMA_ALOHA mechanism, and it is turned out that MS_CDMA_ALOHA offers betterperformance than S_CDMA_ALOHA mechanism. Also, IS-95 multiple access mechanism has been proposed as common air interface(CAI) protocol of CDMA digital cellular system. However, in former study, the performance evaluations were made without considertion of chnnel characteristics of wireless communication environment. In this paper, a new access mechanism for improring the performance in the DS/CDMA digital cellular environment is suggested. This mechanism is adaptive to the channel condition and based on the conventional MS_CDMA_ALOHA mechanism. Also, the performance of new access mechanism is compared with that of conventional mechanisms, through computer simulation. According tot h simulation results, it is shown that the proposed NA_CDMA_ALOHA(Noise-Adaptation CDMA_ALOHA) mechanism offers better performance than conventional three CDMA_ALOHA mechanisms in view of mean delay time and system throughput characteristics. This phenomenon is due to the fast that NA_CDMA_ALOHA mechanism controls the access attempts efficiently based on the channel condition in heavy traffic environments.
- IEEE Trans. Comm. v.COM-30 no.5 Theory of Spread_Spectrum Communication-A Tutorial R. I. Pickholtz
- IEEE Trans. on Veh. Technol. v.40 no.2 On the Capacity of a Cellular CDMA System K. S. Gilhousen, et al.
- IEEE. JSAC v.10 no.6 Spread lotted ALOHA Techniques for Mobile and Personal Satelite Communication Systems Dimitrios Makrahis
- IEEE Trans. on Comm. v.COM-25 no.8 Performance Evaluation for Phases-Coded pread-Spectrum Multiple Access Communication Part2:Code Sequence Analysis M. B. Pusrsley;D. V. Sarwate
- IEEE. on Comm. v.39 no.6 The Effect of Capture on Performance of Multichannel Slotted ALOHA Systems Wuyi Yue
- IEEE Trans. on Comm. v.Com-20 no.6 The Performance of Random Access Packet Switched Code Division Multiple Access Systems D. Raychaudhuri
- IEEE. JSAC v.SAC-5 no.5 Perfect-Capture ALOHA for Local Radio Communication B. Ramamurthi, et al.
- IEEE. JSAC v.SAC-2 no.4 Analysis of Mobile Radio Slotted ALOHA Networks Christian Namislo
- IEEE VTC. '93 Performance Analysis and Simulation of Code Division Multiple Access Cellular Digital Network Zhenshong Zhang, et al.
- JCCI'93 v.3 셀룰러 DS/CDMA시스템의 성능분석 안병양;박상규
- TIA/EIA Interiim Standard IS-95