- Volume 48 Issue 1
Hybrid Optimization Techniques Using Genetec Algorithms for Auto-Tuning Fuzzy Logic Controllers
유전 알고리듬을 이용한 자동 동조 퍼지 제어기의 하이브리드 최적화 기법
- Ryoo, Dong-Wan (Dept.of Electrical Engineering, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Young-Seog (Dept.of Electronics, Youngjin College) ;
- Park, Youn-Ho ;
- Seo, Bo-Hyeok (Dept.of Electronics Electrical Engineering, Kyungpook National University)
- Published : 1999.01.01
This paper proposes a new hybrid genetic algorithm for auto-tuning fuzzy controllers improving the performance. In general, fuzzy controllers use pre-determined moderate membership functions, fuzzy rules, and scaling factors, by trial and error. The presented algorithm estimates automatically the optimal values of membership functions, fuzzy rules, and scaling factors for fuzzy controllers, using a hybrid genetic algorithm. The object of the proposed algorithm is to promote search efficiency by the hybrid optimization technique. The proposed hybrid genetic algorithm is based on both the standard genetic algorithm and a modified gradient method. If a maximum point is not be changed around an optimal value at the end of performance during given generation, the hybrid genetic algorithm searches for an optimal value using the the initial value which has maximum point by converting the genetic algorithms into the MGM(Modified Gradient Method) algorithms that reduced the number of variables. Using this algorithm is not only that the computing time is faster than genetic algorithm as reducing the number of variables, but also that can overcome the disadvantage of genetic algoritms. Simulation results verify the validity of the presented method.
- IEEE Tr. on SMC v.25 no.3 A new methodology for designing a fuzzy logic controller Han-Xiong L.;Gatland H. B.
- 1st IEEE Int. Conf. Fuzzy Syst. Fuzz-IEEE '92-Proc. An algorithm for automat ed fuzzy logic controller tuning S.M. simith;D.J. Comer
- IEEE Trans.on Systems, Man and Cybernetics v.21 no.5 Design of a fuzzy controller using input and output mapping factor G.M. Abdelnour;C.H. Chang;F.H. Huang;J.Y. Cheung
- 2nd IEEE Int. Conf. Fuzzy Syst. A practical computer-aided tuning technique for fuzzy control L.Zheng
- 1st IEEE Int. Conf. Fuzzy Syst. Computer aided tuning and validation of fuzzy system A.Boscolo;F. Drius
- M.S Thesis, Univ. Calif. Computer aided design of control systems using simulated annealing A. Karimi
- Genetic algorithms in search, optimization and machine learing Golderg D. E.
- GeneticAlgorithms+DataStructures=Evolution Programs Z. Michalewicz
- Genetic Algorithms And Engineering Design M. Runwei Cheng.
- IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems v.3 no.2 Simultaneous Design of Membership Functions and Rule Sets for Fuzzy Controllers Using Genetic Algorithms A.Homaifar;Ed McCormick
- IEEE Trans. on systems, Man and Cybernetics v.24 no.1 Genetic-Based new fuzzy reasoning models with application to fuzzy control D. Park;A. Kandel