- Volume 48 Issue 8
A Study on the High Performance Slip Power Recovery System in Induction Motor
유도전동기의 고성능 슬립전력 회수방식에 대한 연구
- Park, Han-Ung (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Republic of Korea Naval Academy) ;
- Park, Seong-Jin ;
- An, Jin-U ;
- Park, Jin-Gil ;
- Kim, Cheol-U (Dept.of Electronics Engineering, Busan National University) ;
- Hwang, Myeong-Mun (Dept.of Electronics Engineering, Busan National University)
- 박한웅 (해군사관학교 전기공학과) ;
- 박성진 (거제대 전기과) ;
- 안진우 (경성대 전기공학과) ;
- 박진길 (한국해양대 기관학과) ;
- 김철우 (부산대 전기공학과) ;
- 황명문 (부산대 전기공학과)
- Published : 1999.08.01
Among the variable-speed AC motor drive systems, the static slip power recovery system has been widely adopted in large power drives because a high efficiency drive can be obtained by recovering the slip power to the AC line. Although many improvements have been made in this system, several problems also remain such as the need of transformer in inverter AC side, which results in limiting speed control range and increasing the losses, production of reactive power by the control of inverter firing angle, harmonics in line currents, and so on. This paper presents the novel high performance slip power recovery system using the boost converter and small size filter in the rotor circuit, which recovers slip power of a wound rotor induction machine to AC supply efficiently with the aid of the boost converter, in which most of the problems in conventional system can be solved. The speed can be controlled by the duty ratio of the converter switch, not by inverter firing angle. As a results, the proposed system can operate in high power factor and the harmonic currents caused by the inverter and rectifier can be considerably suppressed. The validity of the proposed system verified by demonstrating the good agreement in the simulation and experimental results.
- IEEE Trans. v.PAS-87 The Through-pass Inverter and its Application to the Speed Control of Wound Rotor Induction Machines P. N. Miljanic
- IEEE Trans., IGA v.5 Slip Power Recovery in an Induction Motor by the Use of a Thyristor Inverter W. Shepherd;J. Stanway
- J. Elec. Eng. Jpn. v.96 Speed Control of Wound Rotor Type Induction Motor by Thyristor Kramer System Miyata, T.
- IEEE Trans. v.EC-11 A Novel Double-Circuit-Rotor Balanced Induction Motor For Improved Slip-Energy Recovery Drive Performance W. S. Zakaria;S. R. Alwash;A. A. Shaltout
- International Conference on Electrical Machines Digital Computation of Transients in a Static Slip-energy Recovery Drive V. N. Mittle;K. Venkatesan;S. C. Gupta
- IEEE Trans., PAS v.98 Switching Transients in Static Slip-Energy Recovery Drive V. N. Mittle;K. Venkatesan;S. C. Gupta
- IEEE Trans., Energy Conversion v.3 no.2 Reference Frame Analysis of a Slip Energy Recovery System P. C. Krause;O. Wasynzuck;M. S.Hildebrandt
- Proc. IEE v.133 no.4 Application of a Power Chopper to the Thyristor Scherbius Taniguchi, K.;Mori, H.
- Proc. IEE v.134 no.4 High-performance Slip-power Recovery Induction Motor Taniguchi, K.;Takeda, Y.;Hirasa, H.
- IEEE Trans., Power Electron. v.6 no.1 An Active Power Factor Crrection Technique for Three-phase Diode Rectifiers A. R. Prasad;P. D. Ziogas
- IEEE Trans., Power Electron. v.11 no.4 Progammable Input Power Factor Correction Method for Switch-Mode Rectifiers M. S. Dawande;G. K. Dubey