- Volume 9 Issue 6
We carried out immunoblot analyses to study expression and subcellular distribution of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor(NR) subunits in salmon (Chum Salmon, Oncorhynchus keta). We prepared subcellular fractions such as brain homogenates, synaptosomes, and postsynaptic density (PSD) from salmon brains, and analyzed protein compositions by SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE). In a Coomassie-stained 6% SDS-gel, about 20 distinct major protein bands could be identified in the PSD fraction. Immunoblot analyses using antibodies against rat NR subunit 2A and 2B antigens (NR2A and NR2B, respectively) showed weak but evident signals at the 180 kDa positions in the salmon PSD fractions. However, in contrast to rat NRs, the salmon NR2A and NR2B are not recognized by a phosphotyrosine-specific antibody suggesting that the salmon NRs are regulated differently from those of the rat by protein tyrosine kinases. Our results indicate that NR2A and NR2B subunits are expressed in the salmon PSD fraction but not regulated by tyrosine phosphorylation.
- Zool. Sci. v.14 Distribution and function of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) in the teleost brain Amano, M.;A. Urano;K. Aida
- Olfactory imprinting and Homing in Salmon Hasler, A. D.;A. T. Scholz
- J. Biol. Chem. v.268 Molecular characterization of the family of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunits Ishii, T.;K. Moriyoshi;H. Sugihara;K. Sakurada;H. Kadotani;M. Yokoi;C. Akazawa;R. Shigemoto;N. Mizuno;M. Masu;S. Nakanish
- North Pacific Anad. Fish Comm. Bull. v.1 Dynamics of chum salmon, Oncorhynchus keta, populations released from Hokkaido, Japan Kaeriyama, M.
- Nature v.227 Cleavage of of structural protein during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4 Laemmli, M. K.
- Science v.256 Heteromeric NMDA receptors: molecular and functional distinction of subtypes Monyer, H.;R. Sprengel;R. Schoepfer;A. Herb;M. Higuchi;H. Lomeli;N. Burnashev;B. Sakman;P. H. Seeburg
- Mol. & Cells v.5 Immunological Evidence for the Enrichment of N-methyl-D-aspartate Receptor Subunit 2A in the Rat Postsynaptic Density Moon, I. S.;D. H. Jin;B. H. Ko
- Mol. & Cells v.5 Phosphorylation of N-methyl-D-aspartate Receptor Subunit 2B by Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent Protein Kinase Ⅱ Moon, I. S.;D. H. Jin;B. H. Ko
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA v.91 The major tyrosinephosphorylated protein in the postsynaptic density fraction is N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 2B Moon, I. S.;M. L. Apperson;M. B. Kennedy
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA v.91 Evidence for a peripheral olfactory memory in imprinted salmon Nevitt, G. A.;A. H. Dittman;T. P. Quinn;W. J. Moody
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA v.91 Depamine alters glutamate receptor desensitization in retinal horizontal cells of the perch(Perca fluviatilis) Schmidt, K. F.;M. Kruse;H. Hatt
- Trans. Am. Fish. Soc. v.107 Scholz, A. T.;C. K. Gross;J. C. Cooper;R. M. Horral;A. D. Hasler;R. L. Daly;R. J. Poff
- Trends in Neuroscience v.16 The molecular biology of mammalian glutamate receptor channels Seeburg, P. H.
- Neural Models of Plasticity Squire, L. R.;A. P. Shimamure;D. G. Amaral;W. B. J. Byrne(ed.)
- Newroscience v.49 Characterization of L-Glutamate and Kainate binding sites in the Brain of a freshwater fish, Telapilia monsanbica Tong, C. K.;P. P. Pan;Y. C. Chang
- North Pacific Anad. Fish Comm. Bull. v.1 Correlations between homing, migration, and reproduction of chum salmon Ueda, H.
- 化學と生物 v.35 サケはなぜ海に下ってまた歸ってくるのか 生田和正