- Volume 28 Issue 2
Nitrite Scavenging Effect of Methaol Fraction Obtained from Green Yellow Vegetable Juices
녹즙추출물의 아질산염 소거능에 대한 연구
- Chung, So-Yong (Dept. of Food Evaluation, Korea Food and Drug Administration) ;
- Kim, Nak-Kyung (Dept. of Food Evaluation, Korea Food and Drug Administration) ;
- Yoon, Sun (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Yonsei University)
- Published : 1999.04.01
The objectives of this study were to investigate biological activities such as nitrite scavenging effect of water and methanol fractions obtained from each green juice(Angelica keiskei, kale, carrot) under different pH conditions, and antioxidant vitamin contents in green juice made of green yellow vegetables. The result shows that nitrite scavenging effect of each green juice was 14.0~91.2% in model system. The methanol fraction provided higher effect than the water fraction. The nitrite degradation was the highest at pH 1.2. Nitrite scavenging effect of methanol fraction obtained from kale juice was 91.2% at pH 1.2 which was the highest among tested samples in this experiments. Consequently, extracts of kale juice were shown to provide the greatest functional properties among the vegetables tested. Contents of vitamine E and C in the extracts of kale were higher than the others.
- Mutation Research v.202 Inhibition of endogenous nitrosation: Mechanism and implications in human cancer preention Bartsh, H.;Ohshima, H.;Pignatell, B.
- Encyclopedia of food science food technology and nutrition v.5 Macrae, R.;Robinson, R. K.;Sadler, M. J.
- Cancer Surveys v.8 Mechanisms of endogenous nitrosation Leaf, C. D.;Wishnok, J. S.;Tannenbaum, S. R.
- Fd. Cosmet. Toxicol. v.7 Formation of N-nitrosamines from secondary amines and nitrite in human and animal gastric juice Sen, N. P.;Smith, D. C.;Schwinghamer, L.
- Annu. Rev. Nutr. v.12 Dietary carotenes, vitamin C and vitamin E as protective antioxidants in human cancers Byers, T.;Perry, G.
- J. Food Science v.40 Inhibition of N-nitrosamine formation in model food systems Gray, J. I.;Dugan, J. R.
- Cancer Surveys v.8 N-nitroso compound formation in human gastric juice Kyrtopoulos, S. A.
- Cancer Surveys v.8 Are nitrates a signigicant risk factor in human cancer? Forman, D.
- Agric. Bio. Chem. v.51 Inhibition of nitrosamine formation by nondealyzable melanoidins Kato, H.;Lee, I. E.;Chuyen, N. V.;Kim, S. B.;Hayase, F.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.28 The nitrite scavenging and electron donating ability of phenolic compounds(in Korean) Kang, Y. H.;Park, Y. K.;Lee, G. D.
- Bull. Korean Fish, Soc. v.20 Degradation of carcinogenic nitrosamine formation factor by natural food components (in Korean) Kim, D. S.;Ahn, B. W.;Yeum, D. M.;Lee, D. W.;Kim, S. T.;Park, Y. H.
- Encyclopedia of food science food technology and nutrtion v.1 Macrae, R. G.;Robinson, R. K.;Sadler, M. J.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.28 Nitritereacting substances in Japanese radish juice and their inhibition of nitrosamini formation Kurech, T.;Kikugawa, K.;Fukuda, S.
- Food and fermentation Industry v.2 Elinination of actrve free radicals and nitrte by some fresh fruits and vegetables Ning, Z. X.;Zhang, S. H.;Gao, J. H.;Mo, L.;Chen, H.;Hang, q. B.;Cai, Y. C.
- Food standard code(Seperated volume) The ministry of Health and Welfare
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.25 Effects of hot taste preference on food intake pattern, serum lipid and antioxidative vitamin levels in Korean college students(in Korean) Yu, R.;Kim, J. M.;Han, I. S.;Kim, B. S.;Lee, S. H.;Kim, M. H.;Cho, S. H.
- Official method of analysis. 16th ed. AOAC
- J. Food Hygienic Society of Japan v.34 Preparation of sample solution for determination of nitrate and nitrite in various foods by colorimetry and ion chromatography Sumiko, T.;Tadashi, S.;Masuni, E.;Katuhiko, I.;Katutoshi, S.;Yoshio, I.