- Volume 29 Issue 3
A mixed model with a white noise process and an IMA(0,1,1) process is considered as a process model. It is assumed that the process is a white noise in the absence of a special cause and the process changes to an IMA(0,1,1) due to a special cause. One useful scheme in measuring the process level is to use the variable measurement interval (VMI) between measurement times according to the value of the previous chart statistic. The advantage of the VMI scheme is to measure the process level infrequently when in control to save the measurement cost and to measure frequently when out of control to save the off-target cost. This paper considers the VMI scheme in order to detect changes in the process model from a white noise to an IMA(0,1,1). The VMI scheme is shown to be effective compared to the standard fixed measurement interval (FMI) scheme in both statistical and economic contexts.
- Technometrics v.34 no.3 Statistical Process Control and Feedback Adjustment-A Discussion Box, G.E.P.;Kramer, T.
- Technometrics v.36 no.4 Selection of Sampling Interval and Action Limit for Discrete Feedback Adjstment Box, G.E.P.;Luceno, A.
- Statistical Control by Measurement and Feedback Adjustment Box, G.E.P.;Luceno, A.
- Journal of the American Statistical Association v.51 The Economic Design of X Control Charts to Maintain Current Control of a Process Duncan, A. J.
- Journal of Quality Technology v.30 Combining SPC and EPC in a Hybrid Industry Janakiram, M.;Keats, J.B.
- Technometrics v.28 no.1 The Economic Design of Control Charts: a Unified Approach Lorenzen, T.J.;Vance, L.C.
- ASQ Statistics Division Newsletter v.18 no.1 A Perspective on Models and the Quality Sciences : Some Challenges and Future Directions Montgomery, D.C.
- Journal of Quality Technology v.26 Integrating Statistical Process Control and Engineering Process Control Montgomery, D.C.;Keats, J.B.;Runger, G.C.;Messina, W.S.
- Journal of Quality Technology v.30 no.3 Integrated Process Control for Startup Operations Nembhard, H.B.;Mastrangelo, C.M.
- Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation v.23 no.2 Economic Design of a Variable Sample Size X Charts Park, C.;Reynolds, M.R., Jr.
- Journal of Quality Technology v.31 no.4 Economic Design of a Variable Sampling Rates X Chart Park, C.;Reynolds, M.R., Jr
- Journal of Quality Technology v.26 no.3 A Combined Adaptive Sample Size and Sampling Inetrval X Control Scheme Prabhu, S.S.;Montgomery, D.C.;Runger, G.C.
- Sequential Analysis v.8 no.4 Optimal Variable Sampling Interval Cotnrol Charts Reynolds, M.R., Jr.
- Technometrics v.32 no.4 CUSUM Charts with Variable Sampling Intervals Reynolds, M.R., jr,;Amin, R.W.;Arnold, J.C.
- Technometrics v.30 no.2 X Charts with Variable Sampling Intervals Reynolds, M.R., jr,;Amin, R.W.;Arnold, J.C.;Nachlas, J.A.
- Technometrics v.31 Economic Statistical Control Charts Design with an Application to X and R Charts Saniga, E. M.
- Technometrics v.38 Processes That Wander Using Integrated Moving Average Models Vander Wiel, S.A.
- Technometrics v.34 no.3 Algorithmic Statistical Process Control: Concepts and an Application Vander Wiel, S.A.;Tucker, W.T.;Faltin, F.W.;Doganaksoy, N.