- Volume 11 Issue 4
The chemical forms of calcium compounds in perilla leaves and their changes after harvest were investigated. The four types of calcium compounds extracted were as follows: water soluble calcium(F-I: mainly water soluble organic acid salts and calcium ion), IN-sodium chloride soluble calcium(F-II: calcium-pectate and calcium-carbonate), 2%-acetic acid soluble calcium(F-III: calcium-phosphate), and 5%-hydrochloric acid soluble calcium(F-IV: calcium-oxalate). The calcium content of perilla leaves was not found to vary with their age. Relatively high levels of F-l (28.4~39.5) and F-II (34.4~47.4) were found in young and mature leaves while the F-IV constituted 15.6~21.6% of the total calcium. The F-IV calcium contents of perilla. spinach and jaso were 16.8, 42.4 and 22.3%, respectively. In contrast to calcium. magnesium existed as water soluble magnesium at the highest content of 90.6% in spinach while 62.9% and 16.8% of the total magnesium existed as water soluble magnesium in perilla and jaso, repectively. The change in vitamin C and F-IV calcium content were examined for 7 days after harvest. Vitamin C content decreased slowly at the beginning but rapidly from the 4th day after harvest. On the other hand, the F-IV calcium content increased slowly at the beginning and rapidly from the 4th day of observation. This result suggests that the increase in F-IV calcium is related to the decrease in vitamin C content. This phenomena was more distinctly observed at 2
- J.of the East Asian of Dietary Life v.7 no.3 A Study on the Preference for Calcium Source Foods and Ca Intake of High School and College Students in Daegu Area Han;J.S.;Lee;Y.J.;Choi;Y.H.;Song;J.E.;Kweon;S.H.
- J.of the East Asian of Dietary Life v.7 no.4 A Study on the Preference for Calcium Source Foods Middle School in Daegu Area Han;J.S.;Choi;Y.H.;Kim;H.I.
- Korean J.Soc.Food Sci. v.14 no.1 A Study on the Preference for Calcium Intake of a Middle-Aged People Han;J.S.;Lee;Y.J.;Choi;Y.H.
- Clin.Nutr. v.50 Calcium supplimentation and bone loss middle-aged women Smith;E.S.;Gillian;E.G.;Smith;P.E.;Sempos;C.T.
- Nutr.Rev. v.51 no.6 Calcium requirements for growth Matkovic;V.;Ilich;J.Z.
- Am.J.Clin.Nutr. v.66 Calcium and magnesium balance in 9-14-y-old children Abrams;S.A.;Grusak;M.A.;Stuff;J.;O'Brien;K.O.
- J.Intern.Med. v.236 Relation between calcium intake,grip strength and bone mineral density in the forearms of girls aged 13 and15 Kristinsson;J.O.;Valdimarson;O.;Steingrimsdottir;L.;Sigurdsson;G.
- Annu.Rev.Nutr. v.13 Nutritional factors in osteoporosis Heaney;R.P.
- 野菜の科學 高官和彦
- J.Japan.Soc.Hort.Sci. v.54 no.4 Forms of Calcium Compounds and Their Changes after Harvest in Fruits and Vegetables Minamide;T.;Goto;C.;Iwata;T.
- J.Japan.Soc.Hort.Sci. v.56 no.1 Changes in Forms of Calcium in Tamato Fruit during Ripening Minamide;T.;Ueda;Y.;Iwata;T.
- 食品學總論 加朦保子外
- 匕夕ミンの分析 高居百合子 岩尾裕之
- 原子吸光分析法 鈴木正己