- Volume 30 Issue 3
Seasonal succession of algae and water quality parameters were studied in artificial reservoirs in Daegu city from 2000 to 2001. The algal succession was evaluated with respect to dom-inant class and their frequencies. Succession order of algae in two reservoirs was : Bacillariophyceae longrightarrow Chlo-rophyceae longrightarrow Cyanobacteria longrightarrow Bacillariophyceae longrightarrow Bacillariophyceae longrightarrow Cyanobacteria longrightarrow Cyanobacteria longrightarrow Cyanobacteria. This succession order was different from other studies. The local environment condition maybe affects the succession of algae in these reservoirs. As result of correlation analysis between algal biom-ass and water quality parameters, we got low correlation coefficients. Also we got low correlation coefficients between chlorophyll-a and algal biomass. Between chlorophyll-a and water quality parameters, we got high correlation coefficients. An approach having attention to cell biovolume rather than cell number is made to understand the algal community and the ecosystem of reservoir.
- Arch. Hydrobiol. v.89 Eutrophication parameters and trophic state indices in 30 Swedish waste-receiving lakes Forsberg, C.;S. O. Ryding
- J. KSWPRC. v.8 Seasonal succession of phytoplankton in some artificial lakes of korea Hae-Kyung Park;We-Uk Cheon;Seung-Ik Park;Mun-Ho Lee;Jae-Keun Ryu
- A treatise on limnology Hutchinson,G.E.
- Illustration of the freshwater algae of Korea Jung, J.
- Water quality pollution examination method MOE
- Am. Midl. Nat. v.10 Diversity in freshwater phytoplankton Moss, B.
- Kimnol. & Oceanogr. v.27 no.2 Blue-green algae scums : An explanation for their occurrence during freshwater blooms Paerl H. W.;J. F. Ustach https://doi.org/10.4319/lo.1982.27.2.0212
- Freshwater. Bio. v.14 Phytoplankton periodicity: Interactions of function and environmental variability Reynolds,C.S. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2427.1984.tb00027.x
Proc. 2nd Annu. Conf. N. Am. Lake Manage. Soc.
Blue-green dominance in lakes; The role and management significance of pH and
$CO_2$. In Lake Restoration, protection, and Management Shapiro,J.
- The fresh-water algae of the United States(2nd ed.) Smith, G. M.
- SPSS Base 8.0 Application Guide SPSS
- Illustrations of te freshwater plankton of Japan Toshihiko M.
- OECD Technical Report Scientific fundamentals of the eutrophication of lakes and flowing waters, with particular reference to nitrogen and phosphorus as factors in eutrophication Vollenweider,R.A.