- Volume 15 Issue 6
Characterization and Prediction of Elastic Constants of Twisted Yarn Composites
Twisted Yarn 복합재료의 물성치 시험 및 탄성계수 예측
- 변준형 (한국기계연구원 재료기술연구소 복합재료그룹) ;
- 이상관 (한국기계연구원 재료기술연구소 복합재료그룹) ;
- 엄문광 (한국기계연구원 재료기술연구소 복합재료그룹) ;
- 김태원 (한국기계연구원 재료기술연구소 복합재료그룹) ;
- 배성우 (한국기계연구원 재료기술연구소 복합재료그룹)
- Published : 2002.12.01
A stiffness model has been proposed to predict elastic constants of twisted yam composites. The model is based upon the unit cell structure, the coordinate transformation, and the volume averaging of compliance constants for constituent materials. For the correlation of analytic results with experiments, composite samples of various yam twist angles were tested, and strength and Young's modulus under tensile, compressive, and shear loading have been obtained. The sample was fabricated by the RTM process using glass yarns and epoxy resin. The correlations of elastic constants showed relatively good agreements. The model provides the predictions of the three-dimensional engineering constants, which are valuable input data for the analytic characterization of textile composites made of twisted yam.
- Journal of Composite Materials v.24 Mode Ⅰ Delamination of a Three-Dimensional Fabric Composites Byun, J.-H.;Gillespie, Jr., J. W.;Chou, T-W.
- Journal of Textile Institute v.49 The Mechanics of Twisted Yarn: The Influence of Transverse Forces on Tensile Behavior Hearle, J.W.S.
- Journal of Textile Institute v.54 A Theory of the Stress-Strain Properties of Continuous Filament Yarn Treloar, L.R.G.;Riding, G.
- Microstructural Design of Fibrous Composites Chou, T-W.
- Theory of Elasticity of an Anisotropic Elastic Body Lekhniskii, S. G.
- Engineering Mechanics of Composite Materials Daniel, I. M.;Ishai, O.