- Volume 19 Issue 1
Recently consideration of health and interest on bio aerosols have been growing steadily. In this study, inertial impactor, which can be used to collect airborne particles and bio aerosols, was newly devised for real-time observation on the particles collected on impaction plate. and named Visual Impactor. Flow field and particle trajectory in the space between nozzle and impaction plate was analyzed numerically, and the collection effciencies were calculated. Calibration and performance evaluation of the Visual Impactor was conducted with polydisperse aerosols generated from 0.1％ sodium chloride solution. Cut-off diameter from numerical simulation was in good agreement with that from experimental results. Because of particle bounce and particle deposition on nozzle tip due to short jet-to-plate distance, the collection efficiencies from numerical and experimental analyses were different slightly. Visual Impactor was used to collect airborne particles, and the features of collected particles could be seen in real-time. Airborne particles in different weather conditions (fine, cloudy, and rainy) were sampled and compared one another The features of collected airborne particles were dependent strongly upon relative humidity. In addition, with hours elapsing, shapes and colors of collected particles were changed by evaporation and surface tension, etc.
- 한양대학교 석사학위논문 임계 오리피스를 통과한 입자의 운동특성에 관한 수치적 연구 안진홍
- 한양대학교 석사학위논문 단면적이 변하는 단열팽창 모세관 내에서의 입자 응축 성장에 관한 수치적 연구 우동우
- J. of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment v.15 no.6 Colection charac-teristics of a MOUDI casade impactor for coarse particles Bae, G. N.;J. H. Ji;K. C. Moon
- J. of A cascade Science and Technology v.29 A cascade impactor for mineral parti-cle analysis Dias da Cunha K.;J. L. Lipsztein;C. P. Fang;C. V. Barros Leite
- Smoke, Dust and Haze Freidlander, S. K.
- J. of Aerosol Science and Technology v.22 A field intercomparison of three cascade impactors Howell, S.;A. A. P. Pszenny;P. Quinn;B. Hubert
- Foundations of Colloid Science Hunter, R. J.
- Am. Ind. Hyg. Assoc. J. v.45 no.6 Calibration and field application of a Sierra model 235 cascade impactor Knuth, R. H. https://doi.org/10.1080/15298668491400007
- J. of Aerosol Science and Technology v.30 Sampling performance of impactors for bacterial bioacerosols Li, C. S.;Y. C. Lin https://doi.org/10.1080/027868299304633
- J. of Aerosol Science and Technology v.31 Sampling performance of im-pactors for fungal spores and yeast cells Li, C. S.;Y. C. Lin https://doi.org/10.1080/027868299304273
- University of Minnesota A fundamental study of inerital impac-tors, Ph. D. disseration Marple, V. A.
- In aerosol measurement Marple, V. A.;K. Willeke;D. A.;Lundgren et al.(Eds.)
- J. of Aerosol Science and Technology v.14 A microori-fice uniform deposit impactro(MOUDI): descrip-tion, calibration and use Marple, V. A.;K. L. REubow;S. M. Behm https://doi.org/10.1080/02786829108959504
- Numerical heat transfer and fluid flow Patankar, S. V.
- J. of Aerosol Science and Technology v.4 Effect of ultra-Stokesian drag and particle interception on impaction charac-teristics Rader, D. J.;V. A. Marple https://doi.org/10.1080/02786828508959044
- J. of Aerosol Science and Technology v.14 Stage response calibration of the MarkⅢ and Marple personal cascade impac-tors Rader, D. J.;L. A. Mondy;J. E. Brockmann;D. A. Lucero;K. L. Rubow https://doi.org/10.1080/02786829108959499
- Aerosol Science and Technology, 2nd Edi tion Reist, P. C.
- J. of Aerosol Science and Technology v.27 Measurement of water vapor sorption by single biological aerosols Rubel, G. O. https://doi.org/10.1080/02786829708965488
- J. of Aerosol Science and Tec-hnology v.34 Collection of bioaerosol parti-cles by impaction: Effect of fungal spore agglom-eration and bounce Trunov, M.;S. Trakumas;K. Willeke;S. A. Grinshpum;T. Reponen https://doi.org/10.1080/02786820121411