- Volume 7 Issue 6
Traditional nonlinear static and dynamic analyses do not accurately estimate the energy dissipation capacity of reinforced concrete structure. Recently, simple equations which can accurately calculate the energy dissipation capacity of flexure-dominated RC members, were developed in the companion study. In the present study, nonlinear static and dynamic analytical methods improved using the energy-evaluation method were developed. For nonlinear static analysis, the Capacity Spectrum Method was improved by using the energy-spectrum curve newly developed. For nonlinear dynamic analysis, a simplified energy-based cyclic model of reinforced concrete member was developed. Unlike the existing cyclic models which are the stiffness-based models, the proposed cyclic model can accurately estimate the energy dissipating during complete load-cycles. The procedure of the proposed methods was established and the computer program incorporating the analytical method was developed. The proposed analytical methods can estimate accurately the energy dissipation capacity varying with the design parameters such as shape of cross-section, reinforcement ratio and arrangement, and can address the effect of the energy dissipation capacity on the structural performance under earthquake load.
- ATC, "Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Concrete Buildings," ATC-40 Report, Applied Technology Council, Redwood City, California, 1996.
- Building Seismic Safety Council, “NEHRP guidelines for the seismic rehabilitation of buildings," FEMA-273, Federal Emergency Management Council, Washington, D.C, 1997.
- Allahabadi, R. and Powell, G. H., “DRAlN-2DX User Guide," Earthquake Engineering Rearsearch Center, Report No. UCB/EERC-88/06, Mar., 1988.
- 엄태성, 박홍근, "휨핀칭과 에너지 소산능력", 한국콘크리트학회 논문집, 8월
- 엄태성, 박홍근, "비선형 시간이력해석에 의한 벽식 아파트의 내진 안전성 검토", 한국지진공학회 학술발표논문집, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 248-255.
- Krawinkler, H. and Seneviratna, G.D.P.K., “Pros and cons of a pushover analysis of seismic performance evaluation," Engineering Structures, Vol. 20, Nos. 4-6, 1998, pp. 452-464. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(97)00092-8
- Elnashai, A. S., "Advanced inelastic static(pushover) analysis for earthquake applications," Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 12, No. 1, 2001, pp. 51-69. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2001.12.1.051
- 엄태성, 박홍근, "휨지배 철근콘크리트 부재의 에너지 소산량 평가 방법", 한국콘크리트학회 논문집, Vol. 14, No. 4, 2002, pp. 566-577.
- Takeda, T., Sozen, M. A. and Nielson, N. N., "Reinforced Concrete Response to Simulated Earthquakes," Journal of Structural Engineering Division, ASCE, Vol.96, No.ST12, Dec. 1970, pp. 2557-2573.
- Chopra, Anil K., Dynamics of Structures:theory and applications to earthquake engineering, Prentice Hall, 2001.