- Volume 14 Issue 1
Many studies have been widely carried out to find out new compound having anti-cancer activity from animals and plants. Some plants have been reported to have anti-lancer effects. However, the anti-cancer effect of edible plants were seldomly evaluated. Therefore we investigated the anticancer effects of edible plants (10 samples) easily available around us by measuring number of survival cancer cells after treatment with direct cell counting and MTT analysis, and by examining the morphological change under the electromicroscope. Of the 10 samples tested, Equisetum arvense L., Lactuca dentata Mokino. var. faviflora Makino. showed moderate anti-cancer effects even at the concentration of 10
- Cell culture for biochemists. Adam,R.L.
- Science v.221 Dietary carcinogens and anticarcinogens: Oxygen radicals and degenerative disease Ames,B.N. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.6351251
- A color atlas and instruction mannual of peripheral blood cell morphology Barbara;H.O'Connor
- Cancer Res. v.47 Evaluation of a tetrazolium based semiautomated colorimetric assay: Assessment of chemosensitivity testing Carmichael,J.;W.C.Degraff;A.Grazdar;J.D.Minna;J.Mitchell
- J. Exp. Med. v.15 On the permanent life of tissue outside the organism Carrel,A. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.15.5.516
- Kor. J. Clin. Pharm. v.9 Anti-proliferating effects of some plants on the Hepatoma cell Chung,Y.Z.;U.J.Lee
- J. Immunol. Meth. v.89 Rapid colorimetric assay for cell growth and survival : Modification to the tetrazolium dye procedure giving inproved sensitivity and reliability Denizot,F.;R.Lang https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1759(86)90368-6
- Culture of animal cells - A manual of basic technique. Freshney R. Ian
- Kor. J. Pharmacogn. v.21 Assay of antimutagenic activities of vegetable plants Seo,J.S.;Y.W.Lee;N.J.Suh;I.M.Chang
- Cancer v.49 Mutagen, carcinogens and tumor promotors in our dairy food Sugimura,T. https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-0142(19820515)49:10<1970::AID-CNCR2820491005>3.0.CO;2-F
- Cancer Res. v.43 Mutagens-carcinogens in foods Sugimura,T.;S.Sato
- J. Cell. Biol. v.17 Qualitative studies of the growth of mouse embryo cells in culture and their development into established lines Todaro,G.J.;H.Green https://doi.org/10.1083/jcb.17.2.299
- Cancer Res. v.43 Inhibition of neoplasia by minor dietary constituents Wattenberg,L.W.
- Cancer Res. v.45 Chemoprevention of cancer Wattenberg,L.W. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0065-230X(08)60265-1