- Volume 20 Issue 6
A Survey on Chinese in Beijing and Shanghai Perception and Preference for Korean Kimchi
중국 북경.상해지역의 김치에 대한 인식과 기호도
- Han, Jae-Sook (Uiduk University) ;
- Han, Gyeong-Phil (Division of Foodservice Industry, Uiduk University) ;
- Han, Gab-Jo (Division of Foodservice Industry, Uiduk University) ;
- Kim, Young-Jin (Korea Food Research Institute)
- Published : 2005.12.31
This study was carried out to investigate Chinese in Beijing and Shanghai perception and preference for Korean Kimchi. The results were as follows: A questionnaire was examined on male 145(45.7%) and female 172(54.3%) of residing in Beijing, and on male 139(49.5%) and female 142(50.5%) of residing in Shanghai. In foods of eating with Kimchi resulted the highest Chinese foods 40.3% on male, and Korean. Chinese foods 25.3% on female in Beijing(p< .05), Korean, Chinese foods 26.7% and 25.3% on male respectively, and Korean foods 50.7% on female in Shanghai. In Kimchi used dishes Beijing resulted high Kimchi Ramyon 61.5%, Kimchi Kuk 51.3%, and Kimchi Chigae 44.9%, and Shanghai were Kimchi Ramyon 51.2%, Kimchi Kuk 41.3%, and Kimchi Fried Rice 22.4% in order. In evaluation by kinds of Kimchi, the taste resulted high onion juice Kimchi(M=6.55) of the third days, and overall acceptability resulted high onion juice Kimchi(M=6.18) of the third days, similary in Beijing, and Kimchi added in shrimp(M=5.70) of two days, and overall acceptability resulted high Kimchi added in shrimp(M=5.70) of the third days, similary in Shanghai. In Sensory evaluation by used Kimchi, the taste resulted high in the order of Kimchi Fried Rice and Chinese style Kimchi Fried Pork(M=6.27), and overall acceptability resulted Kimchi Fried Udong(M=6.40), Chinese style Kimchi Fried Pork(M=6.27), Kimchi Dumpling(M=6.20) in Beijing, and Kimchi Chige(M=6.70), Kimchi Fried Rice(M=6.67) and Kimchi Pancake(M=6.44), and overall acceptability resulted Kimchi Fried Udong, Kimchi Chige(M=6.50), Kimchi Fried Rice and Kimchi Pancake(M=6.44) in Shanghai.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.54 Inhibitory effect of lactic acid bacteria from fermented milk on the mutagenicities of volatile nitrosamines Hosono, A.;Wardojo, R.;Othani, H. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.54.1639
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.16 Effect of ascorbic acid on the degradation of aflatoxin B1 (in korean) Park, K.Y.;Kweon, M.H.
- J. Korean Cancer Assoc. v.27 A study on concentration of carotenoids and-tocopherol in mucosa of the garlic cancer patients ( in korean) Lee, Y.K.;Yeum, K.J.;Lee, K.S.;Park, I.S.;Song, S.Y.;Lee, Y.C.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.40 Content of potentially anticarcinogenic flavonoids of 28 vegetables and 9 fruits commonly consumed in the Nertherlands Hertog, M.G.L.;Hollman, P.C.H.;Katan, M.B. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00024a011
- Food Biotech. v.4 Antimutagenic effect of Kimchi Park, K.Y.;Baek, K.A.;Rhee, S.H.;Cheigh, H.S.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.24 The nutritional evaluation and antimutagenic and anticancer effect of Kimchi (in korean) Park, K.Y.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.26 Effects of Kimchi extracts on the growth of sarcoma-180 cells and phagocytic activity of mice (in korean) Choi, M.W.;Kim, K.H.;Park, K.Y.
- Antimutagenic activities of lactic acid bacteria isolated from Kimchi (in korean) Son, T.J.
- Environ. Mut. Carcino. v.17 Inhibitory effect of Kimchi extracts on mutagenesis of aflatoxin B1 (in korean) Hwang, S.Y.;Hur, Y.M.;Choi, Y.H.;Rhee, S.H.;Park, K.Y.;Lee, W.H.
- Life Sci. v.56 Capsaicin, a double-edged sword-Toxicity, metabolism and chemo-preventive potential Surh, Y.J.;Lee, S.S. https://doi.org/10.1016/0024-3205(95)00159-4
- Increase in swimming endurance capacity of mice by capsaicin Kim, K.M.
- CRC CRit. Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. v.35 Critical assessment of the dpidemiological data concerning the impact of antioxidant nutrients on cancer and cardiovascular disease Machlin, L.J. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408399509527684
- CRC Crit. Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. v.35 Inhibition of skin tumor initiation, promotion and progression by antioxidants and related compounds Slaga, T.J. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408399509527686
- CRC Crit. Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. v.35 The role of antioxidants in gastric carcinogenesis Correa, P. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408399509527687
- Korean J. Soc. Food Sci. v.14 no.1 Fermentative characteristics of Kimchi prepared by addition of different kinds of minor ingredients Lee, J.H.;Cho, Y.;Hwang, I.K.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.16 Quality characteristics of Kimchies with different ingredients(in Korean) Kim, M.H.;Shin, M.S.;Jhon, D.Y.;Hong, Y.H.;Lim, H.S.
- Crit. Rev. in food Sci. Nutr. v.342 Biochemical, microbiological and nutritional aspects of Kimchi(Korean fermented vegetable products) Cheigh, H.S.;Park, K.Y.
- Food Industry and Nutrition v.6 no.3 Current status of Korean Kimchi industry and research and development trends Kim, D.M.;Lee, J.H.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
- J.East Asian Soc. Dietary Life v.11 no.1 Chincese college students perception and preference of Korean Kimchi Han, J.S.;Hong, J.H.;Suh, B.S.;Byun, J.O.