- Volume 11 Issue 2
The transition area between a bridge and an earthwork is one of the weakest area of track because of the track geometry deterioration caused unequal settlement of backfill of abutment. In case of a ballastless track, the approach slab could be installed to prevent such a phenomenon. But, if there is occurred the inclined displacement on the approach slab by a settlement of the foundation or formation, the track is also under the inclined displacement. And this defect causes reducing the running stability of a vehicle, the riding comfort of passengers, and increasing the track deteriorations by excessive impact force acting on the track. In this study, parametric studies were performed to investigate the displacement limit on the approach slab to avoid such problems. The length and the amount of unequal settlement of approach slab were adopted as parameter for numerical analysis considering vehicle-track interaction. Car body accelerations, variations of wheel force, stresses in rail, and uplift forces induced on fastener clip were investigated. From the result, resonable settlement limit on the end of an approach slab according to slab length was suggested.
- ERRI D230.1/RP3 (1999), 'Bridge ends embankment structure trasnsition,' Eoropean Rail Research Institute
- 村明, 松尾浩一郞, 三浦重(1997), '지지탄성천이구간의 궤도의 거동해석,' 일본철도총연보고 Vol. 11, No. 2
- Eisenmann, J., Leykauf, G. (1993), 'The effect of head checking on the bending fatigue strength of railway rails', Rail Quality and Maintenance for Modern Railway Operation, pp. 425-433
- 철도구조물 등 설계표준동해설, 변위제한편(2006), 일본철도총합기술연구소
- 양신추(2002), '궤도설계 동하중 산정을 위한 차량/궤도 상호작용 해석기법 개발', 한국철도학회 2002년 추계학술대회 논문집, 한국철도학회, pp.1094-1099