- Volume 8 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Seismic performance assessment of steel reinforced concrete members accounting for double pivot stiffness degradation
- Juang, Jia-Lin (Dept. of Civil Engineering, National Central University) ;
- Hsu, Hsieh-Lung (Dept. of Civil Engineering, National Central University)
- Received : 2008.02.27
- Accepted : 2008.11.24
- Published : 2008.12.25
This paper presents an effective hysteretic model for the prediction and evaluation of steel reinforced concrete member seismic performance. This model adopts the load-deformation relationship acquired from monotonic load tests and incorporates the double-pivot behavior of composite members subjected to cyclic loads. Deterioration in member stiffness was accounted in the analytical model. The composite member performance assessment control parameters were calibrated from the test results. Comparisons between the cyclic load test results and analytical model validated the proposed method's effectiveness.
- El-Tawil, S. and Deierlein, G.G. (1999), "Strength and ductility of concrete encased composite columns", J. Constr. Steel Res., 55(9), 1009-1019.
- Girard, C. and Bastien, J. (2002), "Finite-element bond-slip model for concrete columns under cyclic loads", J. Struct. Eng.-ASCE, 128(12), 1502-1510. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2002)128:12(1502)
- Hsu, H.L. and Liang, L. L. (2003), "Performance of hollow composite members subjected to cyclic eccentric loading", Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 32(3), 443-461. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.235
- Hsu, H.L., Hsieh, J.C. and Juang, J.L. (2004) "Seismic performance of steel-encased composite members with strengthening cross inclined bars", J. Constr. Steel Res., 60(11), 1663-1679 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2004.04.002
- Kim, T.H., Lee, K.M., Chung, Y.S., and Shin, H.M. (2005), "Seismic damage assessment of reinforced concrete bridge columns", Eng. Struct., 27(4), 576-592. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2004.11.016
- Kunnath, S. K., Reinhorn, A. M. and Park, Y. J. (1990), "Analytical modeling of inelastic seismic response of R/C structures", J. Struct. Eng.-ASCE, 116(4), 996-1017.
- Kwan, W.P. and Billington. S.L. (2001), "Simulation of structural concrete under cyclic load", J. Struct. Eng.- ASCE, 127(12), 1391-1401. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2001)127:12(1391)
- Lowes, L.N., Moehle, J.R. and Govindjee, S. (2004) "Concrete-steel bond model for use in finite element modeling of reinforced concrete structures", ACI Struct. J., 101(4), 501-11.
- Miramontes, D., Merabet, O. and Reynouard, J. M. (1996), "Beam global-model for the seismic analysis of RC frames", Earthq. Eng. Struct. D., 25(7), 671-688. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9845(199607)25:7<671::AID-EQE573>3.0.CO;2-F
- Palermo, D. and Vecchio, F.J. (2007), "Simulation of cyclically loaded concrete structures based on the finiteelement method", J. Struct. Eng.-ASCE, 133(5), 728-738. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2007)133:5(728)
- Park, Y. J., Reinhorn, A. M. and Kunnath, S. K. (1987), IDARC: Inelastic damage analysis of reinforced concrete frame - shear-wall structures, NCEER-87-0008. State University of New York at Buffalo, NY.
- Ricles, J.M. and Paboojian, S.D. (1994), "Seismic performance of steel-encased composite columns", J. Struct. Eng.-ASCE, 120(8), 2474-2494. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1994)120:8(2474)
- Sivaselvan, M. V. and Reinhorn, A. M. (1999), Hysteretic models for cyclic behavior of deteriorating inelastic structures, MCEER-99-0018. State University of New York at Buffalo, NY.
- Takeda, T. A., Sozen, M. A. and Nielsen, N. N. (1970), "Reinforced concrete response to simulated earthquake", J. Struct. Div.-ASCE, 96(ST-12), 2557-2573.
- Weng, C. C., Yen, S. I. and Chen, C. C. (2001), "Shear-strength of concrete-encased composite structural members", J. Struct. Eng.-ASCE, 127(10),1190-1197. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2001)127:10(1190)
- Seismic performance factors for moment frames with steel-concrete composite columns and steel beams vol.45, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.2737