- Volume 4 Issue 3
Design of Non-stick Micromanipulation for Handling of Micro particle
초소형 부품 조작을 위한 Non-stick 마이크로 매니퓰레이션 시스템의 설계
- 인용석 (성균관대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 김유창 (성균관대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 최혁렬 (성균관대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 이상무 (한국생산기술연구원 로봇연구본부) ;
- 구자춘 (성균관대학교 기계공학부)
- Received : 2009.05.29
- Accepted : 2009.08.17
- Published : 2009.08.31
In the high precision robot systems, the most popular tasks may be handling of micro-scale objects on a surface such as a micromanipulation robot system. In handling of micro-scale objects, the stiction effect becomes a fundamental issue since the micro-contact mechanics dominates the micromanipulation robot system. In the paper, a theoretical non-stick condition derived from the micro-contact mechanics is carried out for the propose of micro-scale object manipulation. To verify the non-stick condition, a micro-manipulation robot system equipped with a high precision stage system and a microscope system is developed. Experimental results show that the proposed non-stick condition guarantees successful micro-scale object manipulation.
Supported by : 지식경제부
- A. Schubert, R. Neugebauer, and B. Schulz, "System Concept and Innovative Component Design for Ultra-Precision Assembly Processes," Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Precision Engineering, Tokyo, Japan, August 2006.
- Arianna Menciassi, Anna Eisinberg, Ivano Izzo, and Paolo Dario, "From "Macro" to "Micro" Manipulation: Models and Experiments," IEEE/ASME Transactions on mechatronics, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 311-320, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2004.828657
- D. Boley, and R. Maier, "Force-Guided Assembly of Micro Mirrors," Proceedings of the 2003 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Las Vegas, Nevada, October 2003.
- Van de Venn, and H.-W, "Microassembly-Current development trends and new assembly paradigms," http://www.microsolutions.fhso.ch/pdf/mechrob van de venn.pdf
- E. Shimada, J.A. Thompson, J. Yan, R. Wood, and R.S. Fearing, "Prototyping Millirobots Using Dextrous Microassembly and Folding," Proceedings of the 2000 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Orlando, Florida, November 2000.
- Afshin Tafazzoli, Chytra Pawashe, and Metin Sitti, "Atomic Force Microscope based Two-Dimensional Assembly of Micro/Nanoparticles," Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Symposium on Assembly and Task Planning, Montreal, Canada, July 2005.
- Nicholas A. Lynch, Cagdas Onal, Eugenio Schuster, and Metin Sitti, "A Strategy for Vision-Based Controlled Pushing of Microparticles," Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Roma, Italy, April 2007.
- Cagdas Denizel Onal, and Metin Sitti, "Visual Servoing-Based Autonomous 2-D Manipulation of Microparticles Using a Nanoprobe," IEEE Transactions on control systems technology, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 842-852, September 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2007.902944
- Guangyong Li, Ning Xi, Mengmeng Yu, and Wai-Keung Fung, "Development of Augmented Reality System for AFM-Based Nanomanipulation," IEEE/ASME Transactions on mechatronics, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 358-365, June 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2004.828651
- Guangyong Li, Ning Xi, Heping Chen, Craig Pomeroy, and Mathew Prokos, ""Videolized" Atomic Force Microscopy for Interactive Nanomanipulation and Nanoassembly," IEEE Transactions on nanotechnology, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 605-612, September 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNANO.2005.851430
- Fearing, R.S., "Survey of sticking effects for micro parts handling," Proceedings of the 1995 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, August 1995.
- Jian-HuaWu, Gang Zhao, and Jia-Ru Chu, "Influences of environmental humidity on micro object handling efficiency," Journal of micromechanics and microengineering, vol. 17 pp.187-192, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1088/0960-1317/17/2/001
- F. Arai, D. Ando, T. Fukuda, Y. Nonoda, and T. Oota, "Micro manipulation based on micro physics-strategy based on attractive force reduction and stress measurement," Proceedings of the 1995 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, August 1995.
- Yves Rollot, Stephane Regnier, and Jean-Claude Guinot, "Dynamic model for the micro-manipulation by adhesion: experimental validation for determined condition," Journal of micromechatronics, vol. 1, no. 4, pp.273-297, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1163/156856301320819499
- H. Krupp, W. Schnabel, and G. Walter, "Lifshitz-van der Waals constant - Computation of Lifshitz-van der Waals constant on basis of optical data," J. Colloid Interface Sci., vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 421-423, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9797(72)90039-2
- K. Komvopoulos, "Adhesion and friction forces in microelectromechanical systems: Mechanisms, measurement, surface modification techniques, and adhesion theory," Journal of adhesion science and technology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 477-517, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1163/15685610360554384
- Y. S. Ihn, S. H. Ryu, B. J. Choi, H. S. Ha, S. M. Lee, H. R. Choi, and J. C. Koo, "An Enhanced Vision Processing Algorithm for a Micromanipulation System," Proceedings of the International Workshop on Robotic and Sensors Environments, Ottawa, ON, Canada, October 2007.
- Y. S. Ihn, H. S. Ha, B. J. Choi, H. R. Choi, S. M. Lee and J. C. Koo, "Design of a modified binary region median filtering for micro electronic device assembly manipulations," Proceedings of International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, Seoul, Korea, October 2007.
- Y. S. Ihn, S. H. Ha, S. M. Lee, H. R. Choi, J. C. Koo, "The Binary Recognition Algorithm Using Point Correlation Template," Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence, Pohang, Korea, November 2007.