- Volume 17 Issue 4
Bird strike is big issue in aviation. Because a bird strike causes not only an aircraft damage but also a fatality, aviation societies are gearing up to prevent a bird strike. However, the accidents is not going down yet. Annal average of bird strikes in Korea is 1.15 accidents per ten thousand of flight, which is lower than the other country, for example 1.84 accidents in France and 2.38 accidents in Switzerland, 1.15 accidents. In the U.S.A, there are 89,727 accidents for the 19 year(1990-2008). Also flight delay is total 637,692 hours. The cost is total 350,258 billion dollar and 18,435 billion dollar per year. In related with those data's, this research is about the current and legal status of the bird strike. Also it will be useful to establish aviation safety policy and manage the bird strike.
Grant : 공항의 조류관리 및 충돌절감 조치에 관한 규정 연구
- 교통안전공단, "조류충돌방지 연구," 2008.
- 교통안전공단, "조종사를 위한 조류충돌예방과 회피", '항공안전시리즈' 2호, 1994.
- 국토해양부, "공항안전운영기준", 2008.
- 국토해양부 보도자료, "조류충돌 현황, 2008.
- 국토해양부, "국회감사자료, 2008.
- 항공안전본부, "조류 및 야생동물 충돌예방 관리 기준"(안전본부고시 2008-67), 2008.
- 한국공항공사 자체보고서, 2000.
- CAA, "2007 Summary Report Wildlife Strikes to Canadian Aircraft", 2008.
- Cleary, E. C., R. A. Dolbeer, and S. E. Wright. 2005. Wildlife strikes to civil aircraft in the United States, 1990-2004.
- Dolbeer, R. A., and S. E. Wright. "Wildlife strikes to civil aircraft in the United States, 1990-2008."
- FAA, Advisory Circular, 150/5200-33. 1997.
- FAA, Advisory Circular 150/5200-32A, 2004.
- FAA, Advisory Circular 150/5200-33A.2004.
- FAA, Advisory Circular 150/5200-34. 2000.
- FAA, Advisory Circular 150/5200-36, 2006.
- FAA, "WILDLIFE STRIKES TO CIVIL AIRCRAFT IN THE UNITED STATES 1990-2008, FAA & USDA, 2009.
- ICAO "Bird Control and Reduction", Doc 9137-AN/898 Part3, 1991.
- Richard A. Dolbeer & Sandra E. Wright, "2009. Safety management systems", 2009.
- Transport Canada, "Wildlife Control Procedures Manual", 2002.
- Transport Canada, "Sharing the Skies An Aviation Industry Guide to the Management of Wildlife Hazards", 2000.
- FAA, "Wildlife Hazard Management(14 CFR Part 139.337)", 2009.
- William A. Erickson, "A Review of Falconry as Bird-Hazing Technique," Proceedings of the Fourteenth Vertebrate Pest Conference, 1990,
- Wright, S. E, Some significant wildlife strikes to civil aircraft in the US, 1990-2008. FAA Wildlife Strike Database, FAA, U.S.DA, 2009.