- Volume 19 Issue 2
Potential Impacts and Energy Cost of Grid-Connected Plug-in Electric Vehicles
전력망 충전식 전기자동차의 영향 및 에너지비용
- Lee, Kyoung-Ho (KEPRI, Korea Electric Power Corporation) ;
- Han, Seung-Ho (KEPRI, Korea Electric Power Corporation)
- Received : 2009.09.22
- Accepted : 2010.06.20
- Published : 2010.06.30
Plug-in hybrid electric vehicle(PHEV) is a hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) with more added battery capacity that can be recharged from the electric power grid. Plug-in battery electric vehicle(PBEV) is a pure electric vehicle that uses only electric motor using electricity from battery that recharged from the power grid. PHEV and PBEV requires recharging of batteries in the vehicles from electric power grid. Recently, PHEVs and PBEV are being developed around the world. It is important to understand how these electric vehicles affect power demands and carbon dioxide emissions. From vehicle customer viewpoint, running energy cost will be imporatnt factor to consider. This paper analyzes the potential impacts of PHEVs and PBEVs on electric power demand, and associated CO2 emissions in 2020 with an projection that the vehicles will be penetrated with 10% market share. Energy costs for the vehicles are also calculated and compared with the conventional combustion vehicle.
- Scott, M.J. et al. Impacts assessment of plug-in hybrid vehicles on electric utilities and regional U.S. power grids, part2: economic assessment, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, 2007.
- Kintner-Meyer, M. et al. Impacts assessment of plug-in hybrid vehicles on electric utilities and regional U.S. power grids, part1: technical analysis, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, 2007.
- Hadley, S.W; Tsvetkova, A. Potential impacts of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles on regional power generation, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 2008.
- 한성빈 외. 디젤 하이브리드 전기자동차의 연료경제성 및 배출가스에 관한 시뮬레이션, 에너지공학, 18(1), 2009.
- 노철우; 김민수. PHEV시장 형성시 전력망에 미치는 영향 및 최적 충전 제어전략에 관한 연구, 대한기계학회논문집 B권, 2009, 33(4). https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2009.33.4.278
- 노철우; 김민수. 플러그인 하이브리드 전기자동차의 연료 경제성에 관한 연구, 대한기계학회논문집 B권, 2009, 33(4) 255-263. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2009.33.4.255
- Bass,F.M. A new product growth model for customer durables, Management Science, 1969, 15(5) 215-227. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.15.5.215
- D.M.Lemone, et al. An innovation and policy agenda for commercially competitive plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, Environmental Research Letters, 2008, 3.
- EPRI. Environmental assessment of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, Vol.1: Nationwide greenhouse gas emissions, 2007.
- J.K.Lindy; T.A.Haskew. Impacts of electric vehicles on electric power generation and global environmental change, Advances in Environmental Research, 2002, 6.
- P.Jaramillo, et al. Greenhouse gas implications of using coal for transportation: Life cycle assessment of coalto- liquids, plug-in hybrids, and hydrogen pathways, Energy Policy, 2009, 37.
- G.J.Suppes. Roles of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles in the transition to the hydrogen economy, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2006, 31.
- H.Lund; W.Kempton. Integration of renewable energy into the transport and electricity sectors through V2G, 2008, 36.
- W.Masayoshi. Research and development of electric vehicles for clean transportation, Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2009, 21.
- 지식경제부. 제4차 전력수급기본계획, 2008.
- 국토해양부 종합교통정책과. 우리나라 자동차 주행거리 보도자료, 2009. 4.10.
- K.Imai et al. Theoretical performance of EV range extender compared with Plug-in Hybrid, Journal of Asian Electric Vehicles, 2008, 6.
- R.Farrington; J.Rugh. Impact of vehicle air-conditioning on fuel economy, tailpipe emissions, and electric vehicle range, NREL, September 2000.
- IAEA. 발전원별 이산화탄소 배출량, 2006.
- Office of transportation and air quality. Average carbon dioxide emissions resulting from gasoline and diesel fuel, EPA420-F-05-001, 2005.
- 한국전력공사 전력거래팀. 전력거래실적자료, 2006.