- Volume 59 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Respiration Measurement System using Textile Capacitive Pressure Sensor
전기용량성 섬유 압력센서를 이용한 호흡측정 시스템
- Min, Se-Dong ;
- Yun, Young-Hyun ;
- Lee, Chung-Keun ;
- Shin, Hang-Sik ;
- Cho, Ha-Kyung ;
- Hwang, Seon-Cheol ;
- Lee, Myoung-Ho
- 민세동 (연세대 공대 전기전자공학과) ;
- 윤용현 (연세대 공대 전기전자공학과) ;
- 이충근 (연세대 공대 전기전자공학과) ;
- 신항식 (연세대 공대 전기전자공학과) ;
- 조하경 (연세대 공대 전기전자공학과) ;
- 황선철 (인덕대학 방송영상미디어과) ;
- 이명호 (연세대 공대 전기전자공학과)
- Published : 2010.03.01
In this paper, we proposed a wearable respiration measurement system with textile capacitive pressure sensor. Belt typed textile capacitive pressure sensor approach of respiration measurement, from which respiration signatures and rates can be derived in real-time for long-term monitoring, are presented. Belt typed textile capacitive pressure sensor has been developed for this measurement system. the distance change of two plates by the pressure of motion has been used for the respiration measurement in chest area. Respiration rates measured with the textile capacitive pressure sensor was compared with standard techniques on 8 human subjects. Accurate measurement of respiration rate with developed sensor system is shown. The data from the method comparison study is used to confirm theoretical estimates of change in capacitance by the distance change. The current version of respiratory rate detection system using textile capacitive pressure sensor can successfully measure respiration rate. It showed upper limit agreement of
- SUNGMEE PARK , SUNDARESAN JAYARAMAN. Enhancing the quality of life through wearable technology Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, IEEE, 2003 https://doi.org/10.1109/MEMB.2003.1213625
- Joanna Briggs Institute, "Vital Sign", Volume 3, Issue 3, 1999
- S. H. Nam, T. G. Yim, C. Y. Ryu, S. C. Shin, J. H. Kang, S. Kim, "The Preliminary Study of Unobtrusive respiratory monitoring for e-health", Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology 27th Annual Conference Shanghai, China, September 1-4, 2005
- Thomas Martin, Emil Jovanov, Dejan Raskovic. Issues in Wearable Computing for Medical Monitoring Applications : A Case Study of a Wearable ECG Monitoring Device. Fourth International Symposium on Wearable Computer. 2000.
- M. Pacelli, G. Loriga., N. Taccini and R. Paradiso. Sensing Fabrics for Monitoring Physiological and Biomechanical Variables : E-textilesolutions. Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE-EMBS, MIT, Boston, USA, Sept.4-6, 2006.
- H. Saito, M. Nishimura, E. Shibuya, H. Makita, I. Tsujino, K. Miyamoto, and Y. Kawakami, "Tissue hypoxia in sleep apnea syndrome assessed by uric acid and adenosine," Chest, vol. 122, no. 5, pp. 1686-1694, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.122.5.1686
- P. Fathizadeh, W. C. Shoemaker, C. C. J. Wo, and J. Colombo, "Autonomic activity in trauma patients based on variability of heart rate and respiratory rate," Critical Care Medicine, vol.32, no.6, pp.1420-1421, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.CCM.0000128956.74240.62
- C. Linti, H. Horter, P. Osterreicher, and H. Planck, "Sensory baby vest for the monitoring of infants," in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks (BSN 2006), 2006, pp. 135-137.
- R. Paradiso, G. Loriga, and N. Taccini, "A wearable health care system based on knitted integrated sensors," IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 9, pp. 337-344, Sept., 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITB.2005.854512
- D. DeRossi, G. Loriga, F. Lorussi, R. Paradiso, N. Taccini, M. Tesconi, and A. Tognetti, "Wearable systems for personalized health care," Textile Asia - The Asian Textile & Apparel Monthly, 2005.
- G. Loriga, N. Taccini, D. De Rossi, and R. Paradiso, "Textile Sensing Interfaces for Cardiopulmonary Signs Monitoring," in Proceedings of the 27th Annual International Conference IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (IEEE-EMBS 2005), Shanghai, China, 2005, pp. 7349-7352.
- N. Noury, A. Dittmar, C. Corroy, R. Baghai, J. L. Weber, D. Blanc, F. Klefstat, A. Blinovska, S. Vaysse, and B. Comet, "VTAMN - A Smart Clothe for Ambulatory Remote Monitoring of Physiological Parameters and Activity," in Proceedings of the 26th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2004), 2004, pp. 3266-3269.
- Valentin T. Jordanov, Member, IEEE, Dave L. Hall, Mat. Kastner, "Digital Peak Detector with Noise Threshold" IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record, 2002
- J. M. Bland and D. G. Altman, "Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement," Lancet, vol. 1, no. 8476, pp. 307-310, 1986.
- J. M. Bland and D. G. Altman, "Comparing methods of measurement: why plotting difference against standard method is misleading," Lancet, vol. 346, no. 8982, 1085-1087, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(95)91748-9
- J. M. Bland and D. G. Altman, "Measuring agreement in method comparison studies," Statistical Methods in Medical Research, vol. 8, pp. 135-160, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1191/096228099673819272
- 李仁光, 金盛植, 張鐘贊, 金君珍, 金敬娥, 李泰洙, 車殷宗, "복부에서 측정하는 일회 호흡용적의 정확도 평가", 전기학회논문지 제57권 제7호, pp.1298-1303, 2008년 7월
- 유욱재, 조동현, 장경원, 오정은, 이봉수, 탁계래. Chalcogenide 광섬유를 이용한 호흡측정 센서 개발을 위한 기초 연구. 한국 센서 학회지. Vol. 16, No.5, pp.331-336, 2007
- Honda, M., "Impedances measurement handbook'', Edition Hewlett Packard 2003.
- Coughlin, R. F., and Driscoll, F. F., Operational Amplifiers and Linear Integrated Circuits, New Delhi, Prentice Hall of India, 1996.