- Volume 59 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Design of Incentive-based DR Program using Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)
계층분석과정(AHP)을 이용한 지원금 기반 수요반응프로그램 설계
- Published : 2010.03.01
This paper presents an unique approach to scheme a demand response (DR) program in the electricity market from a customer-oriented perspective, which is based on the analytic hierarchy process (AHP). The proposed program has the objective to maintain the system reliability at the emergency period, and it is designed as an incentive-based program (IBP) considering Korea power systems with the cost-based generation pool (CBP). The DR program using AHP could represent the mutual importance degrees of load curtailment criteria from the viewpoint of different load-holders, thus customers' participation in this program is determined by the incentive payments corresponding the specific load curtailment conditions. A test system for the case study is used to demonstrate the usefulness and applicability of the proposed approach, and the load profiles with the proposed DR program and the required incentive payments are obtained. The results show not only the enhancement of system reliability but also the economic benefit within Pareto-improvement.
- Gellings, C.W "The concept of demand-side management for electric utilities", IEEE invited paper, Vol. 73, No. 10, pp.1468 – 1470, 1985.
- US Department of Energy, "Benefits of Demand Response in Electricity Markets and Recommendations for Achieving Them", Report to the United States Congress, February 2006.
- Boisvert, R., Neenan, B. "Social welfare implications of demand response programs in competitive electricity markets", Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories Working Paper, 2003. [Online Available] http://eetd.lbl.gov/ea/EMS/reports/LBNL-52530.pdfS.
- Paulson, E.J. PJM Interconnection, LLC, PA, USA "Demand Response as ancillary services in the PJM RTO", Power Engineering Society General Meeting 2005 IEEE, Vol. 2, pp. 1575- 1578, June 2005.
- Karen Herter, Patrick McAuliffe, Arthur Rosenfeld "An exploratory analysis of California residential customer response to critical peak pricing of electricity", Elsevier, Energy 32, pp. 25–34, 2007.
- Emre Celebi and J. David Fuller, "A Model for Efficient Consumer Pricing Schemes in Electricity Markets", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 60-67, FEB. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2006.888956
- Goel L., Wu Qiuwei, Wang Peng, " Reliability Enhancement and Nodal Price Volatility Reduction of Restructured Power Systems with Stochastic Demand Side Load Shift", Power Engineering Society General Meeting, IEEE, pp. 1 – 8, 2007.
- Omkarprasad S. Vaidya, Sushil Kumar, "Analytic hierarchy process: An overview of applications", Elsevier, European Journal of Operational Research 169, pp. 1–29, 2006.
- Roy Billinton, Ronald N. Allan, "Reliability evaluation of power system", 2th Edition, Plenum Press, NY, USA., 1996.
- 김홍배, "정책평가기법-비용.편익분석론", (주) 나남출판, 2006.