- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Location of STATCOM for Improvement of Total Transfer Capability and Analysis of Total Transfer Capability Considering Transient Stability
전체송전용량 향상을 위한 STATCOM 설비의 적용 위치 선정 및 과도안정도를 고려한 전체송전용량 분석
- Received : 2009.10.12
- Accepted : 2010.02.16
- Published : 2010.04.30
The power transfer capability has been recently highlighted as a key issue in many utilities with the power system more stressed and heavy loaded. The total transfer capability in the KEPCO power system is determined mainly by the voltage stability limit and many approaches for enhancement of the total transfer capability has been consistently performed. In this paper, a new transfer capability index to locate the STATCOM(Static Synchronous Compensator) effectively for enhancing the total transfer capability from a static voltage stability viewpoint is presented and it is applied to a small scale power system of IEEE 39-bus test system in order to show the effects of this index. In addition, the effect of transient stability as well as voltage stability to the total transfer capability when loads are increased is analyzed using this small scale power system.
Supported by : 인천대학교
- P.W. Sauer, K.D. Demaree and M.A. Pai, “Stability limited load supply and interchange capability”, IEEE Transactions on PAS, Vol. PAS-102, No. 11, pp. 3637-3643, Nov., 1983. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAS.1983.317726
- James D. McCally, John F. Dorsey, Zhihua Qu, “A new methodology for determining transmission capacity margin in electric power systems”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 944-951, Aug., 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.119233
- C. S. Indulker, B. Viswanathan, and S. S. Venkata, “Maximum Power Transfer Limited by Voltage Stability in Series and Shunt Compensated Schemes for A.C Transmission Systems”, IEEE Trans.-PD, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 1246-1252, 1989.
- JA. J. Flueck, H. D. Chang, and K. S. Shah, “Investigating the Installed Real Power Transfer Capability of a Large Scale Power System Under a Proposed Multiarea Interchange Schedule Using CPFLOW”, IEEE Trans.-PS, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 883-889,1996.
- T. Nagao, K. Tanaka, K. Takenaka, “Development of static and simulation programs for voltage stability studies of bulk power system”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 273-281, Feb. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.574948
- A. B. Khairuddin, S. S. Ahmed, M. W. Mustafa, A. A. M. Zin, H. Ahmad, “A novel method for ATC computations in a large-scale power system”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 1150-1158, May 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2004.825933
- C. W. Taylor, “Power system voltage stability”, McGraw-Hill, 1994.