- Volume 39 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Physiological Effects of Formulations Added with Black Garlic Extract on Skin Care: Oxidative Stress, Tyrosinase and Elastase Activities
흑마늘 추출물을 첨가한 화장품의 기능성 평가: Tyrosinase와 Elastase 저해 활성 및 산화 스트레스에 미치는 영향 중심으로
- Jung, Eun-Young (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Korea University) ;
- Hong, Yang-Hee (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Dongduk Women's University) ;
- Kim, Seon-Hee (Dept. of Beauty and Coordination, Suwon Science College) ;
- Suh, Hyung-Joo (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Korea University)
- Received : 2010.04.09
- Accepted : 2010.04.18
- Published : 2010.05.31
We evaluated the physiological effects of formulations added with black garlic extract on skin care. Black garlic was made by spontaneous fermentation for 40 days at
- Khoo YS, Aziz Z. 2009. Garlic supplementation and serum cholesterol: a meta-analysis. J Clin Pharm Ther 34: 133-145. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2710.2008.00998.x
- Kim KJ, Do JR, Kim HK. 2005. Antimicrobial, antihypertensive and anticancer activities of garlic extracts. Korean J Food Technol 37: 228-232.
- Kwon SK. 2003. Organosulfur compounds from Allium sativum and physiological activities. J Appl Pharmacol 11: 8-32. https://doi.org/10.4062/biomolther.2003.11.1.008
- Shin SH, Kim MK. 2004. Effect of dried powders or ethanol extracts of garlic flesh and peel on antioxidative capacity in 16-month-old rats. Korean J Nutr 37: 633-544.
- Lee YM, Gweon OC, Seo YJ, Im J, Kang MJ, Kim MJ, Kim JI. 2009. Antioxidant effect of garlic and aged black garlic in animal model of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Nutr Res Pract 3: 156-161. https://doi.org/10.4162/nrp.2009.3.2.156
- Sato E, Kohno M, Hamano H, Niwano Y. 2006. Increased anti-oxidative potency of garlic by spontaneous short-term fermentation. Plant Foods Hum Nutr 61: 157-160. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11130-006-0017-5
- Lee SH, Cho HS. 2007. Trends in functional food ingredients for beauty and its application in skin care. Food Sci Ind 40: 31-38.
- Kim EA. 2007. Phytochemicals and beauty food. Food Sci Ind 40: 3-8.
- Lee GY, Chang BS. 2007. Literature review on the effect of human skin following garlic extraction. J Beau Tricho 3: 6-12.
- Sonavane G, Tomoda K, Sano A, Ohshima H, Terada H, Makino K. 2008. In vitro permeation of gold nanoparticles through rat skin and rat intestine: effect of particle size. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 65: 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfb.2008.02.013
- Mason HS, Peterson EW. 1965. Melanoproteins I. Reactions between enzyme-generated quinones and amino acids. Biochim Biophys Acta 111: 134-146. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-4165(65)90479-4
- James AEK, Timothy DW, Gordon L. 1996. Inhibition of human leukocyte and porcine pancreatic elastase by homologues of bovine pancreatic trypsin inhibitor. Biochemistry 35: 9090-9096. https://doi.org/10.1021/bi953013b
- Marquele-Oliveira F, Fonseca YM, de Freitas O, Fonseca MJ. 2007. Development of topical functionalized formulations added with propolis extract: stability, cutaneous absorption and in vivo studies. Int J Pharm 342: 40-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2007.04.026
- Tietz F. 1969. Enzymic method for quantitative determination of nanogram amount of total and oxidized glutathione: applications to mammalian blood and other tissues. Anal Biochem 27: 502-522. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(69)90064-5
- Quintanilha AT, Packer L, Davies JM, Racanelli TL, Davies KJ. 1982. Membrane effects of vitamin E deficiency: bioenergetic and surface charge density studies of skeletal muscle and liver mitochondria. Ann NY Acad Sci 393: 32-47. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.1982.tb31230.x
- Marnett LJ, Ji C. 1994. Modulation of oxidant formation in mouse skin in vivo by tumor-promoting phorbol esters. Cancer Res 54: 1886S-1889S.
- Bisset DL, Hannon DP, Orr TV. 1987. An animal model of solaraged skin: histological, physical, and visible changes in UV-irradiated hairless mouse skin. Photochem Photobiol 46: 367-378. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1751-1097.1987.tb04783.x
- Rahman K. 2003. Garlic and aging: new insights into an old remedy. Ageing Res Rev 2: 39-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1568-1637(02)00049-1
- Zhang C, Lu Y, Tao L, Tao X, Su X, Wei D. 2007. Tyrosinase inhibitory effects and inhibition mechanisms of nobiletin and hesperidin from citrus peel crude extracts. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 22: 91-98. https://doi.org/10.1080/14756360600988989
- Sener G, Satyroglu H, Ozer Sehirli A, Kaçmaz A. 2003. Protective effect of aqueous garlic extract against oxidative organ damage in a rat model of thermal injury. Life Sci 23: 81-91.
- Tepe B, Sokmen M, Akpulat HA, Sokmen A. 2005. In vitro antioxidant activities of the methanol extracts of five Allium species from Turkey. Food Chem 92: 89-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2004.07.016
- Schaffer EM, Liu JZ, Green J, Dangler CA, Milner JA. 1996. Garlic and associated allyl sulfur components inhibit Nmethyl-N-nitrosourea induced rat mammary carcinogenesis. Cancer Lett 102: 199-204. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-3835(96)04160-2
- Sato E, Kohno M, Niwano Y. 2006. Increased level of tetrahydro-beta-carboline derivatives in short-term fermented garlic. Plant Foods Hum Nutr 61: 175-178. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11130-006-0028-2
- Kwon OC, Woo KS, Kim TM, Kim DJ, Hong JT, Jeong HS. 2006. Physicochemical characteristics of garlic (Allium sativum L.) on the high temperature and pressure treatment. Korean J Food Sci Technol 38: 331-336.
- Dwivedi C, Maydew ER, Hora JJ, Ramaeker DM, Guan X. 2005. Chemopreventive effects of various concentrations of alpha-santalol on skin cancer development in CD-1 mice. Eur J Cancer Prev 14: 473-476. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.cej.0000178075.20124.2a
- Arora A, Kalra N, Shukla Y. 2006. Regulation of p21/ras protein expression by diallyl sulfide in DMBA induced neoplastic changes in mouse skin. Cancer Lett 8: 28-36.
- Improvement of Antioxidative Activity by Enzyme Treatment and Lactic Acid Bacteria Cultivation in Black Garlic vol.40, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.5.660
- Biological Activity of Browning Compounds from Processed Garlics Separated by Dialysis Membrane vol.40, pp.3, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.3.357
- Antioxidant and antityrosinase activity of fermented silkworm hemolymph vol.52, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7852/jses.2014.52.2.159
- Effect of Unpolished Rice Vinegar Containing Monascus-Fermented Soybean on Inhibitory Activities of Tyrosinase and Elastase vol.45, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.1.149
- Biological Activities of Yellow Garlic Extract vol.44, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.7.983