- Volume 5 Issue 4
Efficient Measurement of Wind Velocity and Direction Using Dual Rotor Wind Power Generator in Vessel
Dual Rotor 풍력발전을 이용한 선박에서의 효과적인 풍향 풍속 측정
- Received : 2010.07.14
- Accepted : 2010.09.13
- Published : 2010.11.30
This paper proposes an efficient measurement system for the velocity and direction of the wind using the dual rotor wind power generator in vessel. Conventional digital measurement system recognizes the direction and the velocity of the wind using the electric compass or synchronous motor and Vane probe method using hall sensors. But each system has its own short-comings: the synchronous motor has a larger measurement error than the magnetic compass and magnetic compass is weak for the external disturbances such as fluctuation of the vessel. To compensate these short-comings, this paper proposes a new compensation algorithm for the fluctuation errors according to the external interference and the unexpected movement of the vessel along the roll and pitch directions. The proposed system is implemented with the dual compasses and a synchronous motor. The proposed independent power generation system can be operated by itself and can raise the efficiency of the wind power generation systems of 30 ~ 400 W installed along the vertical and horizontal axes. The proposed system also realizes the efficient and reliable power production system by the MPPT algorithm for the real-time recognition of the wind direction and velocity. An advanced switching algorithm for the battery charging system has been also proposed. Effectiveness of the proposed algorithm has been verified through the real experiments and the results are demonstrated.
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- R. H. Liang, and J. H. Liao, "A Fuzzy-Optimization Approach for Generation Scheduling With Wind and Solar Energy Systems," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol.22, No.4, November, 2007.
- R. J. Wai, C. Y. Lin and Y. R. Chang, "Novel maximum power extraction algorithm for PMSG wind generation system," Electric Power Applications, IET, Vol.1, No.2, pp.275-283, March, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa:20050514
- A. M. Debroe, S. Drouilhet and V. Gevorgian, "A peak power tracker for small wind turbines in battery charging applications," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol.14, No.4, pp.1630-1635, December, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.815116
- K. Tan, and S. Islam, "Optimum control strategies in energy conversion of PMSG wind turbine system without mechanical sensors," IEEE Transaction on Energy Conversion, Vol.19, No.2, pp.392-399, June, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2004.827038
- Yuang-Shung Lee and Ming-Wang Cheng, "Intelligent control battery equalization for series connected lithium-ion battery strings," Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions, Vol.52, No.5, pp.1297-1307, October, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.855673
- Liang-Rui Chen, "PLL-based battery charge circuit topology," Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions, Vol.51, No.6, pp.1344-1346, December, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2004.837891
- E. C. Kent, "A comparison of ship- and scatterometer-derived wind speed data in open ocean and coastal areas," International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol.19, No.17, pp.3361-3381, January, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1080/014311698214046
- David E. Weissman, Mark A. Bourassa and Jeffrey Tongue, "Effects of Rain Rate and Wind Magnitude on Sea Winds Scatterometer Wind Speed Errors," Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, Vol.19, No.5, pp.738-746, May, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0426(2002)019<0738:EORRAW>2.0.CO;2
- Kyung-Moon Lee, Yang-Hwan Kim, Jae-Mu Yun and Jang-Myung Lee, "Magnetic-interference-free dual-electric compass," Sensors and Actuators, Vol.120, No.2, pp.441-450, May, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2005.01.032
- Sun-Sin Han, Im-Yong Kang and Jang-Myung Lee, "Implementation of Spreader Pose Control Using Dual-Electric Compasses," IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol.9, No.1, pp.69-70, January 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2008.2010359
- Peter B. Schmidt, Michael L. Gasperi, Glen Ray and Ajith H. Wijenayake, "Initial Rotor Angle Detection Of A Non-Salient Pole Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine," IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, Louisiana New Orleans, October 1997.
- 고재평, 강웅기, 김양환, 이장명, "동적 간섭 자기장에 강인한 전자컴파스," 제어.자동화.시스템공학 논문지, 제11권, 제1호, pp.27-33, 1, 2005.