- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A study on the development of high functional food protein ingredient from rice bran
고기능성 쌀단백질 소재 개발 연구
- Lee, Eui-Suk (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, College of Agriculture and Life Science, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Ki-Jong (Division of barly and rice, National Institute Crops Science) ;
- Kim, Jae-Hyeon (Division of Agriculture & Food resources, National Academy of Agriculture Science) ;
- Hong, Soon-Taek (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, College of Agriculture and Life Science, Chungnam National University)
- 이의석 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 식품공학과) ;
- 김기종 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원 벼맥류부) ;
- 김재현 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농식품자원부) ;
- 홍순택 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 식품공학과)
- Received : 2010.04.07
- Accepted : 2010.06.11
- Published : 2010.06.30
Rice bran proteins from different cultivars(Youngan, Sindongjin, Suwon 511) were extracted with Xylanase using orthogonal analysis method and their functional properties were investigated. The optimum extraction conditions, based on protein content in the extract found to be at 1 wt% xylanase, pH 7 and 50:1, solvent to rice bran ratio(v/w %). Nitrogen solubility indices(NSI) of rice bran protein concentrates were shown a minimum value at pH 4 ranged 2~23%, varied with different cultivars and a maximum (NSI
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Aoki, H., Taneyama, O., Orimo, N. and Kitagawa, I. 1981. Effect of lipophilization of soy protein on its emulsion stabilizing properties. J. Food Sci., 46:1192-1195. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1981.tb03021.x
- Burks, A. W. and Helm, R. M. 1994. Hypoallergenicity of rice protein. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Cereal Chemists, Nashville, TN.
- Bera, M. B. and Mukherjee, R. K. 1989. Solubility, emulsifying and foaming properties of rice bran protein concentrates. J. Food Sci., 54:142-145. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1989.tb08587.x
- Hanmoungjai, P., Pyle, D. L. and Niranjan, K. 2002. Enzyme-assisted water-extraction of oil and protein from rice bran. J. Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 77:771-776. https://doi.org/10.1002/jctb.635
- Hettiarachchy, N. S., Tang, S., Horex, R. and Eswaranandam, S. 2003. Physicochemical properties and functionality of rice bran protein hydrolyzate propared from heat-stabilized defatted rice bran with the aid of enzymes. J. Food Sci., 68(1): 152-157. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2003.tb14132.x
Hong, Soon Taek. 1996. Influence of surfactants on properties of
$\beta$-Lactoglobulin emulsions and heat-treated emulsion gels. UK: Ph.D. thesis, University of Leeds.
- Jariwalla, R. J. 2001. Rice-bran products: Phytonutients with potential applications in preventive and clinical medicine. Drugs Experimental Clinical Research, 27:17-26.
- Kahlon, T. S., Chow, F. I. and Sayre, R. N. 1994. Cholesterol-lowering properties of rice bran. Cereal World, 39: 99-103.
- Kim, S. R., Ahn, J. Y., Lee, H. Y. and Ha, T. Y. 2004 Various properties and phenolic acid contents of rices and rice brans with different milling fractions. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., 36:930-936.
- Kinsella, J. E. and Pearce, K. N. 1978. Emulsifying properties of proteins: Evaluation of a turbidimetric technique. J. Agric. Food Chem., 26(3):716-723. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf60217a041
- O'dell, B. L. and DeBoland, A. R. 1976. Complexation of phytate with proteins and cations in corn germ and oil seed meals. J. Agric. Food Chem., 24(4):804-808 https://doi.org/10.1021/jf60206a034
- Phillips, M. C. and Graham, D. E. 1979. Proteins at liquid interfaces : III. Molecular structures of adsorbed films. J. Colloid and Interface Sci., 70(3):427-439 https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9797(79)90050-X
- Quinn, J. R. and Paton, D. 1979. A practical measurement of water hydration capacity of protein materials. Cereal Chem., 56:38-40.
- Shih, F, F., Champagne, E. T., Daigle, K. and Zarins, Z. 1999. Use of enzyme in the processing of protein products from rice bran an rice flour. Nahrung, 43(1):14-18. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1521-3803(19990101)43:1<14::AID-FOOD14>3.0.CO;2-K
- Shimizu, M., Saito, M. and Yamauchi, K. 1986. Hydrophobicity and emulsifying activity of milk proteins. Agric Biol Chem., 50:791-792. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.50.791
- Siebenmorgen, T., Wang, M., Hettiarachchy, N. S., Qi, M., and Burks, W. 1999. Preparation and Functional properties of rice bran protein isolate. J. Agric. Food Chem., 47:411-416. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf9806964
- Thompson, L. U., Liu, R. F. K. and Jones, J. D. 1982. Functional properties and food applications of rapeseed protein concentrate. J. Food Sci., 47:1175-118. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1982.tb07643.x
- Tornberg, E. and Lundh, D. 1978. Functional characterization of protein stabilizated emulsions.: creaming stability. J. Food Sci., 43:1553-1558. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1978.tb02541.x
- Yu, Kyung Jin, 2008. Emulsifying properties of rice bran protein. Korea: MS. thesis, Chung Nam National Univ.