- Volume 43 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Application of Gamma Ray Irradiation to the Microbiological Safety of Dried Seafood Products
건조 수산물의 미생물학적 안전성 확보를 위한 감마선 조사 기술의 이용
- Choi, Jong-Il (Advanced Radiation Technology Institute, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Joo (Advanced Radiation Technology Institute, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jae-Hun (Advanced Radiation Technology Institute, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Ahn, Dong-Hyun (Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, Pukyong National University) ;
- Chun, Byung-Soo (Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, Pukyong National University) ;
- Lee, Ju-Woon (Advanced Radiation Technology Institute, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- 최종일 (한국원자력연구원 정읍방사선과학연구소) ;
- 김현주 (한국원자력연구원 정읍방사선과학연구소) ;
- 김재훈 (한국원자력연구원 정읍방사선과학연구소) ;
- 안동현 (부경대학교 식품생명공학부) ;
- 전병수 (부경대학교 식품생명공학부) ;
- 이주운 (한국원자력연구원 정읍방사선과학연구소)
- Received : 2010.01.12
- Accepted : 2010.04.13
- Published : 2010.04.30
This study evaluated the effects of gamma ray irradiation on the safety of dried seafood products. Dried salted squid, Engraulis japonica, Hizikia fusiformis, Mytilus coruscus, and Porphyra tenera were gamma-irradiated at doses of 0, 1, 3, and 5 kGy. The total bacterial populations were then enumerated on total plate count agar, and bacteria isolated from the samples were identified by 16S rDNA sequencing. In addition, the isolated strains were inoculated in the products to determine
Supported by : 교육과학기술부, 한국원자력연구원
- Bae HJ, Lee JH and Oh SI. 2003. Effect of applying pretreatment methods before cooking for decreasing the microbiological hazard of cooked dried fish in foodservice establishments. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 19, 555-561.
- Byun MW. 1994. Application of irradiation techniques to food industry. Radioistope news 9, 32-37.
- Byun MW. 1997. Application and aspect of irradiation technology in food industry. Food Sci Ind 30, 89-100
- Cho HO, Kwon JH, Byun MW, Kim, YJ and Yang JS. 1986. Effects of ethylene oxide fumigation and gamma irradiation on the quality of ground red and black peppers. Korean J Food Sci Technol 18, 294-300.
- Feldhussen F. 2000. The role of seafood in bacterial foodborne disease. Microbes Infection 2, 1651-1660. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1286-4579(00)01321-6
- Ham HJ. 2007. Enterococcus faecalis and E. faeclum isolated in dried marine products. J Food Hyg Safety 22, 294-299.
- Keyser M, Withuhn RC, Ronquest LC and Britz T. 2003. Treatment of winery effluent with upflow anaerobi sludge blanket (UASB)-granular sludges enriched with Enterobacter sakazakii. Biotechnol Lett 25, 1893-1898. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:BILE.0000003978.72266.96
- Korea Food and Drug Adminstration. 2004.
- KREI (Korea Rural Economic Insititute). 2005. Food Balance Sheet (2004), KERI, KOREA, 1-283.
- Lee HJ, Kim JK, Lee SJ and Cho HO. 1993. Microbial growth in dried fishes during preservation. Kor J Food Hygiene 8, 135-140
- Lee MK, Lee MH and Kwon JH. 1998. Sterilizing effect of electron beam on ginseng powders. Korean J Food Sci Technol 30, 1362-1366.
- Ma K and Maxcy RB. 1981. Factors influencing radiation resistance of vegetative bacteria and spores associated with radapperization of meat. J Food Sci 46, 612-616. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1981.tb04923.x
- Nishida H and Narumi I. 2002. Disruption analysis of DR1420 and/or DR1758 in the extremely radioresistant bacterium Deinococcus radiodurans. Microbiol 148, 2911- 2914. https://doi.org/10.1099/00221287-148-9-2911
- Parihar VS, Barbuddhe SB, Danielsson-Tham TL and Tham W. 2008. Isolation and characterization of Listeria species from tropical seafoods. Food Control 19, 566-569. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2007.06.009
- Ponce E, Khan AA, Cheng CM, Summage-West C and Cerniglia CE. 2008. Prevalence and characterization of Salmonella enterica serovar Weltevreden from imported seafood. Food Microbiol 25, 29-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fm.2007.09.001
- Song HP, Kim B, Jung S, Choe JH, Yun H, Kim YJ and Jo C. 2009. Effect of gamma and electron beam irradiation on the survival of pathogens inoculated into salted, seasoned, and fermented oyster. LWT-Food Sci Technol 42, 1320-1324. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2009.03.018
- SPSS. 1997. Statistical Package for the Social Sciences, Norman.
- Su YC and Liu C. 2007. Vibrio parahaemolyticus: A concern of seafood safety. Food Microbiol 24, 549-558 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fm.2007.01.005
- White O, Eisen JA, Heidelberg JF, Hickey EK, Peterson JD, Robert JD, Daniel HH, Michelle LG, William CN, Delwood LR, Kelly SM, Haiying Q, Lingxia J, Wanda P, Marie C, Mian S, Jessica JV, Peter L, Lisa M and Terry U. 1999. Genome sequence of the radioresistant bacterium Deinococcus radiodurans Rl. Science 286, 1571-1577. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.286.5444.1571
- WHO. 1981. Wholesomeness of irradiated food. Report of joint FAO/IAEA/WHO expert committee. Technical Report Series 659, p. 34.
- Application of gamma irradiation for the reduction of norovirus in traditional Korean half-dried seafood products during storage vol.65, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2015.09.005
- Application of gamma radiation for the reduction of norovirus and the quality stability in optimally ripened cabbage kimchi vol.100, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2017.08.061